Conquer Club

Running out of reserves

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Running out of reserves

Postby xakel on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:57 pm

What should be done if a tournament runs out a reserve players? Do the players without opponents just move on to the next round? On a related note, how many reserves should be used for tournaments with X number of players? (for a 32 player tournament, I've been keeping 4 reserves)

I tried doing a search on the subject, but way too much comes up. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. (use more reserves next time = not helpful)
"People don't change, they're changed by the actions of others."
Cook xakel

Re: Running out of reserves

Postby Tupence on Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Your best bet is to make a post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=124042

Some TOs do choose to advance the players without opponents, particularly in large bracket tournaments, but others feel it is unfair, so it's just up to your judgement on that. For a 32-player tournament, 4 reserves is a good number to start with, and you can always get more in the thread I mentioned above.
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby Qwert on Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:25 pm

for 32 bracket-you need to have only in first round reserves,because in second, third,quarterfinal,semifinal ,and fina ofcourse will be unfair to other players who participiate to play against reserves. Its best to announce these rule right in begining,and that you will solve these problem
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jrh_cardinal on Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:24 pm

qwert wrote:for 32 bracket-you need to have only in first round reserves,because in second, third,quarterfinal,semifinal ,and fina ofcourse will be unfair to other players who participiate to play against reserves. Its best to announce these rule right in begining,and that you will solve these problem

more imprtantly it's unfair for reserves to start later in the tourney.

In a 32 player bracket you have to win 5 games (or series). If a reserve comes in in the semifinals he only has to win 2, that's unfair to the other players who worked hard the first three rounds.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Return to Tournament Archives