Conquer Club

Greasemonky Script - Saved Searchs

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: New Greasemonky Script - Saved Searchs

Postby jesterhawk on Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:32 am

I LOVE this script!!

I had a suggestion. I was wondering if we could have an option to "run" the script options without executing the search. This will allow us to be able to make changes and the re-save a new bookmark when there are new maps and such without having to reset everything. I know lazy, but it is a thought. Just a thought.

Thanks for this!!

JH
P.R.Aquilone
pra.aquilone.me
Private 1st Class jesterhawk

Postby AndrewB on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:07 pm

The script fails to work for me.

1. Go to the Game Finder
  2. Select Tournament: "Major+ 2009 Spring Doubles League"
  3. Press "Bookmark Search".
  4. Enter "2009 Spring".
  5. Navigate back to the "Game Finder".
  6. Press "2009 Spring" - Load
  7. The tournament is NOT loaded.
Last edited by AndrewB on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant AndrewB

Postby mpjh on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:08 pm

The script will not save map settings, so you got to select maps all over for each search. Wasup?
Cadet mpjh

Re:

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:19 am

yowzer14 wrote:
Shino Tenshi wrote:Any chance we can get an update to this script to work on the 'Start a Game' page as well? That or a new script?

I think that would be much more useful, as there's a lot more buttons to click when starting my favourite speed game maps.

The script is still very useful as is though, thanks for a great script :)

The script exists but Lack's concern it would create a flood of games, the script was dropped.

I've created one for myself, but Lack asked me not to share.

Is there any chance that tourny organizers could get a hold of this script? It would be extremely helpful, and since it would be used only for tournys, the flood of games would remain the same as before... Just an idea, because I would LOVE that ;)

LB Ninja wrote:how come i cant save tournaments in this? The entire reason was to help me with my tournament

Same with me... It doesn't save the tourny drop-down box, although it saves everything else.
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby chipv on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:48 am

Done, this will now save tourneys and maps.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/41804.user.js
Captain chipv

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 am

chipv wrote:Done, this will now save tourneys and maps.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/41804.user.js

Going to test it out now :) thank you very much :)
EDIT: Works like a charm! :)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Re: Greasemonky Script - Saved Searchs

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Ok, I've installed this, but I don't see any "Bookmark Search" button. I have a "Bookmark Map Rank", but no button for the search.

What am I overlooking?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:15 pm

Woodruff wrote:Ok, I've installed this, but I don't see any "Bookmark Search" button. I have a "Bookmark Map Rank", but no button for the search.

What am I overlooking?

Anyone? No one? Is this thing on?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Calidrmr on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:58 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Ok, I've installed this, but I don't see any "Bookmark Search" button. I have a "Bookmark Map Rank", but no button for the search.

What am I overlooking?

sorry Woodruff

Are you sure it is enabled? Check that, if it isn't, enable it. If that doesn't work, what else do you have installed and what version of Firefox are you running? You can also try uninstalling & reinstalling.

<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Sergeant 1st Class Calidrmr

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:14 am

Calidrmr wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

What am I overlooking?

sorry Woodruff

Are you sure it is enabled? Check that, if it isn't, enable it. If that doesn't work, what else do you have installed and what version of Firefox are you running? You can also try uninstalling & reinstalling.

Yep, it's enabled. I'm running Windows XP with Firefox 3.6.13. My other Greasemonkey scripts (both of which work fine) are Map Rank and Tour Stats.

And this is weird...I uninstalled and re-installed, and now it's not called "Saved Search" or whatever it was called before. Now it's called
"41804". And still not working.

Postby jricart on Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 pm

I have the same issue. Its not working for me anymore.

Mac OSX 10.6
Firefox
Greasemonekey
Clickies
BOB
chatglove
Ready Turns

Thanks.

JRT
Lieutenant jricart

Postby Calidrmr on Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:28 pm

ok guys, little outside my experience, since mine is working fine. Sending a PM to chipv to get the expert involved!

Cheers,
Cali
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.

Postby jricart on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 am

I uninstalled and reinstalled the script and cant get it to work!

Any ideas?

JRT
Lieutenant jricart

Postby Calidrmr on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 am

jricart wrote:I uninstalled and reinstalled the script and cant get it to work!

Any ideas?

JRT

too weird for me!!! chip will get back to you soon, i'm sure!!! the only thing i see is i don't have Tour Stats, and mine is still working. Maybe there is an issue between the two? I doubt it, but it's all i see as a difference between what you have and mine. But try moving Saved Searches above Tour Stats & refresh...just a thought as i remember when BOB and clickies (i think it was clickies) had a similar issue as to the order in the menu...

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:32 am

Calidrmr wrote:too weird for me!!! chip will get back to you soon, i'm sure!!! the only thing i see is i don't have Tour Stats, and mine is still working. Maybe there is an issue between the two? I doubt it, but it's all i see as a difference between what you have and mine. But try moving Saved Searches above Tour Stats & refresh...just a thought as i remember when BOB and clickies (i think it was clickies) had a similar issue as to the order in the menu...

Good thought, since I also am using Tour Stats. But I made the switch, and it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 am

Woodruff wrote:Yep, it's enabled. I'm running Windows XP with Firefox 3.6.13. My other Greasemonkey scripts (both of which work fine) are Map Rank and Tour Stats.

And this is weird...I uninstalled and re-installed, and now it's not called "Saved Search" or whatever it was called before. Now it's called

jricart, when you re-installed it, did it give a different name to it of "41804" like it did to mine?

Postby jricart on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Yep, it's enabled. I'm running Windows XP with Firefox 3.6.13. My other Greasemonkey scripts (both of which work fine) are Map Rank and Tour Stats.

jricart, when you re-installed it, did it give a different name to it of "41804" like it did to mine?

No.
Lieutenant jricart

Postby jricart on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:31 pm

Ok, now its working and here is what I did:

1 - Un-install the script, but also checked the option: "Also Uninstall Associated Preferences"
2 - Then I re-install it again
3 - Turn off all scripts
4 - Move "Saved Search" script to the top of the list
5 - Go to the "Game Finder" page to make it work
6 - Turn On all the scripts again.

It might be some kind of bug with greasemonkey, but at least I found how to make it work.

Thanks.

JRT
Lieutenant jricart

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 am

jricart wrote:Ok, now its working and here is what I did:
1 - Un-install the script, but also checked the option: "Also Uninstall Associated Preferences"
2 - Then I re-install it again
3 - Turn off all scripts
4 - Move "Saved Search" script to the top of the list
5 - Go to the "Game Finder" page to make it work
6 - Turn On all the scripts again.
It might be some kind of bug with greasemonkey, but at least I found how to make it work.
Thanks.

Well done, jricart, this also fixed it for me. Someone should either take a look as to why this is happening or, at the very least, include these directions for installing the script so that it will work.

Postby jricart on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:28 pm

Woodruff wrote:Well done, jricart, this also fixed it for me. Someone should either take a look as to why this is happening or, at the very least, include these directions for installing the script so that it will work.

No problem man, my pleasure!.

JRT
Lieutenant jricart

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:48 am

It looks like there is still a problem with the script - it doesn't seem to work with Tournaments. I set up a saved search for my tournament, and when I run it, it pulls up different tournaments.

Postby ender516 on Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:45 pm

I believe this is because the tournament is recorded in a saved search by its index in the drop-down list. Unfortunately, this changes as tournaments start and end. What I think is needed is for the textual name to be saved, and for that text to be found in the list when the saved search is loaded.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:14 am

ender516 wrote:I believe this is because the tournament is recorded in a saved search by its index in the drop-down list. Unfortunately, this changes as tournaments start and end. What I think is needed is for the textual name to be saved, and for that text to be found in the list when the saved search is loaded.

That makes perfect sense, yes...I agree. Who is the developmental "in charge" individual for this particular script? I'll shoot them a PM and mention it.

Thanks!

Postby chipv on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Sorry, been busy with work but both problems now fixed.

Thanks for the reporting - this was accurate enough to save me a lot of time looking at this, the fixes were quick
as a result.

Just for confirmation - there was indeed a conflict between this script and Tournament Stats, fixed.
Also a fix for saved searches including tournaments is done.

Download new version from same location in head post
Captain chipv

Postby Woodruff on Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:36 pm

chipv wrote:Sorry, been busy with work but both problems now fixed.

Thanks for the reporting - this was accurate enough to save me a lot of time looking at this, the fixes were quick
as a result.

Just for confirmation - there was indeed a conflict between this script and Tournament Stats, fixed.
Also a fix for saved searches including tournaments is done.

Download new version from same location in head post

No sweat - you do great work, chip. Thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives