Conquer Club

How often are updates?

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

How often are updates?

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:34 pm

How often are completed tournaments reviewed for medals and move to Completed? If it's been 48 hours, should I send you a PM, or would that just be annoying?
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: How often are updates?

Postby dowian2 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Dukasaur wrote:How often are completed tournaments reviewed for medals and move to Completed? If it's been 48 hours, should I send you a PM, or would that just be annoying?

I'd be patient for awhile longer. They've gotten a lot better about getting things done quickly, but it still sometimes takes a couple of days. As long as you have the winners in the subject line so they realize it's completed, you should have medals fairly soon :)
Major dowian2

Postby Night Strike on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:57 pm

If you posted the winner 48 hours ago, then you've done something wrong like not changing the title or not making a new post in the thread because Steelhorse just did completed tournaments 24 and 29 hours ago. I don't know how much he is on over the weekends, so you have done those things, it'll probably be done on Monday.
Major Night Strike

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:18 pm

Night Strike wrote:If you posted the winner 48 hours ago, then you've done something wrong like not changing the title or not making a new post in the thread because Steelhorse just did completed tournaments 24 and 29 hours ago. I don't know how much he is on over the weekends, so you have done those things, it'll probably be done on Monday.

I did all those things: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=138031.

But okay, I won't panic until late Monday or early Tuesday...:-)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Steelhorse on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Just saw this. I'm a little late to the party, but I'll respond anyhow.

Generally, I check the Ongoing Forum every day for completed tournaments to award medals. Often, I check the forum multiple times a day just so I don't get behind. However, on weekends I often have family obligations which limits my computer time. But, I still try to get them done when I can.

The best thing anyone can do for their tournament is to update their topic with the winners.

ie. "My tournament: Winner(s): "blahblahblah"

This bumps your tourney to the front of the forum and will catch my eye quicker than leaving it buried on Page 8. Hope this helps.

Steel
Lieutenant Steelhorse

Return to Tournament Archives