Conquer Club

Noo Munegimeet

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Noo Munegimeet

Postby Mr_Adams on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:16 am

General Roy wrote:
mr. CD wrote:Awesome joke, loved to work out what the words meant. And to all complaining bob-users, if you can't play without it, you shouldn't use it. It's way more fun without anyway.

So what you say is: if you can't play without BOB, get out'a here, as we don't want you here? After all, if one cannot play without it, how can it be more fun without it? That to me is a contradiction if ever I saw any.

And by the way, the Swedish Chef is supposed to speek Swedish, not Double Dutch.

I think the point is don't use tools you get addicted to.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby General Roy on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 am

So a lame person should not use a wheel chair (would get addicted to it), for instance.

People are different, and some people need help, others do not.
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby Paddy The Cat on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:37 pm

General Roy wrote:So a lame person should not use a wheel chair (would get addicted to it), for instance.

People are different, and some people need help, others do not.

people NEED wheelchairs because they NEED to move.

Nobody anywhere NEEDS to play CC.
Sergeant 1st Class Paddy The Cat

Postby lagger-no-1 on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:50 am

OK YOU GOT ME,LOL
Corporal 1st Class lagger-no-1

Postby Jippd on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Mr_Adams wrote:
General Roy wrote:
mr. CD wrote:Awesome joke, loved to work out what the words meant. And to all complaining bob-users, if you can't play without it, you shouldn't use it. It's way more fun without anyway.

So what you say is: if you can't play without BOB, get out'a here, as we don't want you here? After all, if one cannot play without it, how can it be more fun without it? That to me is a contradiction if ever I saw any.

And by the way, the Swedish Chef is supposed to speek Swedish, not Double Dutch.

I think the point is don't use tools you get addicted to.

I think that the point is that BOB is pretty much endorsed by conquer club. There is a forum called tools and enhancements...under there there is a special section for available tools and enhancements. Inside there is a thread called bob that is started and regularly replied to by tech contributors. These tech contributors get a special title and color for their name. They are called volunteers, but they are volunteers that are specifically selected by the conquer club 'management'. Not anyone can be a tech contributor or is a tech contributor. Therefore the company (conquer club) that selects and picks these volunteers assumes responsibilities for their actions.

That being said.

This company decided to make a choice which they thought was funny. In trying to see if other people thought it was funny I posted a poll. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=141615 49 % of respondents did not think that it was funny and were negatively impacted by the decision. The mods/management whatever you want to call them made a change that negatively impacted what was known and endorsed gameplay. Despite complaints they did not respond or address their customer issues.

What about that screams good customer service? Or what argument can anyone make for why paying customers when unsatisfied with the good/service provided by a company should not have the right to complain? If you are going to reply to that I hope you are someone that has never complained/gotten upset at a company for their actions in the past.
Major Jippd

Postby Jippd on Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:11 pm

A quote from the community guidelines:

"Don't be intentionally annoying!

Common sense prevails - if you are intentionally or continually making this community less enjoyable for others, you're going to be removed from it. It's that simple. This applies to any part of the site where interaction takes place; in Forums, Private Messages, Live Chat and Game Chat."

This also intentionally annoyed a lot of people I would say
Major Jippd

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:44 pm

How about we just don't do anything fun ever again? Or add any new improvements. Because hey, it may mess up an Add-on. Who wants fun things anyways?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Jippd on Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:12 pm

I have no problem with something fun. The point was it was not fun for all...not even a majority. Do you not agree that it would have been better if a majority of the people think that it is funny?

And improvements are exactly that...improvements. Again great idea. But an IMPROVEMENT is a lot different from something thought up by the management as a gag.
Major Jippd

Postby drunkmonkey on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:36 pm

The majority of users:
a) don't use the forums
b) don't post their praises every time something pleases them
c) don't whine incessantly when they don't like something

I don't think anyone can make an accurate assessment of how the majority of users felt about the changes.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:29 pm

51 percent found it funny.... Thats a majority....
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:23 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:51 percent found it funny.... Thats a majority....

51 percent of people that answered the poll found it funny, not 51 percent of users. :D

It could be assumed that the majority of people who would answer a poll, are more likely to find humor in it thus giving a bad sample of data as the numbers are skewed in favor of people finding this funny.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:47 am

patrickaa317 wrote:

51 percent of people that answered the poll found it funny, not 51 percent of users. :D

It could be assumed that the majority of people who would answer a poll, are more likely to find humor in it thus giving a bad sample of data as the numbers are skewed in favor of people finding this funny.

Come again??!
Are you a political animal that likes to disregard polls just because they outcome is not to their liking? I would assume most people say no on a poll if they are truely annoyed. Most people do not respond to a poll, I agree, but if you have no strong feelings either way, why should you care. Those that care do vote on the poll. Apparently the group that is pro is slightly larger then the cons. Any other conclusion would be a facepalm.. lol
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby mr. CD on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:43 am

General Roy wrote:

Because if you play without it you'll learn to play a map, instead of just following what BOB says. I'm not saying you should go away, I'm saying a good player shouldn't fully rely on BOB. If you can't play without BOB, you should learn how to play without it.
Lieutenant mr. CD

Postby neanderpaul14 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:00 am

OK, so by your reasoning if you can't dig a foundation hole without an excavator then you shouldn't be digging one? Ummmmmm.......I could dig a foundation hole with a teaspoon, but I'd rather do it with an excavator.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby natty dread on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:14 am

I'm still baffled that so many people seem to think that the functionality of BOB, an add-on created and maintained by a user, is somehow the site admin's responsibility.

The same thing with the clickies... people complaining at the site because their old clickymap add-on didn't work...

Doesn't anyone see the fundamental fallacy in this?

Let's say that I'm developing a freeware game that is really popular. Someone comes up with a hack for my game that adds some functionality that makes it easier to play. Then I release a new version of my game, and the hack no longer works on it. Do you think most of the players of my game would be complaining to me that someone else's hack no longer works on my game?

It just doesn't make any sense.

Oh well, I guess some people just love complaining...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:10 pm

SirSebstar wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:

Come again??!
Are you a political animal that likes to disregard polls just because they outcome is not to their liking? I would assume most people say no on a poll if they are truely annoyed. Most people do not respond to a poll, I agree, but if you have no strong feelings either way, why should you care. Those that care do vote on the poll. Apparently the group that is pro is slightly larger then the cons. Any other conclusion would be a facepalm.. lol

I'm just saying with it being 51-49 percent, you can't really call it either way as there is probably a margin of error of about 10% with how the poll results were gathered. A majority of people that answered the poll felt a certain way, not a majority of users.

Plus my comment was just picking on Kooler a little bit as I know him, it wasn't meant to be taken as literal as you took it. Are you some kind of forums animal or something? ;)
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Previous

Return to Announcement Archives