Conquer Club

See how it looks from other player's eyes in FOW

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

See how it looks from other player's eyes in FOW

Postby Herbas on Sat May 14, 2011 4:41 am

Hi,
is there any tool/script which would quickly show which of my lands are visible to my opponents in FOW games?
Colonel Herbas

Re: See how it looks from other player's eyes in FOW

Postby sherkaner on Sat May 14, 2011 5:10 am

This is impossible to do actually, since on some maps you can't be sure what an opponent can see. The closest thing at the moment is BOB, if you hover over your own name it shows which territories are safe (a square around the amounts) or probably not (2 lines, above and below) if you have map inspect on.
Safe just means that no opponent controls a land that can directly attack/bombard it.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby JoshyBoy on Sat May 14, 2011 6:12 am

Herbas wrote:Hi,
is there any tool/script which would quickly show which of my lands are visible to my opponents in FOW games?

Obtain their password and log in as them.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby Herbas on Sat May 14, 2011 6:27 am

sherkaner wrote:This is impossible to do actually, since on some maps you can't be sure what an opponent can see. The closest thing at the moment is BOB, if you hover over your own name it shows which territories are safe (a square around the amounts) or probably not (2 lines, above and below) if you have map inspect on.
Safe just means that no opponent controls a land that can directly attack/bombard it.

Thanks for info. Well, yes, I didn't expect to see things that I'm not supposed to see. Just sometimes when there are a lot of adjacent lands with my opponents, it is sometimes difficult to see which of my lands are visible by one or another player (or team).
I guess it would be fairly easy to develop such script :)
Colonel Herbas

Postby SirSebstar on Sun May 15, 2011 6:15 am

Herbas wrote:
sherkaner wrote:This is impossible to do actually, since on some maps you can't be sure what an opponent can see. The closest thing at the moment is BOB, if you hover over your own name it shows which territories are safe (a square around the amounts) or probably not (2 lines, above and below) if you have map inspect on.

Thanks for info. Well, yes, I didn't expect to see things that I'm not supposed to see. Just sometimes when there are a lot of adjacent lands with my opponents, it is sometimes difficult to see which of my lands are visible by one or another player (or team).
I guess it would be fairly easy to develop such script :)

sherkaner just told you this is a feature in the current bob. However this might be incomplete since you can never be sure what the opponant see;s if there are e.g. long ranged lands (like tanks or horses) or bombardment sites, what you do not control nor see.
just hover over you name in a game. any area that has a square around it is NOT adjecent to an opposing team.(but remember the limitations, what you cannot see, bob does not know)
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby ScavengerType on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:56 am

don't forget that bob allows you to see which territories in your vision what opponents hold by holding your cursor over their name. Are you saying you would like a script that would change the territories you control on sites that are not visible to turn a different colour from any of the user colours or something? Couldn't be too hard.
Sergeant ScavengerType

Return to Tool Archives