Conquer Club

Clickable Maps

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clickable Maps

Postby Dako on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 am

natty_dread wrote:Aha! You're one of those guys who keeps the taskbar on the side. What is it with you people? :D

I do not group windows by type and I need to see most of them as I can have a lot opened. Also, quick launch icons and extended datetime display.
Colonel Dako

Postby lackattack on Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:47 am

Dako wrote:Do not know if that has been asked before:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7598/screew.jpg

That is the CM tootip before it gets filled with a message and moved to a country.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Dako on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Ah, I see. Why isn't it hidden before it is populated?
Colonel Dako

Postby bedub1 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Just to let everybody know I'm running BOB 5.1.4, clickable maps 4.7, and everything is working perfectly as normal.
Colonel bedub1

Postby kmhebert on Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:24 pm

Here is something else I don't like, the fortification stage. It picks a terr automatically from which to fort and if you click on an area connected to it, it will fort there. BUT, if you click on a terr not connected to it, THAT terr becomes the "fort from" terr. So you can easily click with left click thinking you are choosing a terr to fort FROM, BUT, you actually just picked a terr to fort TO. And if you are in chained or adjacent, well, too bad, your turn is over and you probably just forted from weak to strong instead of vice versa. In general I find this version has a lot more hesitation, checking, mouse-overing, etc, to be sure and it is just not quite up to par as an interface.

Since I have been all negative so far let me add, I think you all did a pretty good job with this and with JUST a little more tweaking it will be awesome.
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby lackattack on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Dako wrote:Ah, I see. Why isn't it hidden before it is populated?

It is now ;)
Sergeant lackattack

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:09 pm

kmhebert wrote:Here is something else I don't like, the fortification stage. It picks a terr automatically from which to fort and if you click on an area connected to it, it will fort there. BUT, if you click on a terr not connected to it, THAT terr becomes the "fort from" terr. So you can easily click with left click thinking you are choosing a terr to fort FROM, BUT, you actually just picked a terr to fort TO. And if you are in chained or adjacent, well, too bad, your turn is over and you probably just forted from weak to strong instead of vice versa. In general I find this version has a lot more hesitation, checking, mouse-overing, etc, to be sure and it is just not quite up to par as an interface.

Since I have been all negative so far let me add, I think you all did a pretty good job with this and with JUST a little more tweaking it will be awesome.

You can use the right button to select the "fort from" territory. I think it's pretty consistent.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Sea Devil on Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:10 pm

I followed all your instructions-downloading firefox ect. and I still have many issues. While in the middle of an attack sequence, it was suddenly halted and I had to reinforce and end my turn. I didn't click "END ASSAULTS" and this happened anyway. Game #8544917 in round 18. I was going to win that game, but now winning is very doubtful. When I purchased my membership, I did so because I enjoyed playing the game. Now, with all the unintentional moves, because of this new program, i'm not enjoying playing C.C. I would not have purchased a membership if I knew these changes were comming. I'm requesting a refund of my membership.
Major Sea Devil

Postby Dako on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:02 am

countluckner wrote:I followed all your instructions-downloading firefox ect. and I still have many issues. While in the middle of an attack sequence, it was suddenly halted and I had to reinforce and end my turn. I didn't click "END ASSAULTS" and this happened anyway. Game #8544917 in round 18. I was going to win that game, but now winning is very doubtful. When I purchased my membership, I did so because I enjoyed playing the game. Now, with all the unintentional moves, because of this new program, i'm not enjoying playing C.C. I would not have purchased a membership if I knew these changes were comming. I'm requesting a refund of my membership.

Do you use any tools for CC? Maybe BOB or something else?

Also, what browser do you use?
Colonel Dako

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:35 am

okay so now whats up with the dam clickies???? i was fine with the small squares but now its HUGE squares and i tottaly dont like the huge squares
Cook basic_man2010_20

Postby Calidrmr on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:16 pm

basic_man2010_20 wrote:okay so now whats up with the dam clickies???? i was fine with the small squares but now its HUGE squares and i tottaly dont like the huge squares

have you changed anything? what browser are you using? if you are using Firefox, which version and any greasemonkey scripts installed? for now, you can turn off the squares (indicators) by
lackattack wrote:...If the indicators around the selected regions are obstructing your view of the map, you can click on [indicators] in the game to toggle them. There is also an option to make them hidden by default on the Game Settings page.
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Sergeant 1st Class Calidrmr

Postby karel on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:28 pm

how can we get rid of this lame shit...i hate it....why do i have to use something that i dont care to use...so lame
Private 1st Class karel

Postby king achilles on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:23 am

lackattack wrote:...If you don't want to use clickable maps, you don't have to. The Action panel is still fully functional.

If the indicators around the selected regions are obstructing your view of the map, you can click on [indicators] in the game to toggle them. There is also an option to make them hidden by default on the Game Settings page...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=139717
Please don't have more than 1 account. If you have any CC concerns, you can contact us here.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby Gogatron on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:00 pm

I understand that you're saying "you don't have to use click-able maps if you don't want to"....

But really you're lying, you do HAVE to use them. Even if you use the drop down box for everything, if you press the scroll button down over the map to scroll down your page; your turn starts.
That is just ridiculous, if there is no way to turn this feature off soon I will be leaving your site for a different one as this feature has already ruined many of my turns.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
Lieutenant Gogatron

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:02 pm

Gogatron wrote:I understand that you're saying "you don't have to use click-able maps if you don't want to"....

But really you're lying, you do HAVE to use them. Even if you use the drop down box for everything, if you press the scroll button down over the map to scroll down your page; your turn starts.
That is just ridiculous, if there is no way to turn this feature off soon I will be leaving your site for a different one as this feature has already ruined many of my turns.

Are you clicking your scroll wheel, or just scrolling your scroll wheel?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Gogatron wrote:I understand that you're saying "you don't have to use click-able maps if you don't want to"....

How about this: don't press the scroll button over the map.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Gogatron on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:21 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Are you clicking your scroll wheel, or just scrolling your scroll wheel?

I like being able to click the wheel in and just move my mouse to scroll but I don't now as that ruins shit. Even just scrolling around, my mouse button clicks down sometimes if I don't concentrate on not pressing it down.

natty_dread wrote:
How about this: don't press the scroll button over the map.

so your basically damning anyone whos scroll button clicks in very easily and forcing them to pay attention every single time they touch their mouse when its over a CC page. I don't play this to dance delicately around a UI that lends itself to mishaps...

:-$

How about this: make it truly optional

My point is, before click-able maps there was pretty much a single spot(or two) on a conquer club page where one had to pay attention to clicking...Now there are many and they move around.

Am I the only one who has accidentally double clicked and dropped everything on a single territory already?
Lieutenant Gogatron

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:54 pm

Gogatron wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Are you clicking your scroll wheel, or just scrolling your scroll wheel?

I like being able to click the wheel in and just move my mouse to scroll but I don't now as that ruins shit. Even just scrolling around, my mouse button clicks down sometimes if I don't concentrate on not pressing it down.

It sounds like the mouse is wearing out if you scroll and it will click on its own. If you like to click the scroll wheel and bring up the 'Lock-Scroll' are you able to do so on either the left, above, below, or the right of the map?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Gogatron on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:37 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:It sounds like the mouse is wearing out if you scroll and it will click on its own. If you like to click the scroll wheel and bring up the 'Lock-Scroll' are you able to do so on either the left, above, below, or the right of the map?
--Andy

lol maybe my mouse is a bit old but I promise I'm not the only one having this problem.

Yes that works(but somewhat useless for me as I use large maps which take up pretty much the whole screen), this is not a complaint about functionality not working. It works the way you intended it to I just think it's bad to have such a important function like starting a turn attached to something so often used for other things...

You've had many requests to make a true option for this, is it really that hard to **have an option to** go back to how it worked before?

**edit for clarification
Lieutenant Gogatron

Postby MrGlassB on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:40 pm

As I've already stated in this thread, having a master switch for each player to turn the feature on and off is not difficult to code. I'm still surprised that it wasn't part of feature development in the first place. The fact that the script is being loaded regardless of the player using it or not is reason enough to add a switch. That's a decent amount of wasted bandwidth.

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Postby go dan m on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:45 pm

As a premium member of CC, I would like this to be an OPTION as opposed to the intrusion it seems to be.

Mea culpa - I don't have the time or fortitude to pore over the forums for info about my circumstance. Please forgive me if there's anything I say that might be addressed already. I'm happy to be directed to relevant posts if anyone is so inclined.

I'm a mac user, and a BOB user. It's the primary reason I use firefox. BOB made CC a lot more fun IMHO.

The clickable maps seem to interfere with the BOB functionality that I am used to. I like know what color and how many armies I'm up against when I select an "attack from" location.

I can't seem to integrate this new development into my playing on any of the machines - desktop or laptop - I regularly use. Am I getting to old for this?

I really want to keep supporting CC. Any thoughts?

--

go dan m
Corporal 1st Class go dan m

Postby QoH on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:51 am

Try switching to Chrome? BOB and CM (the add on) work fine, over riding the site clickable maps. I don't know if its the issue in FF or not.
Major QoH

Postby Maert on Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:59 pm

I regularly check in on my games on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S, using Darky Rom 9.2 - modded rom from Android 2.2, standard internet browser for that OS)

When I type in the game chat (regular duties in team games), whenever I type an 'n' it loads my next playable game. And the shortkey for starting a turn (not sure which one it is) makes me start my turn, even though Id want to wait till I get feedback or find a PC.

I would like to be able to turn these new things off, so I can inform my teammates without auto-starting and going to new maps if I dont want to. The buttons work fine.
I couldnt find this in the settings, maybe I didnt look close enough? If I can change it in the settings: could someone please tell me where I can find it? And if it isn't in yet: could it please be put there?

I didn't have the time to read the entire forum, so I hope this is not a repost.
Major Maert

Postby king achilles on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:30 am

Maert wrote:I regularly check in on my games on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S, using Darky Rom 9.2 - modded rom from Android 2.2, standard internet browser for that OS)

When I type in the game chat (regular duties in team games), whenever I type an 'n' it loads my next playable game. And the shortkey for starting a turn (not sure which one it is) makes me start my turn, even though Id want to wait till I get feedback or find a PC.

I would like to be able to turn these new things off, so I can inform my teammates without auto-starting and going to new maps if I dont want to. The buttons work fine.
I couldnt find this in the settings, maybe I didnt look close enough? If I can change it in the settings: could someone please tell me where I can find it? And if it isn't in yet: could it please be put there?

I didn't have the time to read the entire forum, so I hope this is not a repost.

Just to be clear, you were using your phone when you were typing in the game chat? (Samsung Galaxy S, using Darky Rom 9.2 - modded rom from Android 2.2, standard internet browser for that OS)
Please don't have more than 1 account. If you have any CC concerns, you can contact us here.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby Maert on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:49 am

king achilles wrote:
Maert wrote:I regularly check in on my games on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S, using Darky Rom 9.2 - modded rom from Android 2.2, standard internet browser for that OS)

Just to be clear, you were using your phone when you were typing in the game chat? (Samsung Galaxy S, using Darky Rom 9.2 - modded rom from Android 2.2, standard internet browser for that OS)

Yes, I was using the mobile browser of my phone. No problems on my PC (using firefox 3.6.15)
Major Maert

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives