Conquer Club

Recent updates fixed

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Recent updates fixed

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:19 pm

check off waiting for players

click find a tournament

top line type in Ha's 200th

choose select on the right

Then it brings you back to the game finder screen

Then press search

This is what I am going to send out for my big tourney--I am curious to know how to just send a link to the available games waiting for a tourney--I already have way too many new tourney players that have a hard time finding the games. For me to give them six steps will make it even harder on them. I know for whac a mod there was a link directly to the awaiting games--I just don't know how to do it--thanks
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby HighlanderAttack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:40 pm

lackattack wrote:There are 550 ongoing tournaments, that's still pushing the limits for a select menu. Let's give this solution a chance.

I believe the invites part is now fixed as I went through and invited a whole tourney today without any issues. Although I like the old way I personally will not find it too hard to use this. I did post a question about creating links to awaiting games and when I figure out how to do that I won't have issue with this update. I was already getting used to the box anyway.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit.
Lieutenant HighlanderAttack

Postby IcePack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:43 pm

A new window? I loved the first update...this is even worse than scrolling for ages.
Now my iPhone opens a new window completely!

Please...keep a partial match option on the game finder page and include a link for the complainers who didn't like it.

This solution is even worse for us mobile users....:(

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:51 pm

I can't seem to find games thru the new pop up...it sends me to HA's tournament forum page?
So frustrating...

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby drunkmonkey on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:52 pm

IcePack wrote:I can't seem to find games thru the new pop up...it sends me to HA's tournament forum page?
So frustrating...

When you get to the list of tournaments, click "select" (to the right), not the tournament title. I did the same thing the first time.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby Sniper08 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Leehar wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:
lackattack wrote:There are 550 ongoing tournaments, that's still pushing the limits for a select menu. Let's give this solution a chance.

again still not answering my question what was wrong with qwerts idea since it received wide spread TO support.

That the drop-down he wants for active/ongoing tournaments will still have 550 entries. Drop-downs really should never have that many...
And I'd imagine it'd be quite difficult to code active tournaments into 1 drop box when you'd probably need to go back to the main tournament database to get that data, so to have that as an extra pageload for those that need the data instead of sending that request every time you go to game finder seems to be a better way to go?

considering the drop box had thousands of tourneys in it and it worked fine without any delays for me so reducing it to only active would be more beneficial way to go about it. a dropbox is a better way to go as ppl are used to it and a combo of it and the search would be fine in my opinion.

i think the big issue here should be why is this system being pushed forward when it has been met with overwhelmingly negative responses from TO's.
Colonel Sniper08
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Leehar on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Are you looking for Waiting games in HA's 200th Tourney? ;)

HighlanderAttack wrote:
check off waiting for players

click find a tournament

top line type in Ha's 200th

choose select on the right

Then it brings you back to the game finder screen

Then press search

This is what I am going to send out for my big tourney--I am curious to know how to just send a link to the available games waiting for a tourney--I already have way too many new tourney players that have a hard time finding the games. For me to give them six steps will make it even harder on them. I know for whac a mod there was a link directly to the awaiting games--I just don't know how to do it--thanks
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:59 pm

i have a good update

have a chocie to toggle the sites clickies on and off
Cook basic_man2010_20

Postby Serbia on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:04 pm

I hate the tournament update. For me, the original fix is actually easier to use than this one. And that's saying a lot, because I loathe entirely the original update.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Sniper08 wrote:
Leehar wrote:
Sniper08 wrote:

again still not answering my question what was wrong with qwerts idea since it received wide spread TO support.

That the drop-down he wants for active/ongoing tournaments will still have 550 entries. Drop-downs really should never have that many...
And I'd imagine it'd be quite difficult to code active tournaments into 1 drop box when you'd probably need to go back to the main tournament database to get that data, so to have that as an extra pageload for those that need the data instead of sending that request every time you go to game finder seems to be a better way to go?

considering the drop box had thousands of tourneys in it and it worked fine without any delays for me so reducing it to only active would be more beneficial way to go about it. a dropbox is a better way to go as ppl are used to it and a combo of it and the search would be fine in my opinion.

i think the big issue here should be why is this system being pushed forward when it has been met with overwhelmingly negative responses from TO's.

+1
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby jigger1986 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Thank you!
Sergeant 1st Class jigger1986

Postby Master Fenrir on Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:28 am

Serbia wrote:I hate the tournament update. For me, the original fix is actually easier to use than this one. And that's saying a lot, because I loathe entirely the original update.

I agree.

Here's my problem. I like to Search TLO 2010 and then search for all games in the current round just to see how all the matchups are going. With the most recent update, there is no way to combine a tourney search along with a Game Label search - I cannot find both completed and active games in Round 22 of the TLO 2010 tournament. Without a Game Label field in the Tourney Finder, this most recent update is a further step backwards.
General Master Fenrir

Postby firsal901 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:59 am

Good work Lack. =D>
Cook firsal901

Postby Leehar on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:35 am

Master Fenrir wrote:
Serbia wrote:I hate the tournament update. For me, the original fix is actually easier to use than this one. And that's saying a lot, because I loathe entirely the original update.

I agree.

Here's my problem. I like to Search TLO 2010 and then search for all games in the current round just to see how all the matchups are going. With the most recent update, there is no way to combine a tourney search along with a Game Label search - I cannot find both completed and active games in Round 22 of the TLO 2010 tournament. Without a Game Label field in the Tourney Finder, this most recent update is a further step backwards.

Round 22 of the TLO 2010 tournament?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby TheCrown on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:06 am

Ok, so now when I create clan games and want to keep track of the score, I have to actually write down the game numbers? I cannot find all the games from a war at once... this is a super pain!
Colonel TheCrown

Postby Night Strike on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:35 am

Master Fenrir wrote:

I agree.

Except you can. All the popup does is pick which tournament you add to the Game Finder page. You can still pick any other setting and Game Label you want before you actually click to Search.

TheCrown wrote:Ok, so now when I create clan games and want to keep track of the score, I have to actually write down the game numbers? I cannot find all the games from a war at once... this is a super pain!

Clan wars are still listed as a tournament, so you just search for it in the popup the same way you do for other tournaments.
Major Night Strike

Postby TheCrown on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:39 am

I used to be able to pull up all the clan war games that were finished in a certain clan war, then I could tally what the score was.... there is no way to do this anymore.
Colonel TheCrown

Postby Night Strike on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:53 am

TheCrown wrote:I used to be able to pull up all the clan war games that were finished in a certain clan war, then I could tally what the score was.... there is no way to do this anymore.

Yes you can. Go to the [Find a Tournament] button and use the popup to search for your clan war using one of the search criteria in the popup. When the list comes up, you click [Select] to insert your tournament name into the game finder page. You can then modify the rest of the Game Finder page just like you did in the past: by game label and/or by game status. Then click Search. It'll work. If you still can't figure it out, you're going to have to post the name of the tournament so people can figure out if there is a bug. You can't just say it doesn't work without specifics, because as far as we know, it does work.
Major Night Strike

Postby Master Fenrir on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Night Strike wrote:Except you can. All the popup does is pick which tournament you add to the Game Finder page. You can still pick any other setting and Game Label you want before you actually click to Search.

You're right. I must have been experiencing a bug last night. Selected tournaments weren't pulling into Game Finder for me.
General Master Fenrir

Postby Fuzzy316 on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:16 pm

I do not know if it has anything to do with this update, but I had 4 round 2 games and 1 round 3 final game set up for the next wave of games for my first tourney. I can no longer find those 5 games with the games numbers. Nor do I appear to have the tourney privileges anymore, so I cannot create more games when needed. I have contacted InsomniaRed about that, but they may be linked...
Lieutenant Fuzzy316

Postby TheCrown on Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Night Strike wrote:
TheCrown wrote:I used to be able to pull up all the clan war games that were finished in a certain clan war, then I could tally what the score was.... there is no way to do this anymore.

Yes you can. Go to the [Find a Tournament] button and use the popup to search for your clan war using one of the search criteria in the popup. When the list comes up, you click [Select] to insert your tournament name into the game finder page. You can then modify the rest of the Game Finder page just like you did in the past: by game label and/or by game status. Then click Search. It'll work. If you still can't figure it out, you're going to have to post the name of the tournament so people can figure out if there is a bug. You can't just say it doesn't work without specifics, because as far as we know, it does work.

I followed your instructions, and hit "select" and it does nothing to the game finder page. Am I supposed to have BOB installed?
Colonel TheCrown

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:06 am

TheCrown wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

I followed your instructions, and hit "select" and it does nothing to the game finder page. Am I supposed to have BOB installed?

This is a site feature, not a BOB feature. You have to provide more information than just saying it's not working. What war? What browser? The only thing it should be doing is putting the name of the tournament onto the game finder page. It doesn't automatically start looking up the games.
Major Night Strike

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:02 pm

I get the same error from my work PC, running IE8. I'll successfully search for a tournament but when I hit the "select" link, I get an "Error on page" message on the bottom left and it never adds that tournament to the main game finder screen.

At home, I have no problem pulling the tournament into game finder using Firefox/BOB when I hit the "select" link.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby sherkaner on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:39 pm

MudPuppy wrote:I get the same error from my work PC, running IE8. I'll successfully search for a tournament but when I hit the "select" link, I get an "Error on page" message on the bottom left and it never adds that tournament to the main game finder screen.

At home, I have no problem pulling the tournament into game finder using Firefox/BOB when I hit the "select" link.

Yep, it's a problem with IE8 at least, but probably all IE versions, bug report was created:
viewtopic.php?f=506&t=146583
Colonel sherkaner

Postby Qwert on Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:27 pm

fixed? these is hilarious
Press Game finder-->press find tournament---> write name of tournament--->press tournament game----> !
Its somene call these fast and simple, then its something wrong here.
Now you need even more work to find your tournament.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives