Its these a good idea?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes : 108

Re: (poll)SCOREBOARD-MVP of the Month(description page 1-med

Postby Commander62890 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:34 pm

chipv wrote:For clarification there is no issue about high ranks being at a disadvantage because everybody has a separate monthly
score starting at zero and points gained/loss are calculated using the monthly rank only.

Ohhh okay, I get it now!

You and Qwert are right; this idea is great.

I would love to see this implemented.
Major Commander62890

Re: (poll)SCOREBOARD-MVP of the Month(description page 1-med

Postby Qwert on Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:48 am

ok,i try to made much better description,that people understand what im present here, i think that now its everything ok, small things need to be clear,and we can move forward.
-------------------------------------------------
b]Specifics:[/b]
This will not replace the existing scoreboard, but be a new feature.
At the beginning of the month, each persons monthly score is set to 800, and everybody will have cadet rank.
Points are gained and lost in the same way as the existing scoreboard. The player with the most points gained during the month (highest monthly score) gets the MVP of the Month medal.
At the end of the month, all monthly scores are set back to 0 and the process is restarted.

Click image to enlarge.

Possible abuse: if in any way MVP of the month Abuse these system, Mods can not alove hem MPV Medal,and next player in scoreboard can be pronounce Mvp of the month.
abuse cases-(still need to determine these)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: (poll)SCOREBOARD-MVP of the Month(page 1-medal)[POLL]

Postby Qwert on Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:05 am

lets go voters
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby skipopidid on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:37 pm

So after reading through i dont know how many pages of higher ranked people whining about how this is going to be so hard for them to become the montly mvp what i get is this..

1) a monthly scoreboard reset every month. The scores for this scoreboard (correct me if i'm wrong) would be completely independent of the normal scoreboard
2) there may possibly be a medal (which has already been designed) for the winner each month
3) this gives newer players (like me) a chance at getting a little recognition for skill

i support this idea. i also believe it would bring newer players into the community more. It is kind of intimidating looking at everyone posting/playing having been here for a long time and have much higher ranks. Which would probably lead to newer players being more likely to stay.

cons- higher ranked players would have a harder time getting this medal? They are high ranked for a reason. I understand that they have worked hard to get those scores and ranks, but at the same time some of us havent even had a chance to proove ourselves and are being discouraged from doing so simply because its a daunting task to even attempt.

edit:
i do see one problem--Premium players have a much better chance of getting this medal because they have more of an opportunity to play games. I did see a suggestion somewhere in there to have a premi and freemi board which I support, but thats another matter to be handled if this suggestion goes through
Private 1st Class skipopidid

Postby Qwert on Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:54 am

by skipopidid Ā» Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:37 am

So after reading through i dont know how many pages of higher ranked people whining about how this is going to be so hard for them to become the montly mvp what i get is this..

1) a monthly scoreboard reset every month. The scores for this scoreboard (correct me if i'm wrong) would be completely independent of the normal scoreboard
2) there may possibly be a medal (which has already been designed) for the winner each month
3) this gives newer players (like me) a chance at getting a little recognition for skill

i support this idea. i also believe it would bring newer players into the community more. It is kind of intimidating looking at everyone posting/playing having been here for a long time and have much higher ranks. Which would probably lead to newer players being more likely to stay.

cons- higher ranked players would have a harder time getting this medal? They are high ranked for a reason. I understand that they have worked hard to get those scores and ranks, but at the same time some of us havent even had a chance to proove ourselves and are being discouraged from doing so simply because its a daunting task to even attempt.

edit:
i do see one problem--Premium players have a much better chance of getting this medal because they have more of an opportunity to play games. I did see a suggestion somewhere in there to have a premi and freemi board which I support, but thats another matter to be handled if this suggestion goes through

thanks for support,lets try to answer.
1.yes,its totaly independent, and only formula its same like for main scoreboard. All players start with equal rank,and with equal points.
2.Well these is mine creation,officialy nothing still not recognise,but i hope that mods ,will come to give hes oppinion.
3.Yes,if you manage to play good, you have nice chance for MVP, like all other players
4.Well premium and fremium, these is something what i dont have influence, its same like in main scoreboard,where you have very large number of Premiums with high ranks,then have more space to play more games,and these can be opstacle for you to one day be mvp,because you have limited games, and these is only advantage what premiums have over fremiums.
I think that its not possible to have two mvp scoreboard.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: (poll)SCOREBOARD-MVP of the Month(page 1)[POLL] [STICKY?

Postby Qwert on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:12 am

i think that these have enough supporty to be at least stickied.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Re: (poll)SCOREBOARD-MVP of the Month(page 1)[POLL] [STICKY?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:27 pm

I feel this has enough support for a Sticky.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: SCOREBOARD-MVP of the Month(page 1)[POLL] [Stickied ~ TF

Postby Qwert on Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:13 pm

TFO? what these mean?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Quick question, is the first post up to date with everything qwert?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:59 am

by TheForgivenOne Ā» Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:02 am

Quick question, is the first post up to date with everything qwert?

up to date? what you mean?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:27 pm

Everything is up to date, qwert, good job and great suggestion!
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby Mr_Adams on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:36 pm

So, I'm confused. Would this be a separate closed points system, entirely independent of the normal points system? Would you display 2 ranks? This would certainly be a medal only achievable by premium members, which is fine by me (As is the speed medal). I like the idea, but the conversation from the very beginning seems to contradict the original post. Is the original post keeping the current version of the idea the community is to be voting on?
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:So, I'm confused. Would this be a separate closed points system, entirely independent of the normal points system? I like the idea, but the conversation from the very beginning seems to contradict the original post. Is the original post keeping the current version of the idea the community is to be voting on?

Basically yes.

There would be the Normal scoreboard as we have now, and an MVP scoreboard.

Everyone starts with 1000 each month, and they are calculated throughout the month based on your wins and losses. From what I believe is being suggested, they are scored based on THAT score, not your overall score.

qwert can confirm or deny what I have said if I am correct or not.

(BTW, I did edit your quote, to what is being asked for.... I think)
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:38 pm

Specifics:
This will not replace the existing scoreboard, but be a new feature.
At the beginning of the month, each persons monthly score is set to 800, and everybody will have cadet rank.
Points are gained and lost in the same way as the existing scoreboard. The player with the most points gained during the month (highest monthly score) gets the MVP of the Month medal.
At the end of the month, all monthly scores are set back to 800 and the process is restarted.

Basically yes.

There would be the Normal scoreboard as we have now, and an MVP scoreboard.

Everyone starts with 1000 each month, and they are calculated throughout the month based on your wins and losses. From what I believe is being suggested, they are scored based on THAT score, not your overall score.

qwert can confirm or deny what I have said if I am correct or not.

(BTW, I did edit your quote, to what is being asked for.... I think)

let see-these will be separate scoreboard, where everybody will start with same number of points(i put 800 points), only what its same its points formula (its same calculation like in main scoreboard),in start of second month, points are restarted and everybody start again with 800 points.
I hope that its clear now.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Andy Jackson on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Advertising edit
Last edited by TheForgivenOne on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Took out advertising
Sergeant Andy Jackson

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 am

what its these??
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:25 am

qwert wrote:what its these??

what is these what?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:23 pm

"by Andy Jackson on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 am

Advertising edit"

these
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:26 pm

qwert wrote:"by Andy Jackson on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:35 am

Advertising edit"

these

Someone was advertising another site in the post, so I edited it out.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: SCOREBOARD-MVP of the Month(page 1)[POLL]

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:54 pm

Seems like a fun thing to add. Qwert, you should talk to the entertainment team before cutesy club gets their attention again. Seriously, though, this suggestion would add some fun for those players (like teachers) who might not have as much time during the school year, but could play a bunch during school vacations and such. As such, they might play to be the player-of-the-month (just like the rest of us.) Again, fun suggestion.

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Re: SCOREBOARD-MVP of the Month(page 1)[POLL] UNSTIKIED WHY?

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:32 pm

""by Queen_Herpes on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Seems like a fun thing to add. Qwert, you should talk to the entertainment team before cutesy club gets their attention again. Seriously, though, this suggestion would add some fun for those players (like teachers) who might not have as much time during the school year, but could play a bunch during school vacations and such. As such, they might play to be the player-of-the-month (just like the rest of us.) Again, fun suggestion.""

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what entertaiming team had with these sugestion-its MVp scoreboard for all active players here,and everybody will be in competition for these medal. But thanks for support

These whas stikied,and now its unstikied, please can someone from Mods explane why its these hepend?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Appears blakebowling is the one that unstickied it. We'll have to wait for him to post his reasoning.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby blakebowling on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:04 pm

I unstickied this thread, along with a few others, because it hadn't seen any progress since early Febuary. If you'd rather have your suggestion submitted as it is, I don't doubt that that would be ok too.
Private blakebowling

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:31 pm

what kind of progress you want? I dont get these. i create sugestion,change several time to get most best option, post a poll, get quite support,and instead to be accepted,and submitted,you think that procces not enough? Can you give me some clue,to know when are sugestion ready for submit? How many support and votes need to get to be accepted?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:44 pm

qwert wrote:what kind of progress you want? I dont get these. i create sugestion,change several time to get most best option, post a poll, get quite support,and instead to be accepted,and submitted,you think that procces not enough? Can you give me some clue,to know when are sugestion ready for submit? How many support and votes need to get to be accepted?

Basically, when a suggestion gets enough backing, it becomes stickied. Once all of the debate has concluded and a general consensus of what the thread is suggesting, then it will most likely be submitted. As I meant to say in my previous post, if you believe the suggestion doesn't need more development, simply say that and I will move it to submitted.
Private blakebowling

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions