Conquer Club

Rolegift Mafia, All Present

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rolegift Mafia, Day One

Postby karelpietertje on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Do the mafia still get a nightkill, besides knowing who's in their party and thus knowing by Night 2 exactly the gifts they have?
Major karelpietertje

Postby / on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Yeah, the mafia has a night kill. And that's the last that will be said in thread on the matter.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby karelpietertje on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Kindjes die vragen,
worden overgeslagen!

A Dutch rhyme that some of you could listen to! ;)
Major karelpietertje

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Well, that sort of takes away the argument :lol: For now, I'm still keeping my vote on him/her.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby kwanton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Commander9 wrote:
Only mafia roles received PM's and townies didn't, so no one knows his gift.

Unvote. Vote Kwan.

kwanton wrote:i was thinking that too, but the real person who was given the cop gift in that situation could just counterclaim, no? Since roles would change around it's not like scum could aim for the cop or anything.

When I said given, I meant given the gift by another player, not given the ability to give the gift. AFAIK when someone receives a gift from another player they do get a PM saying what gift they got so a counterclaim could happen. Oh the nuances of the english language....

You were a little quick to jump on something there weren't you?

unvote
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:32 pm

kwanton wrote:When I said given, I meant given the gift by another player, not given the ability to give the gift. AFAIK when someone receives a gift from another player they do get a PM saying what gift they got so a counterclaim could happen. Oh the nuances of the english language....

You were a little quick to jump on something there weren't you?

unvote

Of course I was quick - I thought I ousted a scumster. Indeed, now it does says given, but I am almost sure it said something else back then - you might have edited really fast (could be due to being scum and noticing the mistake or could be due to grammatical notice and seeing what it means). Obviously, right now the case is a no go, but I'm keeping an eye ;)

(as far as English goes, it's my 3rd language, so I could have misread it, but I doubt it).
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby kwanton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:33 pm

I'm pretty sure the forum says when someone edits their post....I haven't been on these forums in a while but most others do.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 pm

kwanton wrote:I'm pretty sure the forum says when someone edits their post....I haven't been on these forums in a while but most others do.

Not if you edit it fast enough. I think there's perhaps one minute limit or so, until it shows.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby kwanton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:36 pm

ABWOP: And also, it wouldn't change the text where you quoted me even if I did edit...

Seems like you're grasping at straws now man.

And I used to play enough to know that editing is a big no no. A really big no no.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby kwanton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:41 pm

I'm pretty sure a few people in this game could vouch for me that I would NEVER edit or delete a post. (ga7, fir, skoff, two?)

I don't mind if you're accusing me of something scummy but don't accuse me of breaking the rules thank you.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:44 pm

kwanton wrote:ABWOP: And also, it wouldn't change the text where you quoted me even if I did edit...

Seems like you're grasping at straws now man.

And I used to play enough to know that editing is a big no no. A really big no no.

kwanton wrote:I'm pretty sure a few people in this game could vouch for me that I would NEVER edit or delete a post. (ga7, fir, skoff, two?)

I don't mind if you're accusing me of something scummy but don't accuse me of breaking the rules thank you.

You might have been faster than me there. If you cheat and you're not caught, it's considered being good, but it doesn't mean that there was no cheating.

Look, I don't know if you did and I'm not even accusing you of doing that, but I will not reject that possibility.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby ga7 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Yeah, there's no time limit to editing but I think it's sometimes not shown when there's no reply yet. Either way Kwan wouldn't do that and kinda makes sense :P
Unvote
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby kwanton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:56 pm

So because you're argument fell apart (which you said it did yourself) you immediately suggest it was because of cheating?

Like I said, I don't mind that you thought you saw something scummy and brought it to everyone's attention (even though me, the mod, and the English language refuted your points) but I'm offended that anyone would even suggest that I would cheat.

I want to make it perfectly clear that this next part has nothing to do with the game. Many people here have played several games with me and can assure you that I would never cheat. If CC mafia has turned into a place where cheating and abusing the forum system to edit is common then I don't even think I want to play here anymore. Honestly I'm angry that someone would imply that I cheat. You can think what you want but if you keep slandering me and suggesting that I would do something like that then the mod can just replace me cuz I'm not dealing with that BS.
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:07 pm

kwanton wrote:If CC mafia has turned into a place where cheating and abusing the forum system to edit is common then I don't even think I want to play here anymore.
It hasn't. We all hate it when people do cheat.

I agree that it seems kind of like a low-blow to accuse someone of cheating, especially someone who has played mafia before. I don't see why anyone would assume someone else is cheating unless there is solid proof of it. unvote my joke vote.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:48 pm

kwanton wrote:So because you're argument fell apart (which you said it did yourself) you immediately suggest it was because of cheating?

Like I said, I don't mind that you thought you saw something scummy and brought it to everyone's attention (even though me, the mod, and the English language refuted your points) but I'm offended that anyone would even suggest that I would cheat.

I want to make it perfectly clear that this next part has nothing to do with the game. Many people here have played several games with me and can assure you that I would never cheat. If CC mafia has turned into a place where cheating and abusing the forum system to edit is common then I don't even think I want to play here anymore. Honestly I'm angry that someone would imply that I cheat. You can think what you want but if you keep slandering me and suggesting that I would do something like that then the mod can just replace me cuz I'm not dealing with that BS.

Feisty one, eh? May you please QUOTE me where I have said you've cheated? If you want to pretend to be a victim, please at least specify where you've been hurt. I can also easily start to use swear words to prove my innocence... Oh wait, that doesn't prove anything.

I suggested a possibility that could have happened and someone flips. =D> Well done =D>

I don't think much has changed and I'm pretty sure you're bursting an air bubble, but sure, whatever you'd like. I'd rather be replaced instead of you, but just because you write a few swear words and start misquoting someone will not prove that you are right.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby ga7 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Dude, you hinted at it first then insisted that he could have been fast enough, his reaction is completely understandable. It's quite accepted that anyone caught editing something relevant like that would be blacklisted instantly and is a basic part of mafia ethics, which means any vet player will not do it period. Not one of them is that obsessed with winning to resort to dirty tricks.
Instead of getting your panties in a bunch because he said BS you could maybe admit you were a bit out of line for pushing this argument and drop it...
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Campin_Killer on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:06 pm

vote Com9 for having swords. =D

Never miss RVS
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:06 pm

...and find some scum. One of the things I notice on this setup is that nobody has a good defense for a day 1 lynch. As far as we all know, we could be VT or we could be the cop or what. I know this is unpopular to do, but maybe we should entertain the idea of a no lynch. 1 night actions with people communicating what actions they got might help clear the air and prevent us accidentally shooting ourselves in the foot.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Campin_Killer on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:07 pm

^^ This. The basic defense and pretty much only is, VT. Because we have no gifts yet.
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:19 pm

ga7 wrote:Dude, you hinted at it first then insisted that he could have been fast enough, his reaction is completely understandable. It's quite accepted that anyone caught editing something relevant like that would be blacklisted instantly and is a basic part of mafia ethics, which means any vet player will not do it period. Not one of them is that obsessed with winning to resort to dirty tricks.
Instead of getting your panties in a bunch because he said BS you could maybe admit you were a bit out of line for pushing this argument and drop it...

I wanted to drop it, but it wasn't allowed. I already said that I was wrong and apologized, but I will again state that it was a possibility and I've just mentioned it. I didn't know him and I had no idea about what he does, so I have stated what could have happened. I understood that he probably wasn't a noob from his welcoming party, but I didn't know whether anything had changed during time.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby kwanton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:19 pm

Ok I'm going to be the mature one and apologize to you here comm. I'm sorry I used the word BS, not everyone likes swears. I still think you were out of line suggesting I cheated (which you did) and would appreciate it if you stopped since your accusation is baseless. And thankyou ga7 for defending me. I'm sorry comm again, I forget that not everyone here knows me as well as others and you did not know that I was a vet.

Now let's get back to the game please.

I'm not sure whether or not a no lynch is a good idea. You make a good argument based on mechanics but every iota of my mafia experience screams no lynches on day 1 are bad lol :D (I got reemed for it my first game).

And campin, I might be showing a little bit of my nub side here but could you tell me what RVS means?

Couple pages back, someone posted this:
"Kindjes die vragen,
worden overgeslagen!"
My google skills failed me here haha. Translation/relevance?
Also, a little off topic but I was lovin you Dutch for the last world cup :D. Rooting for you guys from the beginning, Hup Holland Hup! :D
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby Campin_Killer on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:22 pm

RVS is Random Voting Stage.

Kwanton du bist ein Idiot!
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby kwanton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:25 pm

heh thanks
Click the Esoog!
Cook kwanton

Postby ga7 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:29 pm

I didn't get it either from just a net translator but thanks to outside help from a scummy translator that fakes speaking dutch it means something like "Children who beg, will be skipped" ie if you ask for something out of turn in a kidlike fashion you will be ignored. Karel can confirm though cause I don't really trust Flores on that :lol:
Also Revote Kwan rooting for these villains (- Sneijder) (ok - Elia too) is like rooting for mafia, hell scummy :evil:

In all seriousness, it will be very hard to make claiming useful at this point so no lynch might not be a bad idea, seems it could be way more random than usual today else...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby Commander9 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:30 pm

kwanton wrote:Ok I'm going to be the mature one and apologize to you here comm. I'm sorry I used the word BS, not everyone likes swears. I still think you were out of line suggesting I cheated (which you did) and would appreciate it if you stopped since your accusation is baseless. And thankyou ga7 for defending me. I'm sorry comm again, I forget that not everyone here knows me as well as others and you did not know that I was a vet.

Now let's get back to the game please.

I'm not sure whether or not a no lynch is a good idea. You make a good argument based on mechanics but every iota of my mafia experience screams no lynches on day 1 are bad lol :D (I got reemed for it my first game).

And campin, I might be showing a little bit of my nub side here but could you tell me what RVS means?

Couple pages back, someone posted this:
"Kindjes die vragen,
worden overgeslagen!"
My google skills failed me here haha. Translation/relevance?
Also, a little off topic but I was lovin you Dutch for the last world cup :D. Rooting for you guys from the beginning, Hup Holland Hup! :D

I've already apologized and not afraid to do so again. I'm sorry for writing that, although I guess it didn't turn out to mean what I thought it would. My sincere apologies. As I've already stated before, this has no basis (few posts before this post) and I'm not going to pursue, but since there's no one else around just yet, I'll keep the vote here.

As far as no lynch goes, I can do so maths:

There are 14 of us, so it's likely there are 3 to 5 mafia members and or maybe 3-4 mafia and a SK. So, lets just assume there are 4 baddies, so 4/14=29% to get right. Not the best chances, but not the worst either. First day kills are usually rather random anyways, so we might as well try something and perhaps stumble into something. I'm fine either way, but probabilities of getting a scumster aren't that bad, IMHO.

Slash, how do we know our victory conditions?
Lieutenant Commander9

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives