Conquer Club

Game chat information

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

A way to let teammates know when you post somthing.

Postby Brainalack on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:53 pm

I've noticed that some players don't seem to read the Game Chat, and thats a problam in team games. Also, some(I've done this before) will make a move before looking at the chat. If there was something at the top of the page that let the player know when a teammate made a post that would salve some problems.
Corporal 1st Class Brainalack

Re: A way to let teammates know when you post somthing.

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:58 pm

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Re: A way to let teammates know when you post somthing.

Postby JoshyBoy on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Brainalack wrote:I've noticed that some players don't seem to read the Game Chat, and thats a problam in team games. Also, some(I've done this before) will make a move before looking at the chat. If there was something at the top of the page that let the player know when a teammate made a post that would salve some problems.

I usually Wall Post them... if it's really important. I agree with you though..
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Game chat information

Postby Buda on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:43 pm

My suggestion is simple really,
When playing in team, dubles, triples... sometimes it takes a huge amount of time to your turn and people tend to not even glance at the maps till its their turn so they miss some of team discussion in game chat.
The solution should be same as in forum, if there's new things in chat then its green if not red. It can be done by putting a green/red light or some letters can change color on every game specific in Game Menu->My Games.

This would be good so people (me :) ) don't have to go through all 30+++ games to see if someone wrote something!

Idea is here hope u read it and incorporate it.

Thanks
Captain Buda

Re: Game chat information

Postby Darwins_Bane on Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:09 am

There is already an add-on that does that called chatglove
high score : 2294
02:59:29 ‹Khan22› wouldn't you love to have like 5 or 6 girls all giving you attention?
10/11/2010 02:59:39 ‹TheForgivenOne› No.
Corporal Darwins_Bane

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:16 am

Darwins_Bane wrote:There is already an add-on that does that called chatglove

I hate to sound like a broken record, but there are members who:
-cannot load greasemonkey because of system problems
-are not interested in greasemonkey and scripts
-are bothered by the change in speed when scripts are in use

Personally, with this suggestion it doesn't affect me much, but I see the benefit and would definitely appreciate it if it was incorporated into the site.

Would it be possible to group suggestions that are currently add-ons, scripts, etc, into one place so that the community can voice their concerns for "upgrading" these add-ons, scripts, etc, into the site as part of the site? I know its happening with clickable maps and clickable maps is easily the best one with which to start. Maybe the community could help prioritize which ones would become permanent parts of the site?
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:50 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:
Darwins_Bane wrote:There is already an add-on that does that called chatglove

I hate to sound like a broken record, but there are members who:
-cannot load greasemonkey because of system problems
-are not interested in greasemonkey and scripts
-are bothered by the change in speed when scripts are in use

Personally, with this suggestion it doesn't affect me much, but I see the benefit and would definitely appreciate it if it was incorporated into the site.

Would it be possible to group suggestions that are currently add-ons, scripts, etc, into one place so that the community can voice their concerns for "upgrading" these add-ons, scripts, etc, into the site as part of the site? I know its happening with clickable maps and clickable maps is easily the best one with which to start. Maybe the community could help prioritize which ones would become permanent parts of the site?

Where in his post did he ever say "This is here already, we don't need it on the site."? He was giving the OP the knowledge that it is available as an Add-on.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:14 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Where in his post did he ever say "This is here already, we don't need it on the site."? He was giving the OP the knowledge that it is available as an Add-on.

Which pretty much sounds like "we don't really need this because we already have an add-on to do it".
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby blakebowling on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Which pretty much sounds like "we don't really need this because we already have an add-on to do it".

Understand that it is our job to let people know the other methods available to achieve their result. Lack does not have enough time to add every single feature that is suggested to CC, so we must help determine which of those need to be done, and which can be done without, or can wait to be done later.
Private blakebowling

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:56 am

blakebowling wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Understand that it is our job to let people know the other methods available to achieve their result. Lack does not have enough time to add every single feature that is suggested to CC, so we must help determine which of those need to be done, and which can be done without, or can wait to be done later.

Can we address this part of my post:
"Would it be possible to group suggestions that are currently add-ons, scripts, etc, into one place so that the community can voice their concerns for "upgrading" these add-ons, scripts, etc, into the site as part of the site? I know its happening with clickable maps and clickable maps is easily the best one with which to start. Maybe the community could help prioritize which ones would become permanent parts of the site?"

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:02 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

"Would it be possible to group suggestions that are currently add-ons, scripts, etc, into one place so that the community can voice their concerns for "upgrading" these add-ons, scripts, etc, into the site as part of the site? I know its happening with clickable maps and clickable maps is easily the best one with which to start. Maybe the community could help prioritize which ones would become permanent parts of the site?"

I could find this plausible. I would do it, but I am currently swamped doing other things in real life. It would be like the Medal Suggestions thread. Just Pm me a list of links to threads, and I will create the thread, lock it to prevent posts in it until I have merged everything in there, then unlock it. Or we could have the first post of that thread have a link to every thread with an Add-on - If you want to do it this way, you can create it.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby blakebowling on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:09 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

I could find this plausible. I would do it, but I am currently swamped doing other things in real life. It would be like the Medal Suggestions thread. Just Pm me a list of links to threads, and I will create the thread, lock it to prevent posts in it until I have merged everything in there, then unlock it. Or we could have the first post of that thread have a link to every thread with an Add-on - If you want to do it this way, you can create it.

Don't do a merged thread, that would get way too cluttered. However if you would like to create a thread linking to suggestions that are available as an addon or GM script, I would be happy to sticky it for you (BTW, this was targeted at QH, I know TFO can make threads sticky on his own).
Private blakebowling

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:05 am

blakebowling wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Which gets us back to my point... , the fact that so many of these things are addons means there is a demand. If anything, the fact that an add-on exists should be seen as MORE evidence this is needed to be encorporated within CC itself, not less.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:12 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Which gets us back to my point... , the fact that so many of these things are addons means there is a demand. If anything, the fact that an add-on exists should be seen as MORE evidence this is needed to be encorporated within CC itself, not less.

Yes, but lack has enough on his plate as it is. Worrying about lagging on the server side, bug's that pop up here and there, looking for Suggestions that should be implemented. He doesn't have an infinite amount of time on his hands to do it all.

This would give him insight on which add-on's people want most.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Queen_Herpes on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:50 pm

As to above from TFO and BB, done...check suggs.

Also...here is one other sugg that can be merged with this one:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=129545

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Return to Archived Suggestions