Conquer Club

Clan Medals

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan Medals

Postby jpcloet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:53 am

The Clan Directors are proud to announce that clans will be receiving a Clan Achievement Medal. This medal will be handed out to qualifying winners of Clan Wars, and other Clan Tournaments/Leagues.

General

The clan medal will be handed out to players and will encourage players to join clans and participate in wars.

Qualifying Challenges

In order to have clan game creation privileges, a Clan War must be of at least 40 games. This will allow clans to custom build any challenge they wish in their negotiations.

However, in order to receive a Clan Achievement Medal, the war and players will need to meet ALL of the following criteria:

Wars:
  • A War must be of a minimum 41 games, and must have a specific defined process for determining a winner, prior to the start of the War. A random triples neutral game is recommended.
  • War restrictions must adhere to the basic restrictions inherently built by clans meaning No Freestyle, No Manual, No Speed
  • The game composition must comprise 100% Team Games. Recommended setup is 25% Doubles, 25% Triples, 25% Quadruples and 25% Choice of Team Games
  • Clan Wars must be fairly negotiated
  • Must be considered a reasonably fair War, meaning farming of medals will not be allowed. Any questionable war will be discussed first by the Clan Directors and if any further discussion is needed, the Clan Leader's Association will be consulted.
  • A minimum of 10 players must be used.
  • Both Clans must follow the 1 Clan Rule
  • Clan War thread must be adequately documented to ensure medals are properly given out, primarily game numbers and winner

Players:
  • Be on the winning clan
  • Have played the minimum game requirement (See Example)
  • Have a minimum of 1 win

show: Minimum Game Requirement Example

Historical Awarding of Medals
Over the last 4 years, there have been clan wars of all sizes (3 games to 120 games) and formats. In defining which ones in the past will receive them, we looked at the average war size in each year and overall. The intention was to grant medals at that level, however, there were challenges only a few games less in some years, and a large war in 2010 raised the average. The most fair level was to look at median and there was a distinct cutoff point in all the years.

All wars with a total Final Score of 36 or more points/games will be awarded medals. No other criteria will be applied to historical wars, with the exception of farming and proper documentation.
Players will have to still meet the above player requirements.

This means approximately 1500 player medals will be handed out. The Clan Directors will be doing this work over the next several weeks. Once the work is complete, we will be contacting clans that are missing any documentation, and also taking questions in case we made mistakes or missed a war. There were approximately 5000 games reviewed in the process.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Re: Clan Medals

Postby trapyoung on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:56 am

jpcloet wrote:Wars:
  • A War must be of a minimum 41 games, and must have a specific defined process for determining a winner, prior to the start of the War. A random triples neutral game is recommended.
  • The game composition must comprise 100% Team Games. Recommended setup is 25% Doubles, 25% Triples, 25% Quadruples and 25% Choice of Team Games

So having 5 singles in a round qualifying as 1 point in the clan war would not be allowed for the total game count?

I'm not sure I agree with that or a 41 game minimum, 40 would seem to suffice because if there is a need for a tie-breaker, clans will make that 41st game anyway.
Colonel trapyoung

Postby jpcloet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:07 am

Having singles is allowed for Clan gaming privileges but will not be allowed for the purposes of medals. We want to promote team games. Clans can still have challenges/wars with singles in them but they will be non-qualifying medal events.

We've had issue in the past around clans unable to decide on a tie-breaker. Best to get it out of the way up front, plus if you build it in up front, it won't delay the start of your next war if your clan focuses on one event at a time.

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:09 am

dont know if i like the no singles options....im a fan of the best of 5 for 1 point games that happen every now and then
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby jpcloet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:14 am

lord voldemort wrote:dont know if i like the no singles options....im a fan of the best of 5 for 1 point games that happen every now and then

I'll keep this in mind and will run a thread about this later on in the CLA combined with its impact and/or limitations if clans still want this to be a part of challenges.

Postby fumandomuerte on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:17 am

Can we have a preview of the medal?
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby wilkinc on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:20 am

I'd vote for singles games to be allowed in medal-qualifying clan wars, maybe subject to a max ratio of singles:team games (ie, no more than 10% of the total points can come from singles). Denying singles games altogether seems a bit harsh.
Major wilkinc

Postby jpcloet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:24 am

fumandomuerte wrote:Can we have a preview of the medal?

I believe it should be available today once Admin does their thing. I just saw a preview myself a few minutes ago. Look for it this weekend and if I have time on Sunday, some of you may actually get some of the historical ones awarded this weekend.

Postby jpcloet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:27 am

Looks like it is public already. Admin was fast on this one.

medals.php

Postby Dako on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:49 am

Good news.

Few comments:
-- War restrictions must adhere to the basic restrictions inherently built by clans meaning No Freestyle, No Manual, No Speed
Does it mean Nukes are now officially allowed in all wars? Beta maps?

-- The game composition must comprise 100% Team Games
I think singles should be allowed in ratio 1:9 (1 point singles for 9 team points).

-- Clan Wars must be fairly negotiated
What does it mean?

Over all - it is ok, glad to see this coming, we want more shiny trophies :D.
Colonel Dako

Postby jpcloet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Nukes have always been allowed but most of us have negotiated them out.

Clan wars must be fairly negotiated. - There have been some complaints as to various negotiation tactics. This in part this sets up some future things and ways of working on clan events. "Fair" is the key word.

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Looks good JP, I like the emphasis on the odd number of games so there aren't any ties. I don't mind singles being left out as singles is too luck based imho and doesn't really test a clan out.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby danryan on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Nom nom nom more medals. Great job jp on getting CC to put these in, you are one of the more unsung heroes on this site, putting a lot of effort into the clans which for many long term players are the only reason to stick around!

=D>
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Gilligan on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:17 pm

So if a challenge didn't have 41 games, it doesn't count for a medal?
Captain Gilligan

Postby jpcloet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Gilligan wrote:So if a challenge didn't have 41 games, it doesn't count for a medal?

Minimum of 41 games going forward. Historical awarding of medals had a cutoff on total points, many which had more than 40 games due to singles in some cases.

Postby MrBenn on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:44 pm

What will happen about clans that have since disbanded? Will medals be awarded retrospectively for the members of a clan that won a war, even if the clan no longer exists?

edit: cough, Eternal Empire v Divine Domination
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Night Strike on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:50 pm

The minimum should be 40 games. There is no reason there should be a 1-game difference between privileges and medals. A 10-game difference would at least make some logical sense, but 1-game just seems to be there to be annoying. The 40-game rule and that there must be a winner should suffice. The only reason the single game is thrown in there is to avoid ties, but the other rule already covers it. If clans tie, they either break the tie and get medals or let it stand and not get medals.

I'm glad you didn't put a minimum percentage of types of team games on the requirements, but single games shouldn't have been thrown out. Put in stipulations such as only 10% of the points, 5-game minimum per point, and no player can play in more than one series and it will suffice as a component of a clan war. There are always key 1v1 match-ups in any major team sport, so there's no reason to outright ban them here.

Minimum games per player and winning one game look good.
Major Night Strike

Postby jpcloet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:56 pm

MrBenn wrote:What will happen about clans that have since disbanded? Will medals be awarded retrospectively for the members of a clan that won a war, even if the clan no longer exists?

edit: cough, Eternal Empire v Divine Domination

The short answer is yes, if they meet all the criteria for wars and players. We do have a few wars where the documentation is a little poor, but overall I knew the clans well enough to know who was with whom and when. I did quietly correct some of the war threads, and did contact 2 or 3 clans to locate game numbers that may have been missing or not updated. Plus by linking teammates in games, you get to the clans be process of elimination. All analysis has several points of reconciliation and game spots by each clan is one of them, as well as comparing actual games vs the total score etc.

It is not mentioned above, but medals will be issued out historically, and chronologically based on the war and work done.

Postby Master Fenrir on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Is this medal being awarded for the matchups in the Cup?
General Master Fenrir

Postby ljex on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:Is this medal being awarded for the matchups in the Cup?

I would think yes and no, yes for those with more than 41 games
Major ljex

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Perhaps a dumb question as I am fairly new to the clan side of CC. Are there ever multi-team wars? And how do the medals work around that?

Is it 40 games total or 40 games per team?

Clan A v Clan B v Clan C.

Set up for 42 games, 14 home games, 7 against each rival.

War is more than 40 games but each clan plays 28.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby jpcloet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:42 pm

ljex wrote:

Another short answer of yes for those of the minimum size; some discussion has been had in the CLA around penalties and forfeits etc. so a decision on one of the matches has not yet been made. The CD's will cross that road when we get to issuing medals around the one on everyone's mind.

Postby jpcloet on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:44 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:Perhaps a dumb question as I am fairly new to the clan side of CC. Are there ever multi-team wars? And how do the medals work around that?

Is it 40 games total or 40 games per team?

Clan A v Clan B v Clan C.

Set up for 42 games, 14 home games, 7 against each rival.

War is more than 40 games but each clan plays 28.

That has not happened yet. If there are ever non-standard wars/events/challenges the clans involved will need to seek council from the Clan Directors.

Postby Leehar on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:54 pm

jpcloet wrote:
ljex wrote:

Another short answer of yes for those of the minimum size; some discussion has been had in the CLA around penalties and forfeits etc. so a decision on one of the matches has not yet been made. The CD's will cross that road when we get to issuing medals around the one on everyone's mind.

And obviously it also depends on if the 1v1 games restriction is released.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Timminz on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Keeping 1v1 out entirely is too much, in my opinion. As long as each 1v1 "game" is actually a best-of series (5, ideally), and the maximum allowable is not too high (10-15% seems reasonable), I think 1v1 should not be a problem to allow.
Captain Timminz

Next

Return to Clan Archives