Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Zodiac Map

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Zodiac Map(v7.1 on First post and page 18)

Postby RedBaron0 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:22 pm

I said a lot of these same things a very long time ago. It's just so difficult to see a map of the Zodiac without seeing the zodiac! Lets pump this puppy up, you've got a great concept lets get the graphics to match!
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Postby rsacheli on Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:56 am

working on it... but its slow going... life is very busy right now
Private rsacheli

Location: Im your neighbor... I have 100 armies with me... What are you going to do?

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:44 pm

rsacheli, hi.
I have long been a student of the zodiac.
2 things i feel would enhance the map...
1. if you're going to have the seasons on the map, then you need to rename the map "Zodiac - Northern Hemisphere". We in the south celebrate Taurus in Autum - i am an autumn birth.
2. I would prefer to see the zodiac symbols somehow on the map, for traditional assocation. You can take basic images from the internet and re-draw over them. it would give the map that extra finish.
Perhaps something like this
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby gimil on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:53 pm

cairnswk wrote:rsacheli, hi.
I have long been a student of the zodiac.
2 things i feel would enhance the map...
1. if you're going to have the seasons on the map, then you need to rename the map "Zodiac - Northern Hemisphere". We in the south celebrate Taurus in Autum - i am an autumn birth.
2. I would prefer to see the zodiac symbols somehow on the map, for traditional assocation. You can take basic images from the internet and re-draw over them. it would give the map that extra finish.
Perhaps something like this

I definitely agree with this. It would add a little more umpth to the theme. I also feel that the background a far to washed out and doesn't add to the the overall theme of the map. I think something more fitting would be a picture of the milky way with the the black whole in the picture aligned with the black hole on the map.

Click image to enlarge.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby RedBaron0 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:33 am

That'd work pretty well too since the Milky Way is a barred spiral...
ImageImage

Postby shakeycat on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:06 am

A little piece of "if I were doing this map .. "

I'd use the sun or a bright earth. There would be a more organic colour scheme. I'd trace the symbols into crisp vectors. Trace from photographs if you are really concerned about using someone else's 'art' (even though tattoo art is perfect for this!), since your finished product will really be your own, and not look like the original photo.

The top right corner - those would be in seasonal colours instead of the same colours as on the playing board. As an idea, lightly I stuck a seasonal colour radiating from the centre sun. (yellow in this case) They can still be yellow-green-blue-red.

It's confusing to see Capricorn, Virgo, and Taurus in green on the play board, then to see Aries, Taurus, and Gemini in the bonus area. If I was playing the map, I would probably skip reading the names and just assume I'd get a bonus for holding all the green, and be disappointed when it was otherwise.

When choosing a font for your signature, choose something in the same theme as the rest of the map. Maybe there's a Star Trek font you can use to make it different yet in the same family.
Current Map Project: Tokyo
Lieutenant shakeycat

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:18 am

I really like the aesthetic of the sample type map. That would make me want to play on this map.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby RedBaron0 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:31 am

I agree with Andy, shakey's added an very pleasing element to the map which would make it make many want to play this map.
ImageImage

Re: Zodiac Map [24 Apr 2011] (v7.1 on First post and page 18

Postby RedBaron0 on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:53 pm

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made.
ImageImage

Re: [Abandoned] - Zodiac Map

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:22 pm

The six months of vacation has expired, for this reason this topic is now labeled as [Abandoned]. If the original mapmaker wants to continue this map project it's fine but an update must provided. From this moment anyone else is free to take this project without the original mapmaker permission, but it has to be started from the scratch.
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Previous

Return to Recycling Box