Conquer Club

[Rules] Kick Players Out for Missing Three Turns Total

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: missed turns

Postby amhowie on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:27 am

yeah only said that cos u used it. can u give me the link to that discussion please
Major amhowie

Postby greenoaks on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:42 am

missing turns is a DISadvantage
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby MichelSableheart on Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:12 am

This seems to implement what you want, but better, because it solves the problem that 3 turns isn't a lot for large games.
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:30 am

greenoaks wrote:missing turns is a DISadvantage

not always
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Darwins_Bane on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:35 am

SirSebstar wrote:

not always

always
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ā€¹Khan22ā€ŗ wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ā€¹TheForgivenOneā€ŗ No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby Arama86n on Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:42 am

I think it should remain 3 consecutive turns BUT
Also add coding so that you are kicked automatically for missing 5 turns total, or if there is enough protest regarding longer games, 5 turns within a 50 turn period.
Major Arama86n

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Darwins_Bane wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:

not always

always

\e.g. manual freestyle? no it is not if you really want to take that first turn
Major SirSebstar

To many missed turns

Postby concrete on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:12 am

I have been on this site for more than 2 years now, and i am sure this subject has been talked about before, but I want to bring it up again. Waiting for someone to miss 3 turns in a row is messed up. I have new players and players who have played awhile, they join my games and miss 1 or 2 turns then take a turn, then miss 2, then take 1, miss 2, etc. so by the time the game is over, they have missed 4, 5, 6, or more turn in 1 game. ENOUGH. :x :sick: :twisted:
I say the rules need changing on this point. Miss 3 total turns in a game and you lose, period. I know there are various reasons to miss turns, and some of them are beyond players control, but come on. One of the 1st things players should be made aware of is there are players to turn to if they need someone to take turns for them.
Maybe a "welcome bundle" should be sent to them, (e-mail or pm) when a new player signs up. A bundle of info, so that before a player ever takes his/hers 1st turn in their 1st game, they have the recorces to turn to if they need it. One of the 1st things they need to know about is there is players who will take their turns if needed. So until they establish a partnership with a few players/friends, they dont have to miss turns. Let them know that there are forums to help them with stratagy, Q & A, Society of the Cooks Training Grounds, etc.
Back to my original point, I say change the rule. 3 misses total in a game and they lose.
Colonel concrete

Re: To many missed turns

Postby stahrgazer on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:24 am

I tend to agree.

Unfortunately, I've seen threads where people think it's a legitimate strategy to miss turns on occasion, especially with some of the new spoils options; so you may have a difficult time getting your idea approved. Even if approved, implementing would require a new sort of program, to tabulate all misses rather than "in a row" misses, with no reset-to-zero if player does take a turn.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Re: TOO many missed turns

Postby owenshooter on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:40 pm

oh, i thought this was an ode to missed turns, due to the subject line... i guess what you really meant was TOO many missed turns... pardon my confusion, i only know proper grammar... good luck with your thread, it would probably do much better in the SUGGESTIONS FORUM, where it belongs... this has been suggested many times before, and has yet to be implemented, and i doubt it will...-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Master Fenrir on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Moving to suggestions.
General Master Fenrir

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:18 pm

concrete wrote: I say the rules need changing on this point. Miss 3 total turns in a game and you lose, period. I know there are various reasons to miss turns, and some of them are beyond players control, but come on. One of the 1st things players should be made aware of is there are players to turn to if they need someone to take turns for them.

What about those games that have been going on for months? Stalemate games can go on for YEARS if they are that deadlocked. Are you saying that these players should be punished for missed 3 turns over a span of about a year or two?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby greenoaks on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:05 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
concrete wrote: I say the rules need changing on this point. Miss 3 total turns in a game and you lose, period. I know there are various reasons to miss turns, and some of them are beyond players control, but come on. One of the 1st things players should be made aware of is there are players to turn to if they need someone to take turns for them.

What about those games that have been going on for months? Stalemate games can go on for YEARS if they are that deadlocked. Are you saying that these players should be punished for missed 3 turns over a span of about a year or two?

that is exactly what he is saying and why i hope this never gets implemented

we currently have a great policy imo regarding missed turns because sometimes rl interferes with our ability to be here
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby concrete on Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:14 am

really love your avitar greenoaks...I have been in a few of those longs ass games and to be honest, I hadn't considerd that aspect of it. It's the 1 vs 1 games, mostly with nu bees that gets to me. I still say some kind of info bundle needs to be given to new players. If they know that sit in subs are avalable, maybe it would eliminate most of their missed turns. Again, really love the avitar. =D>
Colonel concrete

Postby greenoaks on Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:47 pm

concrete wrote:really love your avitar greenoaks...I have been in a few of those longs ass games and to be honest, I hadn't considerd that aspect of it. It's the 1 vs 1 games, mostly with nu bees that gets to me. I still say some kind of info bundle needs to be given to new players. If they know that sit in subs are avalable, maybe it would eliminate most of their missed turns. Again, really love the avitar. =D>

the 1v1 can be annoying but i don't notice it so much because of the volume of games i have active

the idea of sending a 'Welcome to CC' email to all who join with pertinent info and links' is a great idea though (i don't know if they do that as i have been here a loooooong time now)

=D>

start a new thread for that if you can't find anything via search. it will have my vote
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby jigger1986 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:30 pm

Just for the record, 100% agree with this suggestion! I would love to see this put into place.
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby IcePack on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:33 pm

greenoaks wrote:
concrete wrote:really love your avitar greenoaks...I have been in a few of those longs ass games and to be honest, I hadn't considerd that aspect of it. It's the 1 vs 1 games, mostly with nu bees that gets to me. I still say some kind of info bundle needs to be given to new players. If they know that sit in subs are avalable, maybe it would eliminate most of their missed turns. Again, really love the avitar. =D>

the 1v1 can be annoying but i don't notice it so much because of the volume of games i have active

the idea of sending a 'Welcome to CC' email to all who join with pertinent info and links' is a great idea though (i don't know if they do that as i have been here a loooooong time now)

=D>

start a new thread for that if you can't find anything via search. it will have my vote

they dont the way its been described here.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby concrete on Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:50 pm

I have started a new thread having to do with this, please view it and leave your thoughts there. Thanks
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=132590
Colonel concrete

Missed Turns

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:25 pm

I know that people get kicked out for missing 3 consecutive turns, but I think it may also be beneficial for them to be kicked out for missing a certain amount of nonconsecutive turns. If someone misses 5 turns, they're out. Is that something that can be done? Does anyone agree?

chapcrap
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Missed Turns

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:06 am

I think you should try search and look for the suggestions already that failed, like this one..
I do not believe that is about an automated tool for playing.. Although i'd be interrested in anything that prevents me from missing turns though...lol
Major SirSebstar

Re: Auto-Kick When Missed Turns Are Not Consecutive *Rejecte

Postby ender516 on Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 pm

Merged with related topic in Archived Rejected Suggestions forum.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Missed Turns

Postby m7 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:17 am

Players who miss a certain number of turns in a game should be eliminated whether or not they are consecutive.

A game option could be added so that players who miss 3 turns are kicked out of the game.

Games where a player repeatedly skips 2 turns and takes a turn are so slow they become boring and other players lose interest. This would give an option to those who don't want to play deadbeats.
Lieutenant m7

Postby darth emperor on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:14 pm

If I recall correctly this has been suggested and rejected. Altough I understand your point of view, the problem is that sometimes you can miss a turn wich is perfectly normal and "acceptable". So when the game gets very long, like for example this one Game 578682, it would be rare not to miss turns. (blue has lost 86 turns, pink 72, green 10) So is not fair to get them eliminated because the game has been around too much time and they forget 3 times. When the loss is 3 consecutive turns, it gets more clear that is not carelessness or some bad connection or whatever, and therefore they get eliminated
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby m7 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:36 pm

If it is an option in the game set up for 3 missed turn limit, then anyone who doesn't want to play with deadbeats will have a choice.

Round length is there for those who don't want five year games. :lol:
Lieutenant m7

Postby darth emperor on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:46 pm

m7 wrote:If it is an option in the game set up for 3 missed turn limit, then anyone who doesn't want to play with deadbeats will have a choice.

The problem with options, is that they are harder to code, and when there's a bug is get more difficult to fix it, apart from other things. So when you add an option, it should be for something useful. And I don't think deciding between this 2 it counts as an option, as most games don't have practically 3 lost turns (thanks, to babysitters). So stick to one of the two, not both.

m7 wrote:Round length is there for those who don't want five year games. :lol:

Yes, I have exaggerated the example, but with a round limit of 100 it wouldn't be weird to miss 3 non-consecutive turns. And many people just don't put the limits...
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions