Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 41: 17-1-11] Happy New Year!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 41: 17-1-11] Happy New Year!

Postby jricart on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:37 am

Happy New Year Comrades! and welcome to the 41st edition of the Dispatch :)

The Newsletter and Entertainment Team started this year working hard to give you the most recent news about Tournaments, Clans, Maps and other information related to Conquer Club.

We hope you can find all this information helpful and interesting for you.

jricart - Newsletter Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

In this issue we say a fond farewell to the elfish_lad whose messages from the bottom of the pit have entertained and informed us for over a year now - good bye elf and thanks, you have been a true asset to the team! Elsewhere TheSaxlad celebrates the off-topics forum which has just racked up one million posts. Victor Sullivan also introduces us to one particular area of that forum - mafia wars.

No Dispatch would be complete without an interview and this week we are speaking to trapyoung, TOFU member, forum regular and much more besides.

From the Pit by elfish_lad
show

SIB, 1,000,000 Posts!!! by TheSaxlad
show

The Scum Insider by Victor Sullivan
show

show: Interrogation of trapyoung

Join This? Or Not! by jleonnn
show: JOIN THIS - OR NOT

Meet the Tournament Winners! by Dukasaur

Greetings and salutations to all! For those who have never encountered me, I'm the new CC Dispatch reporter on the Tournaments beat. My special project is to interview the winners. Here are some of the people I have spoken to:

Vaicius was the winner of the Dungeon Bash ! tournament put together by NotNowKato This three-round tournament pitted 32 players against each other on three Sword & Sorcery themed maps -- Castle Lands, Siege!, and Draknor.

show: Interview with Vaicius

Ubcman64 was the winner of the Prince of Wales 4, hosted by tokle. This is a straightforward 1-on-1 elimination bracket tournament. It is repeated on a regular basis, crowning a new "Prince of Wales" each time.

show: Interview with Ubcman64

aalii and CAPK81 won the 2v2 - Asia tournament hosted by sdh. This is part of a long series of 2v2 tournaments on many different maps. I contacted both of the winners.

show: Interview with aalii
show: Interview with CAPK81

One concluding note: when I volunteered for this project, I offered to interview "all of the tournament winners." How naive I was! I had no idea what a staggering number of tournaments there really are. Now I understand that there is no way I will be able to get to everyone. I intend to publish three or four interviews in every edition of the Dispatch, but even so I will probably only get to talk to about 5 or 10 percent of all the winners. My approach will be partially random and partially targetted. Some will be chosen because of their fame or amazing stats, some will be chosen because I find the tournament that they were in to be unusual or especially interesting, and many will be chosen completely at random. I will pay special attention to those that are winning a tournament for the very first time. If you are looking forward to telling the story of the exciting tournament that you were just in and want to be on my list, please feel free to PM me any time.

Until next time,

Dukasaur.

This month we have a packed issue overflowing with foundry goodness. Sully brings us an update on what maps have been progressing through the foundry as well as a look back at the maps of 2010. The Bison King brings us his final interview with non other than natty-dread. And our series on the military history of the Unites States continues in History 101. For those of you that are artistically inclined you'll want to check out this issues "wanted ads". -- dolomite13

Maps Briefly by Victor Sullivan
show

A Year in Review by Victor Sullivan
show

Map Spotlight: Age of Steam: Trans-Sib 1914 by The Bison King
show

Wanted Ads by Victor Sullivan
show

History 101: USA Part 3 (1945–1990) by Dolomite13
show

Map Surveyors
Want to follow the pulse of Conquer Club's Map Foundry? Join this usergroup and receive notifications when new maps are at key stages of development, and receive advance notifications of Foundry contests or official Foundry projects.

We're indebted this week to the players who have sent us reports on the challenges their clans are involved in for State of Play. There's a lot of great action going on between the clans so it's great to get these updates - if you're playing a clan war and want to send us a rundown for future issues, please send it in to the editor, laughingcavalier.

Less happy on the clan front right now is the amount of heat being poured out in the forums. Over the last year there has been more and more flaming and baiting between clans. Some of it has been very unpleasant indeed. Trash talk can be fun and friendly rivalry can add to the fun of the game. We are taking our clans more seriosuly now and that naturally generates some heat. But some of what's been posted has gone too far. Different people have different opinions on what is friendly rivalry and what is a poisonous attack, but remember the nature of the internet is these things escalate and if you're not careful you can get yourself involved in a slanging match that is good for no-one. Keep a lid on it guys.

Clan League and Conqueror's Cup by laughingcavalier
show

State of Play
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of eddie2. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with eddie2

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to nagerous and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
Lieutenant jricart

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 41: 1.17.11] Happy New Year!

Postby #1_stunna on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:08 pm

trapy is soo silly.
12:17:31 ‹Pixar› im gonna be fappin to that all night long
10:59:12 ‹rhp 1› holy hell... that did it.. I pissed myself
15:15:52 ‹Ace Rimmer› Sackett58, I think I may get some action this weekend
15:16:05 ‹Sackett58› Right hand or left Ace?
Major #1_stunna

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Jeez. I would like to be in a clan with Trap.

He seems nifty.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Q. Specifically which blend of cheeses do you prefer to have with your pasta whilest playing the Conquer Club games?

I usually open crack open a pun-filled forum post by Victor Sullivan whilst I eat my pasta and do some CC moves. I don’t usually put anymore cheese on top of my pasta since I’m slightly lactose intolerant and that would likely overdo it.

I hope reading my pun-filled threads aren't too much of a pun-ishment for you. I fear every time I make a (crazy awshome) pun I'm gonna get pun-ched, like when I met Re-pun-zel and she let down her hare. Needless to say, the hare died from the fall, but it was nice of her to provide me dinner.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:36 pm

Thanks for the mafia plug Victor. You know we could always use some new blood. Now to work on that new game...
Captain safariguy5

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 41: 17-1-11] Happy New Year!

Postby amazzony on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Great issue!
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Postby Campin_Killer on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Why was only one of my interview questions asked?
Upcoming Tournaments
NCAA Football
In the Trenches - 3 in sign-ups
13 Colonies
8 Thoughts
Africa

Highscore

Lieutenant Campin_Killer

Postby chemefreak on Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:31 pm

amazzony wrote:Great issue!

Seconded.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby whitestazn88 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:46 pm

I feel like the million posts article was not very strong. The flow of the article didn't exist. Talking about how off topics is where former flamers just hang out and try to poke fun at some weenies? Jesus... what about spamalot and the longest thread?

You also failed to mention that forum games and mafia weren't even part of off topics until (I don't remember).

And, you forgot to note how some of the best posters ever from off topics have been permanently banned, and how it has gone massively downhill since; all it is now is people putting up stupid articles from foxnews.
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:43 pm

whitestazn88 wrote:I feel like the million posts article was not very strong. The flow of the article didn't exist. Talking about how off topics is where former flamers just hang out and try to poke fun at some weenies? Jesus... what about spamalot and the longest thread?

You also failed to mention that forum games and mafia weren't even part of off topics until (I don't remember).

And, you forgot to note how some of the best posters ever from off topics have been permanently banned, and how it has gone massively downhill since; all it is now is people putting up stupid articles from foxnews.

:(

Well, if you're not happy, apply for a spot on the Dispatch team!
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Master Fenrir on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Q. Will you be joining jakewilliams and jpeter15 at an Orioles game?

Sure, I love watching minor league baseball.

This made me laugh so hard that I peed my pants a little bit.

And by "peed" I mean "shat" and by "a little bit" I mean "on my coffee table."

Awesome interview, Trap. +2 cool points.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Master Fenrir wrote:

Where am I at?
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby josko.ri on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:07 am

I didnt visit this part of forum until now, and didnt even know this exists. great job guys, the CC Dispatch is great thing.
Major josko.ri

Postby laughingcavalier on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:44 pm

josko.ri wrote:I didnt visit this part of forum until now, and didnt even know this exists. great job guys, the CC Dispatch is great thing.

Thanks
Subscribe here to get it dropping into your inbox every issue:
[Subscribe Here] ConquerClub Community Dispatch
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Leehar on Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:37 am

I'm just disappointed that this edition of the dispatch didn't have a catchy title like "Trappy New Year" ;)
Thanks Trap Sr.=D>
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:30 am

Master Fenrir wrote:

actually hilarious
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:43 pm

josko.ri wrote:I didnt visit this part of forum until now, and didnt even know this exists. great job guys, the CC Dispatch is great thing.

Don't get lost on the way back.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Return to Newsletter Issues