Conquer Club

New "Intensity Cubes"

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: New "Intensity Cubes"

Postby AAFitz on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:33 pm

natty_dread wrote:Like I said, all that I've noticed is that the dice are less predictable & less streaky. If you perceive that you're having bad dice, then you must have been relying on the streakiness of the dice earlier.

Not true. What I noticed before was that 1s did not kill 5s and 6s and just now a 7 on a regular basis, and now it happens all the time. This is not in my head. It really didnt happen very often, relatively speaking, but now it happens far past what it did before. And I didnt rely on any streakyness. I auto-attacked everything at will as I do now, on the presumption that they were random and it was irrelevant. Only now do I question that, and it was before I even read the announcement, that I noticed something changed.

I was able to use the actual odds when attacking ones before especially with bigger stacks and now, I expect to lose on a regular basis, which is quite a bit off from the 95-99% that Id expect to win them.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby MNDuke on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
MNDuke wrote:Talking points, talking points, talking points. That's all YOU defenders of the dice seem to be able to do and come up with. You quote the same talking points/stats over and over but never actually address anyone's concerns with any practicality. For once, ignore your talking points and statistics. I have not heard one word of sincerity or open mindedness, "that hey, there could be something very very wrong here." Is it so hard to let go of your stubborness and actually consider what people are saying.

I sincerely hope you do not feel this way about what I have been saying. If you look earlier in the thread, I (as well as others) have pointed out that we'll believe that there's a problem if you show us the evidence. Use the Dice Streaks analyzer on your games and actually demonstrate that there's some sort of bias in the dice. If you do that, we're not going to ignore the evidence - but what we will ignore is anecdotal evidence that is incomplete. In fact, I'm even doing some of your work for you - I submitted an eTicket asking lack to reveal some of the old dice lists. If he does that, I plan on writing a script to analyze the numbers (carl said he'd do this as well) and actually find out whether there's some sort of bias.

I can't speak for others, but I'm willing to listen to the argument if you provide the relevant evidence. Use the analyzer and have it keep track of a large number of your rolls (at the very least, 1000), and then show us the results. The reason I'm placing the burden on you, by the way, is that it is widely known that the random.org numbers are quite fair.

I sincerely do feel this way. I have had nothing but shit dice for the last 5 weeks or roughly since the new system was put into place. I'm tired of everyone to tell me to quit whining and crying. That is bullshit. You can go f*ck yourself if that is your stance. I am not trying to whine or cry. I am just fucking fed up with this new system. I've never seen such bad dice. Review my games if you think I'm full of shit. Ask my teammates. They will be happy to confirm or deny what I am experiencing. It is a far cry from fair to be constantly losing the majority of rolls. Losing 2/3 to kill 1 on average is ridiculous. This isn't just one or two games. This a span of all games in the past 5 weeks. I have no idea how you would like me to analyze my dice or present such information. The dice streaks addon keeps crashing my browser and its a pain in the ass. I would be happy to give you my pw information so you can log in and analyze it for yourself.

Call me a complainer is counter productive and no less an ad-hom and than anything I have said about you natty. It shows that you are not serious about listening and actually evaluating but only here to stick to your guns. Had you kept an open mind and been able to listen to what people are saying instead of casting them off and saying nothing is wrong I think you would have found a much different and more tolerant reaction from me at the very least. But to say that I am wrong, and the stats say otherwise is quite obtuse. You do recall the man playing the violin emoticon, correct? How is that not taunting and a personal attack? You have dealt with this issue poorly and if I had pull or say, I would strip you of your mod status or send you to some fucking customer service courses.
Sergeant MNDuke

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:11 pm

MNDuke wrote:I sincerely do feel this way. I have had nothing but shit dice for the last 5 weeks or roughly since the new system was put into place. I'm tired of everyone to tell me to quit whining and crying. That is bullshit. You can go f*ck yourself if that is your stance. I am not trying to whine or cry. I am just fucking fed up with this new system. I've never seen such bad dice. Review my games if you think I'm full of shit. Ask my teammates. They will be happy to confirm or deny what I am experiencing. It is a far cry from fair to be constantly losing the majority of rolls. Losing 2/3 to kill 1 on average is ridiculous. This isn't just one or two games. This a span of all games in the past 5 weeks. I have no idea how you would like me to analyze my dice or present such information. The dice streaks addon keeps crashing my browser and its a pain in the ass. I would be happy to give you my pw information so you can log in and analyze it for yourself.

You'll notice I did not call you a whiner in my post. All I'm asking is that you actually show us the numbers. Count up your rolls and prove that you're losing the majority of rolls. If you can't use the Dice Streaks add-on, then count them up manually. You need to do that because the burden of proof is on you. Most of us don't think the dice are unfair - if we did, there'd be a lot more complains about the dice than there currently are. For example, I haven't seen any unusual streakiness or bias in my rolls, as of late. Therefore, given that I trust the randomness of the numbers coming from random.org (as do most people who have any intimacy with how RNGs work), I will need the actual numbers in order to be convinced.

I would actually be willing to log in to your account and analyze the dice myself, provided that you would accept whatever results the analysis gave, but the script needs to actually see the rolls as they happen, unfortunately. The only way I could see the dice you're getting is to play your games for you ;P
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Dako on Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:50 am

f*ck this, next time the site will have a change in a tech aspect that is aimed to improve your gaming experience - no one will announce it and no one will know about but admins. No bitching, no complaints.

This is so wrong, your attitude and declaration that someone is trying to create a whole system just that you lose more often and not against the machines, but against the real person that use the same system that should cheat on them too against other other real persons ...

It is better people don't know the some aspects about CC mechanics because they can't interpret it correctly. Better to say "we speeded up cc dice system", "we altered dice system to work better". And everyone will live happily.

Really, this thread was only a cause to start another dice conversation for people.
Colonel Dako

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives