Conquer Club

THIS JUST IN!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Annual Risk Classic -- Want to Represent Conquer Club?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Now this time and this time only, CC has a deal that you can't refuse!

If you're willing to pay for the transportation costs and the $55 sign-in fee for this year's Annual Risk Classic, then ConquerClub will not pay for any of those expenses, but HEY we'll give you a three month premium! That's right! A sweet $5 value! And wait, there's MORE! You also get to pick an official, genuine, deluxe, custom-made, one size fits all ConquerClub T-Shirt! That's a total misleading value of $23! $5 for the three month premium, and a whopping $18 value for a T-Shirt that no one really wants to drop $18 for! And if you're on the verge of cumming your pants, then you'll orgasm at the guarantee of receiving one "General Contribution Medal!" (exclamation point not included). Yes, a mere <4KB computer-generated image with a total value of ALMOST ZERO!

Can you say AWESOME? I CAN! But wait! That's not all! If you place in the tournament, YOU GET ANOTHER THREE MONTH PREMIUM!! And another 4 kilobyte award with a different title: "General Achievement Medal."
That's a 5 dollar, half a cent value!
-----> OH HO HO!! ***B-B-B-B-BONUS DEAL!!!** <------------

Now that's a steal! (hey hey! I rhymed! *cool guy pose, *thumbs up!)

HOWEVER, you must agree to the following:

1) Trust Andy and Lackattack with your mailing address and name.
2) Allow the CC Community to know exactly who you are (your personal information will be submitted to the masses by our discretion and that information is only limited by the vague phrase of "who you are.")
3) You'll have to tote around a Conquer Club banner the entire time you're there, and be prepared to face constant jokes like "Haha! DORK!" or "Who suckered you into that deal?"
4) You'll have to send constant journal entries throughout the event. If it's not acceptable, we'll just ask you to rewrite another one. You're only looking at like 10, 30, or maybe 60 minutes of work!
5) Don't forget to give us pictures--preferably embarrassing ones!
6) You'll need to spend time with our interviewers, who ask you a barrage of dull questions with the ultimate goal of putting you to sleep! (hey, that's another 10, 30, or 60 minutes of work!)
7) And last but not least, we strongly urge you to represent our business by spreading the word and recruiting others to join. Sorry, no commission, no pay, and nothing tax-deductible, but there's the vague possibility of making another CC friend! HEY HEY!! WHOA!!

Now remember! We offer the artificial value of up to $28.01 as long as you take the risks and do the work involved! Sure, it's not fair, but we'll heavily rely on your love for ConquerClub. Why even consider the real losses of this deal when you can replace it with mindless, chest-thumping "patriotism" towards ConquerClub?!

Don't ask questions! Don't think! Take our deal NOW!

It's 100% guaranteed!

Side-effects may include:

Loss of sleep over the embarrassment of wearing one of those CC T-shirts in public, possible theft identity (unlikely from Lack or Andy, and don't go asking us, sir), stomach ulcers, heartaches, chest pains, and possible anal bleeding, Photoshopped pictures, the butt of many jokes, the source of many laughs on /b/, constant ridicule, bad dreams, nightmares, night terrors, decrease in personal attraction, decrease in chances of successfully socializing with members of the opposite sex without being embarrassed by our conditions, decrease in appetite, and a possible increase in self-mutilation and/or masturbation--simultaneously.

Brought to you by B(ig)B(ull)S(hitting) Advertising Company.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

THIS JUST IN!

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:46 pm

***INCOMING TRANSMISSION***

BigBallinStalin here! I have received wind of a fart that's been strewn upon our lands. My fellow ConquerClubbers, do not be afraid, for I am with you!

Roll the spiel, Jonny!

I may be slow on the uptake of our fabulous, once in a lifetime, unforgettable offer in the Announcements! section ([url]
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=126845&p=2780722#p2780156)[/url], but I don't want the same to happen to you!

Now this time and this time only, CC has a deal that you can't refuse!

If you're willing to pay for the transportation costs and the $55 sign-in fee for this year's Annual Risk Classic, then ConquerClub will not pay for any of those expenses, but HEY we'll give you a three month premium! That's right! A sweet $5 value! And wait, there's MORE! You also get to pick an official, genuine, deluxe, custom-made, one size fits all ConquerClub T-Shirt! That's a total misleading value of $23! $5 for the three month premium, and a whopping $18 value for a T-Shirt that no one really wants to drop $18 for! And if you're on the verge of cumming your pants, then you'll orgasm at the guarantee of receiving one "General Contribution Medal!" (exclamation point not included). Yes, a mere <4KB computer-generated image with a total value of ALMOST ZERO!

Can you say AWESOME? I CAN! But wait! That's not all! If you place in the tournament, YOU GET ANOTHER THREE MONTH PREMIUM!! And another 4 kilobyte award with a different title: "General Achievement Medal."
That's a 5 dollar, half a cent value!
-----> OH HO HO!! ***B-B-B-B-BONUS DEAL!!!** <------------

Now that's a steal! (hey hey! I rhymed! *cool guy pose, *thumbs up!)

HOWEVER, you must agree to the following:

1) Trust Andy and Lackattack with your mailing address and name.
2) Allow the CC Community to know exactly who you are (your personal information will be submitted to the masses by our discretion and that information is only limited by the vague phrase of "who you are.")
3) You'll have to tote around a Conquer Club banner the entire time you're there, and be prepared to face constant jokes like "Haha! DORK!" or "Who suckered you into that deal?"
4) You'll have to send constant journal entries throughout the event. If it's not acceptable, we'll just ask you to rewrite another one. You're only looking at like 10, 30, or maybe 60 minutes of work!
5) Don't forget to give us pictures--preferably embarrassing ones!
6) You'll need to spend time with our interviewers, who ask you a barrage of dull questions with the ultimate goal of putting you to sleep! (hey, that's another 10, 30, or 60 minutes of work!)
7) And last but not least, we strongly urge you to represent our business by spreading the word and recruiting others to join. Sorry, no commission, no pay, and nothing tax-deductible, but there's the vague possibility of making another CC friend! HEY HEY!! WHOA!!

Now remember! We offer the artificial value of up to $28.01 as long as you take the risks and do the work involved! Sure, it's not fair, but we'll heavily rely on your love for ConquerClub. Why even consider the real losses of this deal when you can replace it with mindless, chest-thumping "patriotism" towards ConquerClub?!

Don't ask questions! Don't think! Take our deal NOW!

It's 100% guaranteed!

Side-effects may include:

Loss of sleep over the embarrassment of wearing one of those CC T-shirts in public, possible theft identity (unlikely from Lack or Andy, and don't go asking us, sir), stomach ulcers, heartaches, chest pains, and possible anal bleeding, Photoshopped pictures, the butt of many jokes, the source of many laughs on /b/, constant ridicule, bad dreams, nightmares, night terrors, decrease in personal attraction, decrease in chances of successfully socializing with members of the opposite sex without being embarrassed by our conditions, decrease in appetite, and a possible increase in self-mutilation and/or masturbation--simultaneously.

Brought to you by B(ig)B(ull)S(hitting) Advertising Company.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Re: THIS JUST IN!

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:36 pm

I thought this was going to be a "Welcome back Army of GOD" thread =*(
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Dang, I wasn't gonna do this but you make it so attractive I may just have to go for it - I'm going anyway.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Very inspired post. How long did it take you to put it together? If you're not already employed doing this, get cracking fast =D>
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:06 pm

I puked up a first draft in about 10-20 minutes, refining it along the way. Maybe it took me an hour, but I didn't have my stopwatch handy at the time.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:08 pm

I don't have nearly enough determination to spend an hour on something like this.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Queen_Herpes on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:11 pm

OMG, thank you for reposting this..Am I correct in thinking that they censored it from its previous location?
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Night Strike on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:48 pm

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Major Night Strike

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:53 pm

Good god! It's like the Daily Show in text form.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:54 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Good god! It's like the Colbert Report in text form.

Because the Daily Show isn't nearly as funny.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Fircoal on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:01 am

Army of GOD wrote:

Daily Show > Colbert Report
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:02 am

Fircoal wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

Daily Show > Colbert Report

Don't even fucking start with me.

Colbert runs circles around Stewart.

CIRCLES
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby jefjef on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:23 am

This thread courtesy of AASaxiStalin.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby grifftron on Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:56 am

Epic.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:37 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:OMG, thank you for reposting this..Am I correct in thinking that they censored it from its previous location?

They just felt it was inappropriately placed, I assume. They didn't like it, but nothing bad came of it (got a deleted PM from a CC mod). Maybe they'll feel their offer is a bit silly considering it from my presentation.

If anything, I'm just glad when people enjoy my nonsense, ...

but hey if you know some marketing position that's available, let me know... but it's not something I'm really into. Watching commercials and seeing ads makes me angry. Can't stand the lies, the profiling, the methods and origin of data they collect on consumers, all of that reminds of something big I'd like removed--like a wart on my anus.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby poptartpsycho18 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:50 pm

Well the future in advertising is probably an excess of truth, so you'll fit right in :P This kinda reminded me of those commercials for pharmaceuticals that tell you for one minute what it's good for and then takes the other 5 minutes to list all the bad crap that happens when you take it. The best one is the meds for Arthritis that can give you cancer and/or brain bleeds...among other things.
Corporal poptartpsycho18

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:04 pm

Yes, one way you can tell if something is actually a medicine and not just another quack nostrum is this: the snake-oils don't warn you of side-effects.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby tdans on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:12 pm

i find that broccoli makes a great condiment...

I LOVE THIS THREAD
Lieutenant tdans

Re: Annual Risk Classic -- Want to Represent Conquer Club?

Postby tzor on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:13 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:If you're willing to pay for the transportation costs and the $55 sign-in fee for this year's Annual Risk Classic, ...

Oh gee, now you made me Google it. ;)

"This year's" ... it's like the 1st. :twisted:
Check out the Sponsors ... only one ... that's CC. :twisted:

And so close to where I live. :twisted: (2 minutes shy of 3 hours by car)

The Annual RISK Classic is a live, double-elimination, board game tournament pitting some of the best RISK players in the world against each other for the sole purpose of achieving global dominance.

Well that "eliminates" me right there. Now if it had been the worst RISK players in the world I might have had a chance. :(
Cadet tzor

Postby notyou2 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:57 pm

If I send a cardboard cut out of myself, will someone carry me around?
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Jones?
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Squishy?
Captain notyou2

Postby notyou2 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Anyone?