Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Pachisi!

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Pachisi! v2.7 *Back in Business*

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:17 am

thenobodies80 wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:Haven't he and I done this by simply posting here and developing the map? I mean, it's not like I've ever said, "I agree to the copyright agreement", it's kind of a given since, well, I'm posting here and developing the map.

No.

:-k Okay then... It's strange because I've never seen anyone specifically agree to the copyright agreement...

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby natty dread on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:47 am

it's usually done by pm
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:17 am

I see... Hm.

To post something more substantial, I updated the first post ;)

-Sully

EDIT 3: Sully just being stupid... Ignore any "EDITs" you may have seen before this... :oops:
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:48 am

Though I'm not sure I'll ever play this map, I like the aesthetics and look of it.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:17 am

Oh, Andy, you are frightened too easily! ;)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby RedBaron0 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:01 am

thenobodies80 wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:Haven't he and I done this by simply posting here and developing the map? I mean, it's not like I've ever said, "I agree to the copyright agreement", it's kind of a given since, well, I'm posting here and developing the map.

No.

What he said.
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:05 am

*Sigh*

*Prepares for another hoop*

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby RedBaron0 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:06 am

Is it really that difficult? It's a legal thing Sully, has to be done, plain and simple.
ImageImage

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:13 am

RedBaron0 wrote:Is it really that difficult? It's a legal thing Sully, has to be done, plain and simple.

Yes and no. It's just another obstacle... I've been around here long enough to know I've been through more than I should have, but I'm willing to endure. It's just been one big, long test of my patience.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby natty dread on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:55 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
RedBaron0 wrote:Is it really that difficult? It's a legal thing Sully, has to be done, plain and simple.

Yes and no. It's just another obstacle... I've been around here long enough to know I've been through more than I should have, but I'm willing to endure. It's just been one big, long test of my patience.

-Sully

*cough*martyr*cough*

...no seriously, every mapmaker's perspective gets skewed when it's his own work in question. Things will go much smoother on your 2nd map, when you have more experience and know the process. Don't think of the foundry process as "obstacles" or "hoops", it's in place to help you push yourself to create the best possible map you are capable of creating.

And Redbaron is right, the copyright agreement is a legal thing that is necessary to do so CC can use your map. Lackattack would be an idiot if he didn't require some kind of license/agreement from the mapmaker, otherwise a mapmaker who gets pissed at the site could just quit the site and say "ok, take down all my maps"... we don't want that.

Besides, it really is not a big deal. When you get to final forge, MrBenn will send you the copyright agreement by pm, to which you'll just respond that you agree. It's not like some huge thing you have to do. It's one PM so quit being such a crybaby! ;)
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:22 am

Your compassion and empathy warm my heart like after eating a chocolate chip cookie and you get heartburn. ;)

I understand the critiques to improve the gameplay and graphics, and it's not entirely the Foundry or CAs' fault, it's a combination of the involvement of SpikeWarden in my map (communicating with him, nagging him for updates, plus the skepticism and other junk surrounding him CC-wise), the long wait in the Gameplay Workshop, only to find that the Evil DIMwit and Co. thought that the gameplay needed a re-haul, the long wait in the Bin, Spike having posted a month before the thread was moved, and the thread moving back to the Gameplay Workshop because thenobodies and MrBenn didn't read the legend nor consult MarshalNey before moving it there... It's just a lot of crap to deal with. I don't mean to go off on anyone, but you have to understand my frustrations throughout this process.

And I completely understand the whole copyright/legal thing, it's just another thing to do... It'd be a heck of a lot easier if Spike knew how these forums worked a little more... I don't regret working with him by any means, he's a good friend of mine and he has enjoyed making this map, it's just the whole middleman thing that puts more stress on me.

Anywho, enough about this... Do you CAs have any graphical concerns? If not, when do you suppose this will be stamped?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:36 am

Sully,
I think I've already apologized for what happened, if this is not enough for you, then I don't know what I can do!
And just for the record, when I moved back the map into the process, I immediately sent a PM to Marshalney asking him to give me more details about the map and its gameplay. When I received a reply I immediately moved this back to the graphic workshop, so if double check something (to prevent a possible failure) is for you something wrong, then you didn't understand what's my job here and, more in general, what's the CAs job. All the things we do are just to assure the all the mapmakers produce the best possible maps that they can produce and that those maps always reach the CC standard in terms of gameplay and graphics. Don't take our actions in the wrong way. ;)
You should only be patient, because patience is part of the Foundry process.

Said that, the only graphical concern I have is on the small version, if it was my map I would enlarge a bit the small version, to increase the size of the text in the legend (if there's no way to fit all the text with the space you have now).
I also noticed that some colors don't give so good result through vischeck, but it shouldn't affect the playability of the map then I don't bother you about this. O:)

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:17 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Sully,
I think I've already apologized for what happened, if this is not enough for you, then I don't know what I can do!

You have it all wrong; Mistakes happen, I get that, I was just simply telling you where I'm coming from, that's all. I forgive you ;) but at least now you understand a bit of my anguish...

thenobodies80 wrote:And just for the record, when I moved back the map into the process, I immediately sent a PM to Marshalney asking him to give me more details about the map and its gameplay. When I received a reply I immediately moved this back to the graphic workshop, so if double check something (to prevent a possible failure) is for you something wrong, then you didn't understand what's my job here and, more in general, what's the CAs job. All the things we do are just to assure the all the mapmakers produce the best possible maps that they can produce and that those maps always reach the CC standard in terms of gameplay and graphics. Don't take our actions in the wrong way. ;)

I get that, I do, but you should have consulted him before moving it, since he was the one that approved the gameplay (along with Evil DIMwit). By making that call you doubted your own volunteer staff's judgement...

Ah, sorry, I know it's not my place to criticize. You and MrBenn are quite busy, I'm sure.

thenobodies80 wrote:You should only be patient, because patience is part of the Foundry process.

Yes... I realize...

thenobodies80 wrote:Said that, the only graphical concern I have is on the small version, if it was my map I would enlarge a bit the small version, to increase the size of the text in the legend (if there's no way to fit all the text with the space you have now).
I also noticed that some colors don't give so good result through vischeck, but it shouldn't affect the playability of the map then I don't bother you about this. O:)

You mean, add a few pixels to the small version to fit a larger font size?

And nobodies, regardless of what I say, I think you're doing a fine job here. I apologize if I've offended you in any way.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:19 pm

Is there any point in Home being able to assault nests if holding it wins the game?
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby DiM on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:14 pm

i really like the crisp graphics on this one.
just 3 minor things:
1. the impassable yellow lines have different hues and this might confuse some people. for example the line between G5 and Home is a lot darker than the one from G5 to W3
2. the light source is not common for all layers. some have it from the lower right some from the lower left others from the top and so on.
3. some territories have lighter names and others have darker names. but since this is all symmetrical i'm suspecting there's a reason behind all this and i'm just not seeing it :)
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: Pachisi! [17 Jun 2011] v2.7 *Back in Business*

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:18 pm

How's the next update coming along? Have spike post the update please, and then you can update the OP. Agreed?
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Pachisi! [17 Jun 2011] v2.7 *Back in Business*

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Yup, yup. I'm working on trying to get Spike more incorporated in the map thread, which is why I have not responded to the graphical suggestions since the last update. I'll see if we can't speed things up.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Pachisi! v2.7 [17 Jun 2011] (p1+15) *Back in Business*

Postby RedBaron0 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:58 pm

Any luck with Spike, Sully?
ImageImage

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:04 am

No then yes. He's been bus these past couple of weeks, but things seem to be slowing down, so I'll get on his case and hopefully have him post here before the end of the week.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:53 am

This map catches the eye immediately! Lots of colors and I understood most of the gameplay right away! Brilliant I can't wait to test play this map in beta!
Last edited by Gillipig on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:55 am

Gillipig wrote:This map caughts the eye immediately! Lots of colors and I understood most of the gameplay right away! Brilliant I can't wait to test play this map in beta!

Thanks! With any luck, Spike will be posting today :) I plan to bother the crap out of him until he does :P

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
Gillipig wrote:This map caughts the eye immediately! Lots of colors and I understood most of the gameplay right away! Brilliant I can't wait to test play this map in beta!

Thanks! With any luck, Spike will be posting today :) I plan to bother the crap out of him until he does :P

-Sully

He's currently sick, and with my upcoming vacation, it might be best to bin this for the time being :(

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby RedBaron0 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:06 am

[Moved]

Per the mapmaker's request, this map will be moved to the recycling bin for VACATION. If the mapmaker(s) wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;-)
ImageImage

Re: Pachisi! v2.8 [06 Sep 2011] (p1+15) *Can it be? An updat

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Update on the small version:
Click image to enlarge.

thenobodies80 wrote:Said that, the only graphical concern I have is on the small version, if it was my map I would enlarge a bit the small version, to increase the size of the text in the legend (if there's no way to fit all the text with the space you have now).

Done and applied for SuperSize.

DiM wrote:1. the impassable yellow lines have different hues and this might confuse some people. for example the line between G5 and Home is a lot darker than the one from G5 to W3

Fixed on the small version, but Spike didn't think it was necessary for the large - he said the slight shading is due to shadows (as you'll notice, the fixed small version is a bit more flat-looking, since he deleted the shadows. I doubt there would be confusion with the yellows - yellow is yellow. If it becomes an issue, I'm sure he'll attend to it.

DiM wrote:2. the light source is not common for all layers. some have it from the lower right some from the lower left others from the top and so on.

He wasn't even sure what you were talking about, and even if that's the case, he said it would be a long and tedious process to edit something so minor.

DiM wrote:3. some territories have lighter names and others have darker names. but since this is all symmetrical i'm suspecting there's a reason behind all this and i'm just not seeing it :)

Yeah, it's just a graphical element.

isaiah40 wrote:How's the next update coming along? Have spike post the update please, and then you can update the OP. Agreed?

Spike has to send in an e-ticket because he forgot his password, and the email assigned to his account is inactive (can't receive emails), thus why I'm presenting the update. I'll make sure he pops in soon, though ;)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: Pachisi! v2.8 [06 Sep 2011] (p1+17) *Can it be? An updat

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:59 pm

Due to people complaining about the legibility of the text on the small, and in accordance with the supersize application, I hereby do declare the small only to be supersized to 680x458! So BAM!

Lieutenant isaiah40

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box