Conquer Club

Gamers Can "Play" as Taliban

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Gamers Can "Play" as Taliban

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:12 pm

ksslemp wrote:Not trying to get you to keep your opinion to yourself!
Just saying you are a Fucking Piece of Shit for having that opinion! Capish?
[color=#4000BF]Maybe you could go over and give the Taliban a great big hug, then they will know how nice Americans are and forget all about enslaving people.

That you appear to believe that just because he doesn't support the war means that he supports the Taliban...that is pretty idiotic.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby mviola on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:18 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
mviola wrote:
ksslemp wrote:
mviola wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:"My son didn't get to start over when he was killed."

He shouldn't have went overseas then.

f*ck YOU!!!
What a Fucking Piece of Shit you are for saying that!!!!

Really, calling me names to get me to keep my opinion to myself? Not all of us support the war you know.

Yeah, so... you didn't really read any of the comments did you? Sometimes it's better to apologize for making grossly insensitive comments when what you should have said was, "I don't agree with this woman. It's just a video game." and left it at that.

There is a difference between not supporting a war and not supporting the troops engaged in the war. You've crossed into "not supporting the troops" territory. The vast majority of people don't appreciate this and the vast vast vast majority of people tend to think your comments are rather disgusting honestly.

Only four of the about fifteen people (you, ksslemp, muythaiguy, and VOL) have said they greatly disagree with my opinion. I don't understand how that makes a majority. Let alone a vast, vast, vast one. Also I posted a comment that is a bit controversial. But its true and it makes sense when taking the context of the quote. Just because you seem hellbent on making me seem like a terrible person, or feel like using your influence as a mod, stop trying to lecture me.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:20 pm

mviola wrote:Only four of the about fifteen people (you, ksslemp, muythaiguy, and VOL) have said they greatly disagree with my opinion. I don't understand how that makes a majority. Let alone a vast, vast, vast one. Also I posted a comment that is a bit controversial. But its true and it makes sense when taking the context of the quote. Just because you seem hellbent on making me seem like a terrible person, or feel like using your influence as a mod, stop trying to lecture me.

I'll stop lecturing you.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:21 pm

mviola wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
mviola wrote:
ksslemp wrote:
mviola wrote:He shouldn't have went overseas then.

f*ck YOU!!!

Really, calling me names to get me to keep my opinion to myself? Not all of us support the war you know.

Yeah, so... you didn't really read any of the comments did you? Sometimes it's better to apologize for making grossly insensitive comments when what you should have said was, "I don't agree with this woman. It's just a video game." and left it at that.

There is a difference between not supporting a war and not supporting the troops engaged in the war. You've crossed into "not supporting the troops" territory. The vast majority of people don't appreciate this and the vast vast vast majority of people tend to think your comments are rather disgusting honestly.

Only four of the about fifteen people (you, ksslemp, muythaiguy, and VOL) have said they greatly disagree with my opinion.

I didn't say, but I do disagree not only with what you said but even more stridently how you said it. I also don't at all think thegreekdog was trying to use his influence as a moderator.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby mviola on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Woodruff wrote:
mviola wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
mviola wrote:
ksslemp wrote:f*ck YOU!!!

Only four of the about fifteen people (you, ksslemp, muythaiguy, and VOL) have said they greatly disagree with my opinion.

I didn't say, but I do disagree not only with what you said but even more stridently how you said it. I also don't at all think thegreekdog was trying to use his influence as a moderator.

I didn't include you in the count because you didn't say anything extremely opinionated before this. I guessed that you were against my opinion seeing as you have been involved in the army. But still calling a vast, vast, vast majority five out of fifteen people doesn't make much sense.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby The Bison King on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:29 pm

I think MViola is pretty damn brave for saying what he said. Not "Cowardly" as VOP put it. There's a difference between being unsympathetic to people who have already lost their lives and disrespecting the decision they first took to put themselves in that situation. In today's society Speaking out against the troops is about the most taboo thing you can do. Talk shit about the president, no one cares, talk shit about the war, some people become uncomfortable, HEAVEN FORBID YOU SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE TROOPS, MOBS OF ANGRY CITIZENS COME WITH PITCHFORKS AND FIRES TO LYNCH YOU AND DESECRATE YOU BODY.

I'm not saying it isn't sad that young men are dying over there, but it was their choice.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:34 pm

The Bison King wrote:

I think MViola is pretty damn brave for saying what he said. Not "Cowardly" as VOP put it.

I would agree with this. I did not find it cowardly either. It was several other things (<smile>), but not cowardly.

Postby heavycola on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Woodruff wrote:
The Bison King wrote:

I think MViola is pretty damn brave for saying what he said. Not "Cowardly" as VOP put it.

I would agree with this. I did not find it cowardly either. It was several other things (<smile>), but not cowardly.

Careful - they sacked conan o'brien for that shit, remember
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby The Bison King on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:39 pm

I've got WAAAAAY less to lose that Conan.

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:46 pm

Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
pmchugh wrote:As horrible as it is to lose a family member in combat, what the f*ck does this have to do with EA's game?

It a friggin game, in COD you can kill american soldiers in GTA you can kill cops etc etc This is the typical thing where someone who has suffered takes it out on the wrong people and no-one can disagree because of said persons suffering. I wont buy the game if it does come out I really don't give a sh*t about it but this is just much ado about nothing.

I have friends and family in the military. Fortunately none of them have been killed. You don't have to have a loved one killed in the military to know that this game is offensive. Yes I realize that many gamers legitimately enjoy the game and they don't have the same mindset as this lady. But the game is in poor taste.

Viperlord, there are a large number of games where one can kill American troops. This is not an unusual situation at all. The ONLY difference is that this one happens to be the ability to do so while being part of a Muslim organization. Is that really worse than doing so while being part of a Nazi organization? I don't really think so.

Your assumptions flow over. I have not said thing 1 about this being a Muslim issue.

I don't care about WWII games. That is not current affairs. Plenty of my ancestors fought in WWII, none of my direct lineage is fighting in the current war. But I have reverence for their sacrifice. I realize that eventually all wars will become games. It doesn't mean that we have to create a game while we're in the middle of war. Still I understand gamers want realism so I at least understand it. But to be able to take the other side and kill representations of American troops that are currently protecting us; that is sick.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Woodruff wrote:
The Bison King wrote:

W/E. I don't care how many of ya'll want to dis the men and women protecting you. It's a coward's ploy. But you're entitled to your opinion. I suggest you seriously consider the gravity of the matter before you make further ignorant comments but do what you want. It won't stop me from honoring the men and women in uniform.
Last edited by ViperOverLord on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:49 pm

There is a difference between not supporting a war and not supporting the troops engaged in the war. You've crossed into "not supporting the troops" territory. The vast majority of people don't appreciate this and the vast vast vast majority of people tend to think your comments are rather disgusting honestly.[/quote]
Only four of the about fifteen people (you, ksslemp, muythaiguy, and VOL) have said they greatly disagree with my opinion. [/quote]

I didn't say, but I do disagree not only with what you said but even more stridently how you said it. I also don't at all think thegreekdog was trying to use his influence as a moderator.[/quote]
I didn't include you in the count because you didn't say anything extremely opinionated before this. I guessed that you were against my opinion seeing as you have been involved in the army. But still calling a vast, vast, vast majority five out of fifteen people doesn't make much sense.[/quote]

I believe he was referring to the Country as a whole, not this forum. In here you are the majority, unfortunately for our national IQ.
Major ksslemp

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:03 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
pmchugh wrote:As horrible as it is to lose a family member in combat, what the f*ck does this have to do with EA's game?

It a friggin game, in COD you can kill american soldiers in GTA you can kill cops etc etc This is the typical thing where someone who has suffered takes it out on the wrong people and no-one can disagree because of said persons suffering. I wont buy the game if it does come out I really don't give a sh*t about it but this is just much ado about nothing.

I have friends and family in the military. Fortunately none of them have been killed. You don't have to have a loved one killed in the military to know that this game is offensive. Yes I realize that many gamers legitimately enjoy the game and they don't have the same mindset as this lady. But the game is in poor taste.

Viperlord, there are a large number of games where one can kill American troops. This is not an unusual situation at all. The ONLY difference is that this one happens to be the ability to do so while being part of a Muslim organization. Is that really worse than doing so while being part of a Nazi organization? I don't really think so.

Your assumptions flow over. I have not said thing 1 about this being a Muslim issue.

I don't care about WWII games. That is not current affairs. Plenty of my ancestors fought in WWII, none of my direct lineage is fighting in the current war. But I have reverence for their sacrifice. I realize that eventually all wars will become games. It doesn't mean that we have to create a game while we're in the middle of war. Still I understand gamers want realism so I at least understand it. But to be able to take the other side and kill representations of American troops that are currently protecting us; that is sick.

DITTO
Major ksslemp

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:06 pm

After checking mviola's profile i see he is young so i'll blame his parents for not raising their son to be more sensitive to the emotions of others. Also too young to have enough knowledge and life experience to have an informed opinion on something as complex as this.

mviola just admit that it was a stupid thing to say and lets move on.
Major ksslemp

Postby The Bison King on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:11 pm

W/E. You're all cowards. You can collude all you want but it won't change the fact that you are dissing the men and women that protect you.

Well you're wrong. You can call me an asshole, a douche-bag, a un-patriotic dick-wad, a communist, a heartless bastard, a fucking moron, retard, gaywad, dipshit, liberal limp-wristed pussy, un-sympathetic monster, or just an all round bad person.

But there is nothing cowardly about standing up for what you believe.

Postby The Bison King on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:14 pm

This actually makes a lot of sense and I agree with you, but there are to different arguments happening here.

No one has to admit dick! Just try and wrap your head around the concept that there are actually two or more ways of thinking about this concept. This isn't Communist Russia, he's entitled to his opinion even if you can't bear it.

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:15 pm

The Bison King wrote:
W/E. You're all cowards. You can collude all you want but it won't change the fact that you are dissing the men and women that protect you.

Well you're wrong. You can call me an asshole, a douche-bag, a un-patriotic dick-wad, a communist, a heartless bastard, a fucking moron, retard, gaywad, dipshit, liberal limp-wristed pussy, un-sympathetic monster, or just an all round bad person.

Unless you stand up in a room full of like-minded people. Nothing brave to that.

Hurumph.
Major ksslemp

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:17 pm

ksslemp wrote:After checking mviola's profile i see he is young so i'll blame his parents for not raising their son to be more sensitive to the emotions of others. Also too young to have enough knowledge and life experience to have an informed opinion on something as complex as this.

I agree that wisdom generally comes with age. But as someone that had very informed opinions at a young age and had a barrage of people try to discount my opinions based on age, I am familiar with the unfairness of doing that to someone else. I rarely if ever make age an issue. Besides that, sometimes young immature people have quite well thought out opinions underneath their layer of immaturity. It is best to leave age out of it in any event. It is always better to argue based on the dictates of your conscious and the scope of your understanding. Age is never going to be a clear indicator of wisdom in any event.

But as long as we are on the subject, I will state it is my general opinion that you do have a lot of young idiots on here that don't know their arse from their head and they try to engage in real political debate. It's mildly amusing at times and generally even more annoying than anything else. But I still won't make age an direct issue out of principle.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:18 pm

The Bison King wrote:

This actually makes a lot of sense and I agree with you, but there are to different arguments happening here.

No one has to admit dick! Just try and wrap your head around the concept that there are actually two or more ways of thinking about this concept. This isn't Communist Russia, he's entitled to his opinion even if you can't bear it.

When you say something stupid, You admit it!!!
At least that's what men do.
Major ksslemp

Postby The Bison King on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:19 pm

ksslemp wrote:
The Bison King wrote:

Unless you stand up in a room full of like-minded people. Nothing brave to that.

Hurumph.

But I didn't did I? You're here aren't you?

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:21 pm

The Bison King wrote:
ksslemp wrote:
The Bison King wrote:

Hurumph.

But I didn't did I. You're here aren't you?

I wasnt talking about you. (mviola) remember
Major ksslemp

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:21 pm

ksslemp wrote:When you say something stupid, You admit it!!!
At least that's what men do.

That's a fair point. I've done it on a few occasions on bumpage. And even two or three people that mostly detest me have been man enough to do it on one or two occasions. I can respect someone that mans up. But not everyone mans up. That's all there is to it.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:22 pm

The Bison King wrote:
ksslemp wrote:
The Bison King wrote:

Hurumph.

[not lecturing]

I think by like-minded people he meant parents whose children weren't killed in Afghanistan or Iraq. Also, do you guys differentiate between soldiers who went to Afghanistan versus soldiers who went to Iraq? Or does it not matter?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:26 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
The Bison King wrote:
ksslemp wrote:
The Bison King wrote:

Hurumph.

[not lecturing]

I think by like-minded people he meant parents whose children weren't killed in Afghanistan or Iraq. Also, do you guys differentiate between soldiers who went to Afghanistan versus soldiers who went to Iraq? Or does it not matter?

No difference, Soldiers go where they're told to go.
Major ksslemp

Postby The Bison King on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:27 pm

You can't because if I not mistaken the soldier has no say in where he is deployed.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,