Conquer Club

Clickable Maps

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clickable Maps

Postby CJ Lues on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:06 am

This clickable maps is awesome!!! Thanx Guys! :D
Although i do have a problem... when i go onto "Enter Game" on my Cell phone, it doesnā€™t want to lode the map (it used to work before the update) :?

It works perfect on my PC!!!

Thanx Again!!! =D>
Sergeant CJ Lues

Location: I love a good plan, and i just love it when a plan comes together!

Postby kmhebert on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 am

OK I am officially done with this, I want it to go away and never use it again. One errant right click and a winnable game was lost:

Game 8677296

I want to shut this off. How do I shut this off?

Kevin
Sergeant kmhebert

Postby MrGlassB on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:28 pm

kmhebert wrote:I want to shut this off. How do I shut this off?

You can't. :) You can only "not use it."

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Postby catnipdreams on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:19 pm

I accidentally did something to "Begin turn" in one of my team games today when I only wanted to leave notes in team chat, and I strongly suspect I inadvertently accessed the clickable maps begin turn option in some way... I (and undoubtedly my poor teammates!) would really appreciate some kind of (optional) double check option for starting a game... Like a pop up box that says "do you really want to begin turn?" I'm sure this would not be something that everyone would want, but it would be great for fumble fingered folks like me who play team games...
Major catnipdreams

Postby banana_hammocks on Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:17 am

Please Please Please, make this optional. I have had the same problem as others, by begining turns, attacking wrong places/forting incorrectly etc.

I tried Clickable maps when it was an optional add-on and decided that while it was a good idea and I could see the benefits but that it was not for me so I uninstalled it. Now I am being forced to use it.

Organizer of Quick and Simple Tournament 1,2,3, Friends Close, Enemies Closer Tournament 1+2, CCC Tournament,All Holds Bar
Captain banana_hammocks

Postby natty dread on Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:30 am

catnipdreams wrote:Like a pop up box that says "do you really want to begin turn?"

:-s no.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby catnipdreams on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:29 am

That is why I said "Optional" - like a setting that each person could choose to activate, or not, for all of their games (I don't know the correct term for it - "account setting"? "global setting"?); those who wanted the begin turn confirmation would always get it in all their games, those who did not would never see it...
Major catnipdreams

Postby owenshooter on Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:26 am

catnipdreams wrote:I accidentally did something to "Begin turn" in one of my team games today when I only wanted to leave notes in team chat, and I strongly suspect I inadvertently accessed the clickable maps begin turn option in some way... I (and undoubtedly my poor teammates!) would really appreciate some kind of (optional) double check option for starting a game... Like a pop up box that says "do you really want to begin turn?" I'm sure this would not be something that everyone would want, but it would be great for fumble fingered folks like me who play team games...

Horrible idea... Why don't you just disable them on the right of the map like I do every time I log in to take turns? Your mistake is not reason enough for the entire site to deal with "Dummy POPS".-the black jesus
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby catnipdreams on Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:29 pm

I do have them disabled - i still managed to accidentally begin my turn when I didn't want to... I must not be making myself clear - I understand that not everyone wants to have a "begin turn" confirmation - that is why I am suggesting that having it be turned on be optional. If it was implemented, it could default to "no", so folks like yourself who do not want it would not only never see it, you wouldn't even have to set it to "no" when it first became available. People who want it (me!!!) could then opt in, set it to "yes", and get a confirmation box...
Major catnipdreams

Postby paulk on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:11 pm

have not played in a few months and coming back starting a game and taking my turn I click on the map and my troops are placed totally f***ed up.

HELLOOOOOO????? - how about using your big head instead of the little one and letting people that don't want to start their "comeback" with reading all the f***ing news see an ALERT WARNING THEM their settings are a bit messed up??? I mean HOW HARD CAN IT BE????
Major paulk

Postby Gogatron on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:02 am

I think the clear solution is just to make an option in game settings that is initially set to off..

one click and you don't ever have the check the box again if you want it on...
no clicks and it's worked same as ever.

EDIT - Can we get some mod feedback on if this can happen since it's clearly ticking people off...
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
Lieutenant Gogatron

Postby Keredrex on Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:10 pm

even though i have messed up a turn a few times because of this I still love the clickable maps ... good job guys. considering the problems ive heard could it be optional like how map size and color codes work, with the ability to turn it on or off per map.
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby paulk on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Ok, now I have tried the "built-in" version of clickable maps and as a self employed web master and programmer myself (since 1996), with strong focus on "usability" I question the "flow" of this built-in system compared to the greasemonkey script that I have been using and actually prefer since it is more "natural".

The area of "usability" is vague of course, but 3 things stand out very much and irritate me.
1) The way you click to move troops is always predefined from the country/region/territory that is closest to A, which in my own case has lead to that I have accidentally forted troops from the wrong territory more than once. In comparison, with the greasemonkey script you have to click on the territory you want to send from, or it wont work.
2) With the built-in system you accomplish the same result with more clicks than the greasemonkey script. Why?
3) There is no color coding of the territories, neither my own or others.

Solution.
In my mind the best solution would simply be to copy the way the greasemonkey script works as much as possible. If it's not broken, why fix it? Why implement a new "language" where the first one obviously works?

/Paul
Last edited by paulk on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major paulk

Postby MrGlassB on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:10 pm

paulk wrote:In my mind the best solution would simply be to copy the way the greasemonkey script works as much as possible. If it's not broken, why fix it? Why implement a new "language" where the first one obviously works?

This is the single biggest reason I switched back to the Greasemonkey script. I don't understand why the native implementation would not follow the plugin version as closely as possible, as that is what most everybody that wants to use the feature is already used to. The Greasemonkey script is far more intuitive than the native implementation.

MGB
Lieutenant MrGlassB

Postby Maert on Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:41 am

I just screwed up a clan war game because of thesr fucking shortkeys (was typing in the chat to my team and it caused me to end the turn prematurely).
So once again: make this rubbish OPTIONAL. Great ideas for improvement, but dont force them upon (paying) members. They are doing more harm than good!

FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE!
Major Maert

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:07 am

I use greasmonkey CM and my brother uses the sites built in CM.. both are different but both work fine. It just depends on what you like more.. he never used clickies except for the sites clickies, and he hasn't ever had a problem with it. Maybe you guys are all just so used to the greasemonkey CM.. and if that is the case, use it! I haven't used the sites clickies ever, except for one game. CM still works from greasemonkey, yet everyone only complains..

Thanks for the update lack :)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby Maert on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:39 am

iamkoolerthanu wrote:I use greasmonkey CM and my brother uses the sites built in CM.. both are different but both work fine. It just depends on what you like more.. he never used clickies except for the sites clickies, and he hasn't ever had a problem with it. Maybe you guys are all just so used to the greasemonkey CM.. and if that is the case, use it! I haven't used the sites clickies ever, except for one game. CM still works from greasemonkey, yet everyone only complains..

Thanks for the update lack :)

Great that you love it! But if these new changes become optional you can just continue to play the way you like to, and so can we!
Major Maert

Postby paulk on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:32 pm

My 2 cents.

I must say that the native version of clickies for me was kind of an anticlimax.
Before I found out about the greasemonkey clickies I wondered for a long time why CC hadn't implemented a clickable version of the map.
When it came I was unprepared. I had not been playing for some time and came back and my first impression was that it f-ed up my drop of troops and I wrote a rather angry post about it (see above). Then I updated my BOB and clickies and was able to play. Then I decided to turn off my BOB and clickies to give the native version a serious try. I was not impressed. Not impressed at all.
I suppose they have made it the way it is to function on cellphones and other browsers than Firefox. Sometimes scripts just don't let you do everything you like if it is to work on multiple platforms.

My question is though why they had to make it so damn un-intuitive.
Too many clicks to get to the result you want.
Default markings of territories make it easy to attack or fort from the wrong area.
If you are used to the greasemonkey script it renders different actions than you are used to.

All in all it seems like too many people are unhappy with the result.
My question is who will do something to make it right and when?
I'd love to see some kind of response from the programmer(s) responsible for this. Nothing is more annoying than lack of response.
Major paulk

Postby Gogatron on Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:33 pm

Nothing is more annoying than lack of response.

QFT
Lieutenant Gogatron

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:40 pm

Gogatron wrote:I think the clear solution is just to make an option in game settings that is initially set to off..

one click and you don't ever have the check the box again if you want it on...
no clicks and it's worked same as ever.

EDIT - Can we get some mod feedback on if this can happen since it's clearly ticking people off...

yes, here I am, no this is not suggestions..But i can't really tell when what is going next, ii'll kick it upstairs if you would start a suggestions form please..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Gogatron on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:00 pm

suggestion forum! http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=143726
Everyone who voiced concerns please take it to that thread.

Thanks
Lieutenant Gogatron

Postby king achilles on Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Maert wrote:I just screwed up a clan war game because of thesr fucking shortkeys (was typing in the chat to my team and it caused me to end the turn prematurely).
So once again: make this rubbish OPTIONAL. Great ideas for improvement, but dont force them upon (paying) members. They are doing more harm than good!

FIX THIS ASAP PLEASE!

viewtopic.php?p=3108959#p3108959

Could you provide us more details about this? Is this still connected with the android program?
Please don't have more than 1 account. If you have any CC concerns, you can contact us here.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby karelpietertje on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:30 pm

Haters gonna hate...
Major karelpietertje

Postby shearer on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:23 pm

okay, so 19 pages in this thread, definitely do not have the time to sit there and read ALL of them, but is there a way yet to disable the keyboard shortcuts all together? I keep misclicking when trying to type a "3" for example and hitting E which then ends my turn. VERY frustrating and has cost me quite a few games now due to missing the opportunity to take someone out by prematurely ending my turn.

I'm hoping a developer or someone else who has participated in this lengthy thread can help clear this up for me :) or if it is something coming up on a future update. thanks all :)
Sergeant 1st Class shearer

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:09 pm

I believe you can turn the markers off, but not the hotkeys. One way to remedy this is to click on the game chat text box, so you type there instead of activating a hotkey when you accidentally hit a key.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives