Conquer Club

CYOT: Damsel in Distress [Wnr: laughingcavalier]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Create Your Own Tournament: Damsel in Distress [6/24]

Postby DBandit70 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:02 am

Struck with instant fear and caught off-guard, the Knight and Ranger fled on foot, racing through the thick forested area. The adrenaline carrying them along as deer, they made their way toward the morning sun in the east. Panting heavily the knight looks back, ā€œHold on, hold on, we are alone,ā€ and both men fell to the floor of the forested kingdom they had ridden through not even twelve hours earlier. ā€œThat Troll, I have seen that troll before, but can not place him,ā€ the Ranger whispers. The Knight looked over, ā€œWhat the hell do you mean you have seen him before? Hell I do not even know what a troll is.ā€

The men re-gathered their composure and set off down the path, each man in deep thought as only footsteps and the occasional murmur from the Ranger broke the silence. It was not long before they exited the forest unto an open meadow filled with the morning dew on open fields of green as the sunlight fell upon their faces. Thankful to be out, each smiled at each other but the relief was for but for a moment as sudden fear came upon the Rangerā€™s face. ā€œWhat is it?ā€ the Knight urgently inquires. ā€œThat was no troll we saw,ā€ replied Ranger. Growing ever more nervous, ā€œThan what or who was it Ranger? ā€œThat was the Prince of Midian who sought for years permission to court the Princess and yet was always denied by the King who had better taste. And Anna, you saw the clothing she was arrayed in, we both were taken back, but did you notice the cross weave loops at the fringes of her garments? Yes Sir Knight they point directly to the customs of the Midian peoples.ā€ The Knight torn between common sense and his lust for this beautiful vessel called Anna urges Ranger to speak on. ā€œThe acorn, the seven drops of water from the pool Lindax, the dragon scale, do you not see the symbolism each of these requests bear? The Knight intensely listened on as the Ranger calculated in his mind the meaning of these things. ā€œThe acorn is the prince of Midian, who seeks to grow into an oak, who is the King over us. The seven drops communicate that in seven years will he turn the kingdom over and the dragon scale represents the ones to whom the kingdom will be transferred to.ā€ ā€œWell who would that be?ā€ eagerly questioned the Knight.

Rangerā€™s voice fading away, ā€œI am not sure.ā€ ā€œBut I get the feeling when the prince of Midian was denied entry into the kingdom through marriage that his plan was unintentionally thwarted and that now they have sought a second course of action in taking the Princess away to use her to accomplish their goals.ā€

The Knight stands up before the Ranger, ā€œWhat course of action do we take from here?ā€
Lieutenant DBandit70

Postby DBandit70 on Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:13 am

USA 6 player escalating sunny chained

sorry for no picture with chapter 5, I have no idea how to add a picture nor do I have any to even send if I did. Feel free to add one if needed at the size you requested.

Thanks
DB
Lieutenant DBandit70

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:17 am

chapter 7 is mine .
story and settings will follow
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Lindax on Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:47 am

DBandit70 wrote:USA 6 player escalating sunny chained

sorry for no picture with chapter 5, I have no idea how to add a picture nor do I have any to even send if I did. Feel free to add one if needed at the size you requested.

Thanks
DB

Thanks! I'll put in an image for ya.

SirSebstar wrote:chapter 7 is mine .
story and settings will follow

Ok, you're in. Awaiting your entry. Why Chapter 7 and not 6?

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Create Your Own Tournament: Damsel in Distress [7/24]

Postby ralphcptc on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Great idea! I would like to join.

world 2.1
6 players
standard
auto
chained
nuclear
sunny

I will submit a chapter tomorrow afternoon. Going to work in a few minutes. So if I need to be placed in a later chapter feel free. I am flexible.
Former Praetor of The Legion. Past Centurion.
High pts 2241
Cadet ralphcptc

Re: Create Your Own Tournament: Damsel in Distress [7/24]

Postby Lindax on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:54 pm

ralphcptc wrote:Great idea! I would like to join.

world 2.1
6 players
standard
auto
chained
nuclear
sunny

I will submit a chapter tomorrow afternoon. Going to work in a few minutes. So if I need to be placed in a later chapter feel free. I am flexible.

Thanks buddy! I'll assign you Chapter 6.

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Create Your Own Tournament: Damsel in Distress [8/24]

Postby anonadick on Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:46 pm

I love it - great idea Lindax. Please count me in.

1v1
Italy
No Spoils
Chained
Foggy

I look forward to penning my missive contribution!
Captain anonadick

Postby bkwill on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:45 pm

I'm in. I need some time. :)

6 player
San Francisco
escalating
sunny
chained.

I'll write my chapter once the chapters before me are written.
Last edited by bkwill on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant bkwill

Postby Lindax on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:17 pm

anonadick wrote:I love it - great idea Lindax. Please count me in.

1v1
Italy
No Spoils
Chained
Foggy

I look forward to penning my missive contribution!

I'll be looking forward to it too!

Chapter 8 is yours....

Thanks,

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:19 pm

bkwill wrote:I'm in. I need some time. :)

Thanks mate! Awaiting your story and your map & settings.... :P

Yours is Chapter 9 by the way.

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Create Your Own Tournament: Damsel in Distress [10/24]

Postby TheSaxlad on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:49 am

I'm In

8 player Doodle Earth, Assassin, Automatic, Adjacent, Nuclear, Sunny

Chapter will come after the others have written theirs so I can carry the story on but have a few ideas already.

My Part (Pictures come later)

As the Knight trudged along the dusty path away from the portal, which quite suddenly disappeared, he looked towards the moon. ā€œOh Crapā€ he thought to himself, not a knightly thought but one needed, for his time away in the vortex had warped the fabric of time. Whereas when he had been tossed into the swirling whirlpool they had had a couple of months, now the moon was nearing itā€™s full. The knight only had a few days to complete the quest and find the ingredients. He resolved to do as best he could, the only thought keeping him from total disillusionment the Princess. As he trudged into the nearest town, he had become aware that something was following him, good or bad he had no idea.

In one motion he unsheathed his sword, and swirled it around his head, before almost bringing it down on the eldest man he had seen. The shrunken man looked quizzically at the sword, which grew hot in the knightā€™s hand. Too hot to bear as it tumbled from his grasp. At once the knight knew he was in the clutches of a powerful force. Good or bad he had no idea.

ā€œSitā€ commanded the force, and the Knight felt himself sagging to his knees. ā€œNow listenā€ commanded the force, ā€œI am the spirit of Midgardā€.
ā€œOh pleaseā€ thought the knight, ā€œand Iā€™m King Arthur.ā€
ā€œNo seriously, I am the spirit of Midgard. Also known as the mighty Steelhorse, The Courageous cloet, but my friends kill me the 812th Sam. Anyway I am here to help youā€ and with these words another portal opened directly in front of the Knight. ā€œOh please not another bloody portalā€ moaned the Knight.
ā€œFine then, you can walk the oak of Midgardā€ chuckled the spirit and closed the portal.
ā€œNONONONONOā€ shouted the Knight, ā€œBring that backā€
ā€œLolā€ said the spirit before the portal opened once more. ā€œNow listen once more, mere mortalā€ commanded the spirit, ā€œthrough this portal is a parody of our life, our world. And it is much smaller, what may be traversed in years over this land takes hours in this land, we call itā€ and here he whispered ā€œDoodlonius.ā€
ā€œNot Doodloniusā€ whispered the Knight.
ā€œDoodloniusā€ whispered the spirit, and with that pushed him though the portal.

On the other side the Knight was bombarded by the colours and sounds and smells of Doodlonius, it was all new, all a bit much for the senses and the knight fell down and slept. When he woke up he new something was wrong, he proceeded carefully but as he feared they got to him before he found the portal out. There were 7 Assdoodles, assassins of the doodle realm, sent by the Dark Prince of Midian, out to assassinate the Knight for good. As they converged on him, the Knight had only limited thoughts. To fight for what was right, to avenge his dead friends, and most of all, to save the Princess, the one thing he had left.
Last edited by TheSaxlad on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:58 am, edited 5 times in total.
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby benga on Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:39 am

put me under chapter 10 (or any next free)
I will submit my map and settings
depending on how the story evolves
Sergeant benga

Postby Lindax on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:08 pm

TheSaxlad wrote:I'm In

8 player Doodle Earth, Assassin, Automatic, Adjacent, Flat Rate, Foggy

Chapter will come after the others have written theirs so I can carry the story on but have a few ideas already.

In, thanks! You're Chapter 10.

benga wrote:put me under chapter 10 (or any next free)
I will submit my map and settings
depending on how the story evolves

Chapter 11 is reserved for you, thanks!

We're halfway there guys, we need 12 more. Feel free to ask your friends to join. ;)

Lx

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Create Your Own Tournament: Damsel in Distress [12/24]

Postby laughingcavalier on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:03 pm

Nice idea!
Put me down for a later chapter please -18 or higher.
Iberia dubs ns chained sunny auto seq.
Major laughingcavalier

Re: Create Your Own Tournament: Damsel in Distress [12/24]

Postby Lindax on Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:30 pm

laughingcavalier wrote:Nice idea!
Put me down for a later chapter please -18 or higher.
Iberia dubs ns chained sunny auto seq.

Ok, you're in for Chapter 19, thanks!

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Create Your Own Tournament: Damsel in Distress [13/24]

Postby Super Nova on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:13 pm

I'll join! I already sent you a pm about my picture problem, but count me in.
Cadet Super Nova

Postby colton24 on Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:21 pm

In. I'll take one of the later chapters so I can get an idea as the chapters come out.

Malta
Standard
Chained
No Spoils
FoW
Auto
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Postby Commander9 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:27 am

This looks great, so I'm definitely in.

Iberia, FoW, no spoils, chained, 3 players, seq. The 8 winners will the battle it out 1v1.

I'd love to get chapters from 20 to 22.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby ralphcptc on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:59 am

Chapter 6:

"Well, we must begin," replied the Ranger. "This could be a trick by the Dark Prince of Midian, but what choice do we have at this point? If he can take the form of any dark or evil creatures then we must be cautious. The borders of Midian are well guarded and we will need to find safe passage to get to the Oak of Midian."

The Knight ponders a moment. "The village of Bree lies near the border, it is a stop along the trade routes. We must seek a way into Midian from there."

Our stalwart adventurers approached the village that very night after traveling many long hours. After stabling their horses they approached the tavern with their hoods up to help conceal their identities.

The Knight whispered, "the Prince will surely have spies here looking for us."

Upon entering the tavern the pair quickly found a small secluded table in the back of the tavern to plan their border crossing.

"M'lords, can I get you something?" asked the young barmaid that had just arrived at their table. "Two pints of ale, a loaf of bread, cheese, and a quiet room to talk." The barmaid led them to a room off to the side of the main room in the tavern. She then indicated that she would return with their provisions as the Knight presented some gold coins as payment.

As our adventurers made their way to a the small room, two men at the bar exchanged looks and nods and got up from their seats and disappeared out the door of the tavern.

The maid returned quickly with the food the pair began discussing their plans. Just then the door to the room opened and a thin, short man entered the room.

"I beg your pardons Sirs," began the small man in a slightly high pitched voice. "I am Bolo, a procurer of various goods and services," he stated proudly, "I believe I can be of assistance."

The Knight and Ranger exchange looks. "What makes you think we are in need of assistance?" asked the Knight.

"You are newcomers to the village and therefore will need a guide, you arrived quietly and hooded at night so you wish to stay hidden, and you are seeking a place of solitude to discuss away from prying ears." Bolo declared with the arrogant air of someone who can deduce much from minor clues.

Our adventurers exchanged looks and the Ranger nodded. "We seek a way into Midian to find our way to the Oak of Midian," stated the Knight.

"You are in luck, I know a way, but I have to go with you. That is the deal take it or leave it"
He stated as he balanced a dagger on its point on his index finger.

"We are in a hurry. How must we proceed?" asked the Ranger.

"We leave now, hurry!", declared Bolo.

The group got up from the table and made their way out of the tavern. Once in the street several men stepped from the shadows on all sides of them. "We are here to collect your village entry tax", shouted the largest of the men with an evil grin on his face.

Bolo crouched, "this will of course increase my fee." And he lept into the air toward the largest man and brought him down with the dagger shoved to the hilt near his collar bone and piercing his heart. The trio made quick work the others.

"Well to Midian!" stated Bolo, as he wiped the blood from his dagger.
Former Praetor of The Legion. Past Centurion.
High pts 2241
Cadet ralphcptc

Postby Lindax on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:52 pm

Super Nova wrote:I'll join! I already sent you a pm about my picture problem, but count me in.

Ok, you're in, thanks. Chapter 11 is yours.

colton24 wrote:In. I'll take one of the later chapters so I can get an idea as the chapters come out.

Malta
Standard
Chained
No Spoils
FoW
Auto

Thanks. I reserved Chapter 12 for you. How many players per game?

Commander9 wrote:This looks great, so I'm definitely in.

Iberia, FoW, no spoils, chained, 3 players, seq. The 8 winners will the battle it out 1v1.

I'd love to get chapters from 20 to 22.

Ok, thanks. Chapter 20 is reserved for you. There is only 1 game per round, so with your settings the 8 winners would get 1 shield each (or if you win your game you get 2 shields)

Keep those Chapters coming guys!

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby colton24 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:54 pm

colton24 wrote:In. I'll take one of the later chapters so I can get an idea as the chapters come out.

2 players
Malta
Standard
Chained
No Spoils
FoW
Auto
Highest Rank: Lieutenant | Highest Score: 1641
Mr. Squirrel wrote:
pmchugh wrote:BUMP- one more fool needed :mrgreen:

One fool reporting for duty!

Been around for too long...said things that shouldn't have been said...but all that has changed
Corporal 1st Class colton24

Re: Create Your Own Tournament: Damsel in Distress [16/24]

Postby Lindax on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks.

We're now waiting for SirSebstar and Chapter 7.... :D

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Super Nova on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:13 pm

I'm already in the tournament, but here's my game:

Nordic Countries, standard, 8 players, automatic, flat rate, chained, fog of war.
Cadet Super Nova

Postby Lindax on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:18 pm

Lindax wrote:Thanks.

We're now waiting for SirSebstar and Chapter 7.... :D

Lx

Still waiting.... :?

Lx
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:57 am

The Dark Prince of Midian has formed an alliance with the Wicked Witch of the East. Together they plan to destroy the armies of Good with magic unknown to this plane of existence. Or maybe it was a 1 in a million chance of an incantation thought up by a drowsy and bored magic scholar. Either way your party was caught in a temporal vortex and transported to what seems to be a a world in the shape of a disk on top of a giant turtle floating in Space. True to its treacherous nature, the Dark Prince of Midian is already turning to betray his own alliance and tries to get home with his new knowledge. His treachery rivalled only by the willingness of those he met, to follow him. Each of you have landed on a different location, a strange cloud covering the earth . Can you rally enough support to get back home? Beware though; The magics to summon the portal back have disrupted normal life. Vortexes are running across the land like tornadoes of destruction. The people caught in it are never seen again.

Try to stay ahead of the destruction and clear out a path for you will need to get back in order to continue with your quest. Treachery is rife and it may be you are just not up to it to survive.

6 Player terminator - Discworld - Auto - Nuclear - Chained - Fog

picture
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2012