Conquer Club

Gamers Can "Play" as Taliban

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Gamers Can "Play" as Taliban

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:30 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
pmchugh wrote:As horrible as it is to lose a family member in combat, what the f*ck does this have to do with EA's game?

It a friggin game, in COD you can kill american soldiers in GTA you can kill cops etc etc This is the typical thing where someone who has suffered takes it out on the wrong people and no-one can disagree because of said persons suffering. I wont buy the game if it does come out I really don't give a sh*t about it but this is just much ado about nothing.

I have friends and family in the military. Fortunately none of them have been killed. You don't have to have a loved one killed in the military to know that this game is offensive. Yes I realize that many gamers legitimately enjoy the game and they don't have the same mindset as this lady. But the game is in poor taste.

Viperlord, there are a large number of games where one can kill American troops. This is not an unusual situation at all. The ONLY difference is that this one happens to be the ability to do so while being part of a Muslim organization. Is that really worse than doing so while being part of a Nazi organization? I don't really think so.

Your assumptions flow over. I have not said thing 1 about this being a Muslim issue.

There was no assumption...I stated the difference between the situation as I see it.

ViperOverLord wrote:I don't care about WWII games. That is not current affairs. Plenty of my ancestors fought in WWII, none of my direct lineage is fighting in the current war. But I have reverence for their sacrifice. I realize that eventually all wars will become games. It doesn't mean that we have to create a game while we're in the middle of war. Still I understand gamers want realism so I at least understand it. But to be able to take the other side and kill representations of American troops that are currently protecting us; that is sick.

It's a fucking GAME. Seriously. Just over three years ago, I was active duty military. So I'm a bit close to the situation. I don't find this sick, I don't find it disgusting, I don't find it threatening. I find it...well, stupid because it's a first-person shooter and they all suck by definition. Now, as I stated earlier, I completely understand the mother's perspective and I don't at all blame her for feeling the way she does. I also have no problem with her stating her views...it's a free country. But someone who is NOT personally invested in the emotional feelings are really stretching by finding this idea so repulsive.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:32 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
The Bison King wrote:
There is a difference between not supporting a war and not supporting the troops engaged in the war. You've crossed into "not supporting the troops" territory. The vast majority of people don't appreciate this and the vast vast vast majority of people tend to think your comments are rather disgusting honestly.

I think MViola is pretty damn brave for saying what he said. Not "Cowardly" as VOP put it.

I would agree with this. I did not find it cowardly either. It was several other things (<smile>), but not cowardly.

W/E. I don't care how many of ya'll want to dis the men and women protecting you. It's a coward's ploy.

Fuck you, you sanctimonious ass. I HAVE BEEN THERE. As far as I'm concerned, YOU'RE THE FUCKING COWARD HERE.

ViperOverLord wrote:But you're entitled to your opinion. I suggest you seriously consider the gravity of the matter before you make further ignorant comments but do what you want. It won't stop me from honoring the men and women in uniform.

You're a disgusting piece of shit.
Last edited by Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:32 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
The Bison King wrote:
ksslemp wrote:
The Bison King wrote:
W/E. You're all cowards. You can collude all you want but it won't change the fact that you are dissing the men and women that protect you.

Well you're wrong. You can call me an asshole, a douche-bag, a un-patriotic dick-wad, a communist, a heartless bastard, a fucking moron, retard, gaywad, dipshit, liberal limp-wristed pussy, un-sympathetic monster, or just an all round bad person.

But there is nothing cowardly about standing up for what you believe.

Unless you stand up in a room full of like-minded people. Nothing brave to that.

Hurumph.

But I didn't did I? You're here aren't you?

[not lecturing]

I think by like-minded people he meant parents whose children weren't killed in Afghanistan or Iraq. Also, do you guys differentiate between soldiers who went to Afghanistan versus soldiers who went to Iraq? Or does it not matter?

No, I meant it doesnt take bravery to stand up in a room full of like minded people and state an opinion that most of the room agrees with. I.E. like some actor making an anti-war statement while accepting their academy award.
Major ksslemp

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 pm

ksslemp wrote:
The Bison King wrote:
W/E. You're all cowards. You can collude all you want but it won't change the fact that you are dissing the men and women that protect you.

Well you're wrong. You can call me an asshole, a douche-bag, a un-patriotic dick-wad, a communist, a heartless bastard, a fucking moron, retard, gaywad, dipshit, liberal limp-wristed pussy, un-sympathetic monster, or just an all round bad person.

Unless you stand up in a room full of like-minded people. Nothing brave to that.

So all you fuckers coming down on him are "like-minded" then, you fucking retard?

Postby The Bison King on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:36 pm

No, I meant it doesnt take bravery to stand up in a room full of like minded people and state an opinion that most of the room agrees with. I.E. like some actor making an anti-war statement while accepting their academy award.

If this was a room of like minded people this thread would be over.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Woodruff wrote:
ksslemp wrote:
The Bison King wrote:

So all you fuckers coming down on him are "like-minded" then, you fucking retard?

Is that a question? Convenient how you removed the "Most" from my reply.
Major ksslemp

Postby mviola on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:39 pm

The Bison King wrote:

If this was a room of like minded people this thread would be over.

I would have also not been yelled at. You're going to meet a lot of different people on this site, and not everyone is going to be happy with what you say.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:42 pm

Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
The Bison King wrote:
There is a difference between not supporting a war and not supporting the troops engaged in the war. You've crossed into "not supporting the troops" territory. The vast majority of people don't appreciate this and the vast vast vast majority of people tend to think your comments are rather disgusting honestly.

I think MViola is pretty damn brave for saying what he said. Not "Cowardly" as VOP put it.

I would agree with this. I did not find it cowardly either. It was several other things (<smile>), but not cowardly.

W/E. I don't care how many of ya'll want to dis the men and women protecting you. It's a coward's ploy.

Fuck you, you sanctimonious ass. I HAVE BEEN THERE. As far as I'm concerned, YOU'RE THE FUCKING COWARD HERE.

ViperOverLord wrote:But you're entitled to your opinion. I suggest you seriously consider the gravity of the matter before you make further ignorant comments but do what you want. It won't stop me from honoring the men and women in uniform.

It doesn't matter where you've been. That doesn't justify your contempt for the men and women currently protecting you. I'm not going to respond to the rest of your dross.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:43 pm

ksslemp wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
ksslemp wrote:
The Bison King wrote:

Is that a question?

Does it end with a question mark, retard?

ksslemp wrote:Convenient how you removed the "Most" from my reply.

I didn't remove a god damned thing from your reply. What the f*ck are you even talking about? I quoted you directly.

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:45 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I would agree with this. I did not find it cowardly either. It was several other things (<smile>), but not cowardly.

It doesn't matter where you've been. That doesn't justify your contempt for the men and women currently protecting you. I'm not going to respond to the rest of your dross.

Contempt? WHERE have I shown ANY contempt for the men and women currently protecting me, jackass? Where? Let's be specific. And maybe you won't run from this one like the fucking coward YOU are, as you have in the past. I definitely have contempt for you, though. You disgust me.
Last edited by Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:45 pm

Given the Demographics of the CC forums, I'm going to say something very brave!

Karl Marx was a pussy! and a damned fool to boot!
Major ksslemp

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:47 pm

ksslemp wrote:Given the Demographics of the CC forums, I'm going to say something very brave!

While you're running around being brave, maybe you can find the word "Most"...

Postby mviola on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:48 pm

ksslemp wrote:Given the Demographics of the CC forums, I'm going to say something very brave!

Ok? I don't agree with you but I'm not going to call you out on it. And having everyone be equal economically is a great idea, but it doesn't work in the world.
Major mviola

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:48 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Contempt? WHERE have I shown ANY contempt for the men and women currently protecting me, jackass? Where? Let's be specific. And maybe you won't run from this one like the fucking coward YOU are, as you have in the past. I definitely have contempt for you, though. You disgust me.

That's pretty simple. You agreed with MV's comments that an American soldier deserved to die for merely being in Afghanistan. Not only that you have been quite contemptuous against the people supporting the troops if you want to circle the landing pad that way.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:50 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

That's pretty simple. You agreed with MV's comments that an American soldier deserved to die for merely being in Afghanistan.

QUOTE ME, MOTHERFUCKER. WHERE DID I SAY THAT? AS I ASKED...BE FUCKING SPECIFIC, COWARD. In fact, I have absolutely disagreed with most of mviola's statements...not that I think you can actually read.

ViperOverLord wrote:Not only that you have been quite contemptuous against the people supporting the troops if you want to circle the landing pad that way.

No, I've been quite contemptuous of sanctimonious assholes who believe in waving the flag and talking out of their asses.
Last edited by Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:50 pm

ksslemp wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
ksslemp wrote:
The Bison King wrote:

Is that a question?

Does it end with a question mark, retard?

The question is incoherent! "you fucking retard?"
MAN UP!!!!
Major ksslemp

Postby The Bison King on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:51 pm

You agreed with MV's comments that an American soldier deserved to die for merely being in Afghanistan.

uhh..... No one said that dude. Please site source.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Postby mviola on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

That's pretty simple. You agreed with MV's comments that an American soldier deserved to die for merely being in Afghanistan.

QUOTE ME, MOTHERFUCKER. WHERE DID I SAY THAT? AS I ASKED...BE FUCKING SPECIFIC, COWARD.

ViperOverLord wrote:Not only that you have been quite contemptuous against the people supporting the troops if you want to circle the landing pad that way.

No, I've been quite contemptuous of sanctimonious assholes who believe in waving the flag and talking out of their asses.

Woodruff came out and said that he didn't like what I said. In a non-inflammatory manner too, I might add.
Major mviola

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

QUOTE ME, MOTHERFUCKER. WHERE DID I SAY THAT? AS I ASKED...BE FUCKING SPECIFIC, COWARD. In fact, I have absolutely disagreed with most of mviola's statements...not that I think you can actually read.

Guess you signed up for the free education!
Major ksslemp

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:53 pm

mviola wrote:Woodruff came out and said that he didn't like what I said. In a non-inflammatory manner too, I might add.

Because, as we can all clearly see, I am a very calm and non-inflammatory personality...<ahem>

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:53 pm

Uh. Yeah. Mods...I suggest ye lock this before someone brings a gun into here.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:54 pm

Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

No. I'm done talking to you. You are clearly unhinged and not being respectful.
Captain ViperOverLord

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:54 pm

ksslemp wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Guess you signed up for the free education!

What the hell does that even mean? If you're referring to my military service of 23 years with an honorable discharge and seven medals awarded to include two Meritorious Service Medals, I would suggest that you're a coward for insinuating such a thing. You disgust me.

Postby ksslemp on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:55 pm

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER! HaHaHa
Major ksslemp

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:55 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

No. I'm done talking to you. You are clearly unhinged and not being respectful.

And so the classic methodology has come full circle. ViperOverLord throws bullshit into the thread, gets called on it, realizes he fucked up, and disappears. Like the fucking coward that he is.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,