Conquer Club

Recent updates fixed

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Recent updates fixed

Postby lackattack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:49 am

Dice Stats

You can now select the neutral player as opponent when filtering dice stats.

Finding Tournament Games

There were problems with the partial match field, you had no way of confirming which tournaments would match your search query and you might be matching more tournaments than expected. So, I replaced it with a popup version of the tournament finder. Now you can match a tournament based on several criteria and you know exactly which tournament you are matching games with.

The game finder is also automatically pre-loaded with active tournaments for TOs for quick lookups.

The [find games] links in the original tournament finder now take you to the game finder with the tournament already selected for you.

Clickable Maps

Fixed a bug where the mouse wheel and hotkeys would change quantity when deploying deferred troops. When you deploy deferred troops, you must always deploy them all!
Sergeant lackattack

Re: Recent updates fixed

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:54 am

Love the tourney option, well done!
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby mr. CD on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:56 am

Totally agree with jakewilliams. Thanks for listening and fixing <3
Lieutenant mr. CD

Postby Tupence on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:57 am

Am I missing something? Now the tournament field in the game finder is literally completely useless; there are no tournaments to choose from and you can't type anything...
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:59 am

Tupence wrote:Am I missing something? Now the tournament field in the game finder is literally completely useless; there are no tournaments to choose from and you can't type anything...

You click on the link, enter you search criteria, select from the results, and then your selection gets populated into Game Finder.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Tupence on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:00 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
Tupence wrote:Am I missing something? Now the tournament field in the game finder is literally completely useless; there are no tournaments to choose from and you can't type anything...

You click on the link, enter you search criteria, select from the results, and then your selection gets populated into Game Finder.

--Andy

Thanks Andy, but this is still MUCH slower than before. Seriously, what the f*ck was wrong with how it was?

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:02 am

lackattack wrote:Finding Tournament Games

Due to problems with the partial match field, we replaced it with a popup version of the tournament finder.

the popup version has nothing in it and i can't type into it to find anything either.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Serbia on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:02 am

AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

I still don't like it. It's the same as the "fix", only even more stupid.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:09 am

AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

you type too fast for me :oops:

i tried what you said, it worked fine. it just seems rather :?

it is unlikely i'll use it much. i have typed out a list of all the tournament's names i search so i can copy/paste the exact name into the partial field. my workaround feels better/more natural than this compromise.

thx for trying.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:10 am

I have to say, I'm not a fan of the new Tournament Finder either. Can't you just put the old drop-down and the new "partial match" box on the page, so we can use either?
Major drunkmonkey

Postby phantomzero on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:10 am

Thanks for the updates.

Arggggg with the tournament update however. I would love a hybrid of how it was last week and how it was last year. Leave the big dropdown list with all tournaments and have the partial match deal. Right now there's an empty drop down list? What good is that?
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby phantomzero on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:11 am

drunkmonkey wrote:I have to say, I'm not a fan of the new Tournament Finder either. Can't you just put the old drop-down and the new "partial match" box on the page, so we can use either?

Great minds think alike!
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby Night Strike on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:14 am

drunkmonkey wrote:Can't you just put the old drop-down

That wasn't an option due to the drop-down adding many more kilobytes to the game finder page making it much slower to load (plus the extra bandwidth to transmit that information on every game finder call).
Major Night Strike

Postby lackattack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:32 am

UPDATE

The select field is now hidden when empty to avoid confusion.

The [find games] links in the original tournament finder now take you to the game finder with the tournament already selected for you.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:32 am

Night Strike wrote:

That wasn't an option due to the drop-down adding many more kilobytes to the game finder page making it much slower to load (plus the extra bandwidth to transmit that information on every game finder call).

I didn't realize that, but it makes sense.

Honestly, the new system isn't so bad once you start using it. It looks much better now that the empty drop-down is gone.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Tupence on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:39 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

I didn't realize that, but it makes sense.

Honestly, the new system isn't so bad once you start using it. It looks much better now that the empty drop-down is gone.

It looks nicer, but it's MUCH slower.

Private Tupence

Postby lackattack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:01 am

Tupence wrote:It looks nicer, but it's MUCH slower.

To speed things up, the title field in the popup tournament finder now automatically has focus.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby MichelSableheart on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:04 am

Not really a fan, to be honest. Finding the games of a tournament now takes several more clicks and an additional page load. For a computer from the year 2000, that's a severe load.

Would have preferred if the same solution was chosen as with finding a game with a certain player: a field where you can type the title of the tournament (as it was last week) with a link to find a tournament as it is now.
MichelSableheart,
Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
And a member of the Republic
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby lackattack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:12 am

The problem with leaving a field is that some people might still type in "Michel's Tourney" and not realize that they're also getting games for "Michel's Tourney II"
Sergeant lackattack

Postby MichelSableheart on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:29 am

Why is that, though? The players field also requires an exact match...
MichelSableheart,
Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
And a member of the Republic
Brigadier MichelSableheart

Postby Sniper08 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:31 am

lack you are pushing forward with a system that people didnt want.admittly this is better than that awful update last time but its still NOT Better than the drop down box.

what was so wrong with qwerts suggestion?(viewtopic.php?f=535&t=128086) it recieved a lot of support from TO's and the"update" didnt receive support. you could take out the finished tournaments and have only active on gamefinder thus reducing kilobytes on that page.a hybrid of a search box along with the dropdown box can be done aswell so that you dont feel ur time was wasted.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lackattack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:33 am

There are 550 ongoing tournaments, that's still pushing the limits for a select menu. Let's give this solution a chance.
Sergeant lackattack

Postby Sniper08 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:40 am

lackattack wrote:There are 550 ongoing tournaments, that's still pushing the limits for a select menu. Let's give this solution a chance.

again still not answering my question what was wrong with qwerts idea since it received wide spread TO support.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:44 am

lackattack wrote:[....
Clickable Maps

Fixed a bug where the mouse wheel and hotkeys would change quantity when deploying deferred troops. When you deploy deferred troops, you must always deploy them all!

For those that did not know. you can/should place deferred deployments on one country only, right after you have ended your attack (presuming you missed the previous turn)
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Leehar on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:13 pm

Sniper08 wrote:
lackattack wrote:There are 550 ongoing tournaments, that's still pushing the limits for a select menu. Let's give this solution a chance.

again still not answering my question what was wrong with qwerts idea since it received wide spread TO support.

That the drop-down he wants for active/ongoing tournaments will still have 550 entries. Drop-downs really should never have that many...
And I'd imagine it'd be quite difficult to code active tournaments into 1 drop box when you'd probably need to go back to the main tournament database to get that data, so to have that as an extra pageload for those that need the data instead of sending that request every time you go to game finder seems to be a better way to go?
show
Colonel Leehar

Next

Return to Announcement Archives