Conquer Club

Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Tournament Ideas: Free to a Good Home

Postby Lindax on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:38 pm

sdh wrote:from the tournament handbook:

# The maximum point restriction allowed on a tournament is 2000+ points per player or team average.

Thanks sdh.

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 pm

# The maximum point restriction allowed on a tournament is 2000+ points per player or team average.

why are we not allowed to run tournaments where everyone has at least 1600 points ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby benga on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:50 pm

greenoaks wrote:

why are we not allowed to run tournaments where everyone has at least 1600 points ?

you are it's just that 2000 is the max limit
Sergeant benga

Postby Lindax on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:58 pm

benga wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

lol, thanks benga. ;)

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:31 pm

benga wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

so that should say 2000 not 2000+

i have always been confused by that line, still am :?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Night Strike on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:34 am

greenoaks wrote:
benga wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

so that should say 2000 not 2000+

i have always been confused by that line, still am :?

No, it says 2000+ because you can have a 2000- tournament. You CAN have a 2500- tournament, but not a 2500+ tournament. The + is there to indicate that the tournament is open for anyone over that amount of points. If you wrote it without the +, people may think you have to have that exact number of points to be able to join the tournament.
Major Night Strike

Postby dramo on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:09 am

How about europe....lux, benelux,neth,germ,italy,france ect ect 10 maps or so. Group play, 8 groups of four players, top scorer from each group play in final europe only. I'd love to see no spoils, adjacent, sunny, seq, auto
Cadet dramo

Postby spidey on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:36 am

I'm surprised that we don't have something like the English Premier League and the leagues below it. We would probably need about 100 players in total. they would then be split into 3 groups. the top 1/3, middle 1/3, and bottom third, based on their conquer club rankings. They would play their alloted games in each group. I think the premier league plays each team once and half of them twice. so about 50 games each team in this league. Each season the bottom 3 teams from the top 2 groups get relegated down and the top teams from the lower divisions move up.
I would love have this kind of league in place and would run it myself if I had the time. So if anyone wants to do something like this, then by all means please do so. I can try and help out in anyway that I can.
Winner of UEFA Cup 2007/2008 Tournament
Winner of Points Grabber I & IV
Winner of Satellite for 19th RISKTOC, but was to broke to go.
Highest points 2153, Highest place 474th
Sergeant 1st Class spidey

Postby kabuki.mono on Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:11 pm

Hey guys.
I was wondering if theres ever been a 'Relived Spanish Civil War' tourney, I haven't quite gone into detail as of yet, thought I'd find out if it has been done before screwing around my brain to map it out.
Cheers!
Corporal kabuki.mono

Postby got tonkaed on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Has there ever been a tourney before where you had to win a singles game at each different number of players (ie 8 player, 7 player....etc)?

I think if you had 24 you could do it.

Three 8 player games
Three 7 player games (winners from the last round can play in the 7 player game or play in a separate 3 player game)
Four 6 player games
Four 5 player games (winners from last round could play in a 4 or 2 player game if they chose and agree)
Six 4 player games
Eight 3 player games
Twelve 2 player games

After the cycle finishes, simply repeat until you get a player who has won at each level.

If a player wins a 8 player or 6 player game they could maybe choose another player to take their place as a strategic move or if they need to player a different level.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby Lindax on Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:45 pm

got tonkaed wrote:Has there ever been a tourney before where you had to win a singles game at each different number of players (ie 8 player, 7 player....etc)?

I think if you had 24 you could do it.

Three 8 player games
Three 7 player games (winners from the last round can play in the 7 player game or play in a separate 3 player game)
Four 6 player games
Four 5 player games (winners from last round could play in a 4 or 2 player game if they chose and agree)
Six 4 player games
Eight 3 player games
Twelve 2 player games

After the cycle finishes, simply repeat until you get a player who has won at each level.

If a player wins a 8 player or 6 player game they could maybe choose another player to take their place as a strategic move or if they need to player a different level.

Mmmm.... Interesting concept. I could last the rest of our lives though....

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby benga on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:25 am

kabuki.mono wrote:Hey guys.
I was wondering if theres ever been a 'Relived Spanish Civil War' tourney, I haven't quite gone into detail as of yet, thought I'd find out if it has been done before screwing around my brain to map it out.
Cheers!

No there wasn't, as far I know.(And I know a lot :D )

There aren't so many history based tournaments.

Most are bracket type.
Sergeant benga

Re:

Postby jackkominski21 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Haydena wrote:Yeah, I wanna kick some American *arse*... :twisted:

hahahaha harsh
New Recruit jackkominski21

Postby chapcrap on Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:31 am

If anyone has any tournaments that they would like run, post here and we can try to get a tournament specifically for you!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby fusibaseball on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:16 pm

i would love to see a tournament based on "the hunger games"...read the books, loved them, saw the movie, and loved it too. I would make one on my own but im not sure how to put the concept into the gameplay. If anyone does after reading this, please make sure all games are escalating so I can join, I hate flat rate and no spoils :D
Conqueror fusibaseball

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:41 pm

fusibaseball wrote:i would love to see a tournament based on "the hunger games"...read the books, loved them, saw the movie, and loved it too. I would make one on my own but im not sure how to put the concept into the gameplay. If anyone does after reading this, please make sure all games are escalating so I can join, I hate flat rate and no spoils :D

To be properly done, it would need to allow 5 players to gang up on one.

First way is to simulate the districts.

You could a)single signups place the highest ranked people who join in district 1 together, etc. - this works well at giving the lower numbers better chance at victory
b)single signups - players choose which district they want to represent - this is the story-telling/roleplaying approach, since you will have to intorduce players to the world for this to be a meaningful decision
c)single signups- random placement/not representing districts at all - the most fine tuned for gameplay, but at the sacrifice of story
d)double signups - players join as a team - obviously has some MAJOR implications done the road

I imagine this could work like the mystery door series. (although I think that is the most brilliant tournament design since sexual reproduction, so I always say that) If you are serious about running this, pm me. i would be willing to run it with you or at least help with a lot of the setup.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby fusibaseball on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:52 pm

very interesting and helpful thoughts yoshi, thanks! I think i'm gonna attempt it and see how it goes...i like the idea of putting the highest ranked in district 1 and letting them sign up as dubs or singles (would make for a quick-filled tourney that way).
Conqueror fusibaseball

Postby GreecePwns on Wed May 30, 2012 6:33 pm

I am thinking of running a tournament which something like a large risk game, and would like to gauge interest in it.

There would be a large map split into X number of territories (the tournament would be X players, as well, meaning each player starts with 1 territory). They can launch "attacks" onto 1 adjacent territory. These attacks would be in the form of 1v1 games. If they win, they take over the territory. If they lose, the attack is fought off. The game would be split into individual rounds, like a freestyle risk game.

Start of Round: All players declare their attacks at once (I would give a 2-3 day period for players to declare attacks via PMing me or posting in the tournament's thread). Players would be limited in launching 1 attack per territory owned at the start of the round (in other words, owning 5 territories means you can launch up to 5 attacks that round).

Step 2: I create all the games at once. In each game's chatbox, I note who is the attack and who is the defending player.

Step 3: With each game resolved, the map is updated to reflect the changes in territory. This process is repeated until a winner is decided.

In order to end the tournament in a timely fashion, I would probably want to end the game as soon as one player has a clear majority of the territories.

If two players attack the same territory at the same time, those two and the defending player would play in a 1v1v1 game to decide who controls the territory. The same would apply with any other amount of players.

I would base the actual territories on CC maps of actual cities and/or countries.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby chapcrap on Wed May 30, 2012 6:59 pm

GreecePwns wrote:I am thinking of running a tournament which something like a large risk game, and would like to gauge interest in it.

There would be a large map split into X number of territories (the tournament would be X players, as well, meaning each player starts with 1 territory). They can launch "attacks" onto 1 adjacent territory. These attacks would be in the form of 1v1 games. If they win, they take over the territory. If they lose, the attack is fought off. The game would be split into individual rounds, like a freestyle risk game.

Start of Round: All players declare their attacks at once (I would give a 2-3 day period for players to declare attacks via PMing me or posting in the tournament's thread). Players would be limited in launching 1 attack per territory owned at the start of the round (in other words, owning 5 territories means you can launch up to 5 attacks that round).

Step 2: I create all the games at once. In each game's chatbox, I note who is the attack and who is the defending player.

Step 3: With each game resolved, the map is updated to reflect the changes in territory. This process is repeated until a winner is decided.

In order to end the tournament in a timely fashion, I would probably want to end the game as soon as one player has a clear majority of the territories.

If two players attack the same territory at the same time, those two and the defending player would play in a 1v1v1 game to decide who controls the territory. The same would apply with any other amount of players.

I would base the actual territories on CC maps of actual cities and/or countries.

I like the idea. What if two people try to attack each other?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Lindax on Thu May 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Nice idea, but it has been done various times already.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby GreecePwns on Thu May 31, 2012 2:59 pm

It has? Hmm didn't know that. I have other ideas that I haven't completely ironed out yet.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 31, 2012 5:43 pm

Lindax wrote:Nice idea, but it has been done various times already.

Lx

were they completed or eventually abandoned?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Lindax on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:25 am

greenoaks wrote:
Lindax wrote:Nice idea, but it has been done various times already.

Lx

were they completed or eventually abandoned?

Of the 2 I participated in, one was completed and 1 abandoned. I actually tried to rescue it, it was practically finished, but the 3 remaining players never responded.

I know there have been a few more, but don't know how they ended up.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby gannable on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Torunament Idea

I have an idea for a tournament but I do not want to actually any tournament.

Looking for someone who could possibly run the tournament if they like my idea. I'd help with creating the structure of the tournament but I wouldn't want to deal with the actually task or organization or doing any record keeping.

Basically, Id like to create a polymorph tournament in the structure of a sports league, creating conferences/divisions, with a schedule with home and away games then a post season playoff.
Each player would represent a "team"

I'm thinking for home games each "team" would be allowed to create the game settings/map so each player could play to their strengths, a bit of strategy from game to game

PM if you think this could be an idea
Lieutenant gannable

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:28 pm

gannable wrote:Torunament Idea

I have an idea for a tournament but I do not want to actually any tournament.

Looking for someone who could possibly run the tournament if they like my idea. I'd help with creating the structure of the tournament but I wouldn't want to deal with the actually task or organization or doing any record keeping.

Basically, Id like to create a polymorph tournament in the structure of a sports league, creating conferences/divisions, with a schedule with home and away games then a post season playoff.
Each player would represent a "team"

I'm thinking for home games each "team" would be allowed to create the game settings/map so each player could play to their strengths, a bit of strategy from game to game

PM if you think this could be an idea

PM sent.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Archives