Conquer Club

TOP 500 Doubles League [WINNER: ARTUR1 & SNUSLEPPA]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Postby AndrewB on Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:02 pm

In your first post you don't describe what will happen in the case of the 3 groups (that is what we have). What the next round will be? Top 2 from each of the existing 3 groups to form one final group. Or is it going to be top 4 from each of the existing 3 groups to form 2 final groups?
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:27 pm

AndrewB wrote:In your first post you don't describe what will happen in the case of the 3 groups (that is what we have). What the next round will be? Top 2 from each of the existing 3 groups to form one final group. Or is it going to be top 4 from each of the existing 3 groups to form 2 final groups?

[-X We have four groups, A,B,C and D, not three.

After 10 matches (weeks) the first three of each group goes to the second round. That makes 12 player who will form 2 groups of 6 in the second round. After 10 matches, again the first three of those two groups will go to the final round. That makes 6 players who will form the final group. They will play another 10 matches and the leader will be winner of the League.

I hope that it is clearer now. :)
Brigadier Selin

teammate

Postby dragon dor on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:19 pm

my partenair is patnprivate we are french team :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class dragon dor

Postby Shacekenhall on Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:14 pm

Hi,

Good luck to everyone

SCHK
AB ALIO EXPECTES ALTERI QUOD FECERIS
Major Shacekenhall

Postby dcowboys055 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:15 pm

Selin wrote:dcowboys055 (1596) & Invincible

thats bullshit, i was above 500 at signup, and im 300 somethingth now(1724)
Captain dcowboys055

Postby Selin on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:34 pm

dcowboys055 wrote:
Selin wrote:dcowboys055 (1596) & Invincible

thats bullshit, i was above 500 at signup, and im 300 somethingth now(1724)

the first part of your sentence is wrong
the second part of your sentence is wrong
the third part of your sentence is correct

no more comments 8)
Brigadier Selin

Postby dcowboys055 on Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:48 pm

bullllshiittttt
Captain dcowboys055

Postby Selin on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:15 pm

All Groups,

Week 2 matches are ready to enter.
Brigadier Selin

Postby AndrewB on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:30 pm

game 278060 (Week 2 Group C Match 1), waiting for third team.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby AndrewB on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:34 pm

Selin wrote:
AndrewB wrote:In your first post you don't describe what will happen in the case of the 3 groups (that is what we have). What the next round will be? Top 2 from each of the existing 3 groups to form one final group. Or is it going to be top 4 from each of the existing 3 groups to form 2 final groups?

[-X We have four groups, A,B,C and D, not three.

After 10 matches (weeks) the first three of each group goes to the second round. That makes 12 player who will form 2 groups of 6 in the second round. After 10 matches, again the first three of those two groups will go to the final round. That makes 6 players who will form the final group. They will play another 10 matches and the leader will be winner of the League.

I hope that it is clearer now. :)

Thanks for the explanation, Selin.

Are results from qualifying rounds transfered (or partially transfered) into the next round? In some form of handicap? Otherwise u should not be concerned with winning as such in every game, just to get into top 3 team in a group...
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:15 am

AndrewB wrote:Are results from qualifying rounds transfered (or partially transfered) into the next round? In some form of handicap? Otherwise u should not be concerned with winning as such in every game, just to get into top 3 team in a group...

Points are not transferred into second round. However you should be concerned to win your matches not to be in a very powerful group in the second round.
In the second round each group will consist of 2 first place, 2 second place and 2 third place teams of the first round. First place teams will be ranked 1,2,3,4 according to the sum of points gained in the first round (not scoreboard points!!). Same also for and second (5,6,7,8 ) and third (9,10,11,12) teams. Then Round 2 groups will be defined. Group A consists of teams 1,4,5,8,9,12. Group B consists of teams 2,3,6,7,10,11.
Brigadier Selin

Postby AndrewB on Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:29 pm

Selin wrote:
AndrewB wrote:Are results from qualifying rounds transfered (or partially transfered) into the next round? In some form of handicap? Otherwise u should not be concerned with winning as such in every game, just to get into top 3 team in a group...

Points are not transferred into second round. However you should be concerned to win your matches not to be in a very powerful group in the second round.
In the second round each group will consist of 2 first place, 2 second place and 2 third place teams of the first round. First place teams will be ranked 1,2,3,4 according to the sum of points gained in the first round (not scoreboard points!!). Same also for and second (5,6,7,8 ) and third (9,10,11,12) teams. Then Round 2 groups will be defined. Group A consists of teams 1,4,5,8,9,12. Group B consists of teams 2,3,6,7,10,11.

Gotcha, thx for the info.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby Selin on Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:57 pm

Mike Dahorty sent me a pm stating that he don't want to play rest of the League, because he didn't know that the League was 6 player Doubles.

He wrote:
"really sorry about the mix up,but, 6 player sucks
one team makes a choice and ruins a game, not my kind of game"

Although his reasoning was not understandable to me (because the structure of the League was explained in my first post on the forum), without further comment I will replace Mike Dahorty & vic with our first substitute team, reverend_kyle & adran. A pm will be sent them to enter match 2. They will take over the points of Mike Dahorty & vic from the first match.

One last word about the League:
During the next matches, every team may face favorable or unfavorable decisions of other teams, sometimes also consciously to prevent you taking further League points. It's a LEAGUE, not a private doubles match for easy scoreboard points. Only the best will survive :!:
Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:46 am

I did the changes on the respective tables (first page) due to the replacement. :D
Brigadier Selin

hmmm

Postby Stormur on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:16 pm

am i and my team mate still able to join Stormur
Sergeant 1st Class Stormur

Re: hmmm

Postby Selin on Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:44 pm

Stormur wrote:am i and my team mate still able to join Stormur

Sorry, but the League is full.

However, if your partner is also eligible, I can add you both as substitute team. You are eligible with your 1870 points in 50 games. :)
Brigadier Selin

Postby Selin on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:49 am

reverend_kyle & adran entered Group A Match 2.

Week 3 matches are ready to enter.
Brigadier Selin

Conquerer King (CK)

Postby roadwarrior on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:08 pm

I agreed to team up with CK because he had the ratings before the tournament started. Now his ratings are far below the requirement and he clearly should not continue in a tournament of this high quality.

I have asked him to bow out and since this is short notice, I am willing to produce an alternate that can play at this high level. At the same time, CK has begun to miss his turns in our existing games.

I will not enter into future games with CK in this tournament.

Thanks,
Roadwarrior
Brigadier roadwarrior

Re: Conquerer King (CK)

Postby Selin on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:06 pm

roadwarrior wrote:I agreed to team up with CK because he had the ratings before the tournament started. Now his ratings are far below the requirement and he clearly should not continue in a tournament of this high quality.

I have asked him to bow out and since this is short notice, I am willing to produce an alternate that can play at this high level. At the same time, CK has begun to miss his turns in our existing games.

I will not enter into future games with CK in this tournament.

Thanks,
Roadwarrior

a) if CK agrees, you can find an eligible partner, either from the substitutes list or a new one, and continue the League.
b) if you agree, CK can find an eligible partner, either from the substitutes list or a new one, and continue the League.
c) if you and CK agree on continuing to play together, both of you can continue the League.
d) if you and CK can't agree on a) b) or c), I have to replace both of you with a substitute team.
Brigadier Selin

Postby ConquererKing on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:17 pm

Even though I'm fairly certain I can get back to the top 500, I'm not sure how long it will take, so I will resign from the tournament and let roadwarrior pick from the substitutes.

I'll finish the game I'm still in though to keep the game moving.
Best Score: 2889, Colonel, 97th place, 29% wins
Captain ConquererKing

Postby Selin on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:41 pm

ConquererKing wrote:Even though I'm fairly certain I can get back to the top 500, I'm not sure how long it will take, so I will resign from the tournament and let roadwarrior pick from the substitutes.

I'll finish the game I'm still in though to keep the game moving.

ok

roadwarrior,
Please find a new partner & post it here. After my approval you can enter Match 3.
If you can't find someone in 3 days from now on, you will be replaced by a substitute team.
Brigadier Selin

Invincible replaces Conquerer King

Postby roadwarrior on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:53 pm

Hi Selin,

Conquerer King has graciously consented for me to find a replacement and Invincible has agreed to be my team mate.

Please make the neccesary changes.

Thanks, Roadwarrior
Brigadier roadwarrior

Re: Invincible replaces Conquerer King

Postby Selin on Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:54 am

roadwarrior wrote:Hi Selin,

Conquerer King has graciously consented for me to find a replacement and Invincible has agreed to be my team mate.

Please make the neccesary changes.

Thanks, Roadwarrior

I did necessary changes in the tables on the first page and sent a pm to Invincible.

Invincible, welcome to the League :)
Brigadier Selin

Postby AngryAnderson on Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:55 pm

I believe Matt2006 and I should join game 292659 for week 3, however I can't find it, so it looks as if someone has joined it in error.

Can you let us know:
a. If I have got it wrong?
b. The game we should join instead?

EDIT: c. Have I drunk too much beer on Saturday night and become rather confused!

:roll:
Last edited by AngryAnderson on Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
You want to make alliances? Play doubles/triples games and stay out of my single player games lame brain!
Corporal 1st Class AngryAnderson

Postby Selin on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:18 pm

AngryAnderson wrote:I believe Matt2006 and I should join game 292659 for week 3, however I can't find it, so it looks as if someone has joined it in error.

Can you let us know:
a. If I have got it wrong?
b. The game we should join instead?

Thanks

a) you are right
b) you shouldn't join another game instead of 292659

If you look in your "my games" list, you will see that you have already entered that game as the first team and that you are waiting for the third team. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brigadier Selin

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2007