Conquer Club

Fractured China - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Fractured China - [Quenched]

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Image ImageImage Image Image

In line with my current Fractured America map I present you with "Fractured China".

In 2045, The Chinese economy collapsed as a result of the North American economy collapsing just 15 years earlier. What resulted was massive civil unrest and civil war. Other countries took advantage of the unrest and invaded China, so that what was left was a shell of the world's 3rd strongest economy!

Map stands at 69 territories with 17 of them being coded as starting neutrals to prevent anyone getting a VERY LUCKY drop. At 52 territories you have ample opportunity to wrestle power (or take more land) from your sworn enemies!

All capitals and free cities start as 2 neutral except Mukden which will start as 3 neutral to prevent the player from Korea grabbing it too fast.

You can recruit 2 men from each Free City you hold to help you achieve your goal. But watch out, as there are ways where you can get trapped and end up on the losing end of the battle!

So I now present to you Fractured China!!

Large Map:
Click image to enlarge.

Small Map:

show: Color Blind Tests
show: Previous Large Images
show: Previous Small Images
Last edited by thenobodies80 on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:52 am, edited 75 times in total.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Fractured Europe??

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:06 pm

If the Fractured's are part of a cartographer's series, I'd ask permission to pursue the idea. It's best not to step on anyone's feet.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:10 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:If the Fractured's are part of a cartographer's series, I'd ask permission to pursue the idea. It's best not to step on anyone's feet.

Yep I hereby give myself permission to do a series! :lol:
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gilligan on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:43 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:If the Fractured's are part of a cartographer's series, I'd ask permission to pursue the idea. It's best not to step on anyone's feet.

:lol:

I was waiting for that. I like the idea!
Captain Gilligan

Postby Teflon Kris on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm interested if you can split the uk so southern england is a seperate fascist state to a left wing rest of the uk?

;-)
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby natty dread on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:53 am

Interesting idea, but the gameplay has to have something to offer - there are already so many maps of Europe that you're going to need some kind of twist in the gameplay to sell the concept...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:23 am

DJ Teflon wrote:I'm interested if you can split the uk so southern england is a seperate fascist state to a left wing rest of the uk?

;-)

I am researching political parties (though I just might take some liberties and make up party names) to use. I already have in mind those Irish taking over wales and Northern Ireland from the UK as well as having the Highlanders (Scottland) do the same. Any help on political parties, especially the extreme parties would be great.

natty_dread wrote:Interesting idea, but the gameplay has to have something to offer - there are already so many maps of Europe that you're going to need some kind of twist in the gameplay to sell the concept...

Well this idea is a twist for Europe already. I'm working out the gameplay now. I'm thinking of a Fractured Europe that still is at war. There's going to be a lot on the map so I'm hoping to not have it looking cluttered. What do you think of the idea of areas that have radiation/biological poisoning? I think that is a twist on an European map in of itself.

[quote="Gilligan" :lol: I was waiting for that. I like the idea![/quote]

Great so would you be willing to do the XML for this one as well??

I'll be working on a draft here probably this upcoming weekend.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby theBastard on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:19 am

interesting idea. hm, what about to do map from close future of Europe (not so far as are radiation zones)? maybe crushing the European Union? and bonuse could be not as mostly maps have - unite any continent, but divide continent?

just a quick idea...
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

Postby Industrial Helix on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:05 am

Fractured Europe... you mean a topsy-turvey world where Europe is broken into several countries, each ruled by some various party ranging from nazi to monarchy to democracy to communist? It's called the History of Europe since the fall of Rome. I think Europe is already quite fractured and I dunno how easy of a sell this is going to be... what about picking on the USA's great rival Russia... oh-wait... The UK would make a good fractured addition though. My advice is to pick something that isn't already broken up.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby grifftron on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:36 am

isaiah40 wrote:

This was great!

Hey i40, i kinda like what IH said, maybe fractured CHINA!
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Industrial Helix on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Fractured China would be interesting given all its divisions and problems.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:09 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Fractured Europe... you mean a topsy-turvey world where Europe is broken into several countries, each ruled by some various party ranging from nazi to monarchy to democracy to communist? It's called the History of Europe since the fall of Rome. I think Europe is already quite fractured and I dunno how easy of a sell this is going to be... what about picking on the USA's great rival Russia... oh-wait... The UK would make a good fractured addition though. My advice is to pick something that isn't already broken up.

Especially since Europe is moving towards the whole "European Union" thing, I don't think a fractured Europe would be the best estimate of what a future Europe could look like. Going off what Helix said above, what if you did a sort of time-compressed fractured Europe? You could then include all of the major occurrences that have happened in history such as the Nazi regime, Napoleon, the Ottoman Empire, the Black Plague, medieval and Renaissance Europe, the French Revolution, the Vikings, etc. etc... I think there's loads of potential if you went towards something like that.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby theBastard on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:22 pm

guys, the fact that Europe is now united (EU) does not mean that Europe is united for ever. there are enough problems now, and maybe we are close to the time when Europe will be again fractured (look at Euro (moneys problem))...

and I´m afraid that business depresion is not at end and will brings boom of National/Fascist power...
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Well this is how I see it. Currently a lot of the world's economics/monetary are tied to the US. So if in 2040 the US economy fails then what happens to the other economies? It's all guess work anyways, and it follows the story line of the north american economy.

I also plan on doing a Fractured Asia map as well so IH read my mind in a way. ;) Of course this just means that China would be the power house on that map.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby MrBenn on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Fractured Europe... you mean a topsy-turvey world where Europe is broken into several countries, each ruled by some various party ranging from nazi to monarchy to democracy to communist? It's called the History of Europe since the fall of Rome. I think Europe is already quite fractured and I dunno how easy of a sell this is going to be... what about picking on the USA's great rival Russia... oh-wait... The UK would make a good fractured addition though. My advice is to pick something that isn't already broken up.

On the whole I'd side with IH here...

England has always struggled with Europe - we're in it, but see ourselves as very separate from it. Personally, I would think that very few Brits have a great affinity with Europe and the EU, and as for the rest of Europe, I think it depends on politics much more than any great desire for Continental Unity. Indeed, some of the fiercest rivalrys are held amongst neighbouring states/nations.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby L M S on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Oh no, don't tell Pander88uk about this....
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:08 pm

I'd like to see something other than Europe. Fractured Russia was a pretty good idea, as was China. Or give Africa/South America/Asia some extra love in the Map Picker. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby L M S on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:41 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I'd like to see something other than Europe. Fractured Russia was a pretty good idea, as was China. Or give Africa/South America/Asia some extra love in the Map Picker. ;)

--Andy

'bout time there was a new middle east map as well, I'd say.
“One of God's own prototypes.....never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
Sergeant 1st Class L M S
SoC Training Adviser

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:25 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I'd like to see something other than Europe. Fractured Russia was a pretty good idea, as was China. Or give Africa/South America/Asia some extra love in the Map Picker. ;)

--Andy

Africa was going to be one of my next picks. Though we might need to go over the map limitations a little to make it work.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Industrial Helix on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:25 pm

L M S wrote:

--Andy

Fractured Middle East... no way... I can't believe it would ever happen.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:27 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:
L M S wrote:

--Andy

Fractured Middle East... no way... I can't believe it would ever happen.

=D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol: OK really... 1 fractured map is enough... time for a new idea... So I vote no for this map idea.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby The Bison King on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Sounds like a good idea but I'd say WAY more than 50-60 territories. I'm pretty sure Fractured America is near 90 or even over 100

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby carlpgoodrich on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:52 pm

No, please not another Europe map. PLEASE!!! And I agree with Bruceswar, one fractured map is good but two is just repetitive. There are soo many other cool ideas out there I would much rather see something different.
Lieutenant carlpgoodrich

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:03 pm

As read through few posts, I can easily see and understand everyone's ideas. I will be mulling this over for the next week until the poll is closed.

Meanwhile I have another idea brewing, so I probably will be starting a new thread somewhere over the rainbow. So stay tuned some here in this melting pot.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Okay so far the poll show that the majority of the people who voted want another Fractured map (this will be the last as 2 will really be enough). So I will be (am) working on a "Fractured China" as a few people have suggested. I will get a draft up sometime here in the next few days.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Next

Return to The Atlas