Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 42: 8-2-11] eddie & the players

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 42: 8-2-11] eddie & the players

Postby laughingcavalier on Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:27 am

Welcome Comrades to the 42nd edition of the Dispatch :)
This issue we talk to more players than you can throw 6s on an average dice day.
In the main interview, the irrepressible eddie2 overcomes a forum ban to give us some good advice on how to spend our time. He talks straight does eddie, you'll enjoy this.
The prolific HighlanderAttack is in the news right now for his mega-massive 200th Tourney where he plays host to an astoning 2000+ players. We spoke to him when that was just a plan and he had recorded his own 163rd tourney win.
dowian2 tells us what it's like to play and win tourneys.
Tisha may be the first mapmaker to deliver one of the new massively mega-pixelled giant-size maps. She claims graphics are her thing - I say she's pretty darn good at strategy too.
chemefreak and Shaneback tell us their ambitions as they join Team CC to round out the clan directors team, and Incandenza tells us to get cheering for our clans in the Conquerors Cup final.
All this plus authoritative reviews of this month's Conquer Club highlights - reviews of the must-see 5th anniversary videos, updates on changes in the Foundry, mafia games, clan competitions ...
laughingcavalier - Newsletter Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

In this edition of freestyle news, I take a look at and review the videos entered for the 5th anniversary contest, Victor Sullivan continues his new regular feature of The Scum Insider with the latest stories from the mafia games forum and we have an interrogation of one of CC’s ‘problem users’ eddie2 who comes to us fresh from yet another ban.

nagerous

A 5th Anniversary Video Contest - Review by nagerous

show

The Scum Insider by Victor Sullivan

show

show: Interrogation of eddie2

Hello amigos and welcome to a new edition of War Games, where you can find information about CC Tournaments.

In this edition, we have a TPA Update with information about the current scoreboard. Also, we have the second edition of "Meet the Tournament Winners" with interviews with Dowian2 and HighladerAttack.

We are looking for Volunteers to help us in our section, so if you are interested in being part of this excellent group of writers, please send me a PM with general information about yourself.

Thank you, and we'll see you next time.

jricart - Tournament Executive

TPA UPDATE by jrh_cardinal
show: TPA Update

Meet the Tournament Winners! by Dukasaur

Our first talk is with dowian2, the winner of the Travelling the World with my Friends? tournament, organized by ralphcptc. This tourney ran from July 12th 2010 to January 2nd 2011, and was a TPA event. It featured an interesting format where players started out in Quad teams, which then had to split into two Dubs teams, and later split again into singles for the finale.

show: Interview with Dowian2

Highlander Attack won the 2010 CC Nuclear Championship, a tournament originally begun by dr. lucas and rescued by Kinnison. This tournament pitted 24 players against each other, using maps of their choice. The common theme was that all games were nuclear, manual deployment, and foggy.

(I originally conducted the interview with Highlander Attack early in January. At that time, his famous 200th tourney, which he mentions here, was still in the future.)

show: Interview with Highlander Attack

show: Getting Your Own Interview

Good morrow, gents! I am happy to announce that dolomite13 is partially incapacitated due to "unforeseen" circumstances 8-[ , so I am the Foundry Executive for this exciting issue! Given this is my first header for the Foundry section, I'd like you to put things into perspective. The Foundry is the future of Conquer Club - your commenting and input early on in a map's progress can change CC in about 9 months, when the map is finally in Beta. You can impact the future of Conquer Club by simply taking a minute or two to type up your thoughts on the topics of discussion. Want to comment, but you're not sure what's being discussed? No worries! The comment-thirsty mapmaker will always get you up to speed and make you aware of what's currently up for discussion.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm delighted and a half to present you with Issue 42's Foundry section. MarshalNey, who has been caught up in his Cartographer duties for last few issues, is back with a vengeance with two fantastic articles: "Maps Briefly (on Steroids)", informing you of the foundry activity lately, and "Foundry News", explaining all the shenanigans that are going on in Foundry. dolomite's back with Part 4 of his US history article miniseries, and Tisha's in the spotlight this issue, interviewed by yours falsely. Enjoy the fruits of our laboring fingers!

Foundry News by MarshalNey

show

Maps Briefly (on Steroids) by MarshalNey

show

History 101: USA Part 4 by dolomite13

show

Map Spotlight: First Nations of the Americas by Victor Sullivan

show

Click image to enlarge.

Congratulations to all you clan members who earned yourselves an official gold star this week for good behavior.
I wouldn’t say it’s all been sunshine and laughter but it seems there are a good number who agree with the clan editor that we can have more fun by if we all try to get along with each other. So well done to each and every one of you who has sent a message of peace in the forums or bitten your tongue in gamechat and put a funny where a flame could be.

Read on – the Conquerors Cup final is headed toward a climax, the League quarters are in play, clan challenges are underway – and the two newly recruited clan directors share their thoughts on the state of the clans.

Clan League and Conqueror's Cup by laughingcavalier
show

State of Play
show

Interview - new clan directors, Shaneback and chemefreak
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of TheSaxlad. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with TheSaxlad

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to nagerous and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
Major laughingcavalier

Re: CC Dispatch Issue 42 [Issue 42: 8-2-11] eddie & the play

Postby Leehar on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:28 pm

Nice edition, a very well worked edition, tho you do seem to be down on Clan reporters?!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Leehar wrote:Nice edition, a very well worked edition, tho you do seem to be down on Clan reporters?!

We're lacking reporters in every category, unfortunately. It was fun being the substitute Foundry exec for this issue :) though I'm realizing I forgot to sign at the end of my intro...
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby grifftron on Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Q. What is your favourite number and why?

A. 13 because most find it unlucky.

genius! just genius :roll:
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Leehar on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:37 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Leehar wrote:Nice edition, a very well worked edition, tho you do seem to be down on Clan reporters?!

We're lacking reporters in every category, unfortunately. It was fun being the substitute Foundry exec for this issue :) though I'm realizing I forgot to sign at the end of my intro...

Lol, I had to go and check the last interview to determine who it was by ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Return to Newsletter Issues