Conquer Club

Large-Team Tournaments & Director Changes

Where dead threads are laid to rest - No new topics, no new posts allowed

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Large-Team Tournaments & Director Changes

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:14 am

Night Strike wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:Where as my original understanding of Night Strike's reply being the assumption that all players would play an equal number of games, and in order to qualify you must play 33% of that assumed game load; that makes complete sense.

Maybe Night Strike can step in and define what "eligible" is defined as:
A.) Restrictions put in place by Tournament Organizer (I believe Greenoaks understanding)
B.) Assumed equal game count per all team members (patrickaa317's understanding from NS's last post)
C.) Something else?

My intention was A because I assumed tournaments would naturally cap the number of games a single player could play in so that one player wasn't dominating the team. B would be the default if there was no restriction in place by the organizer.

However, no one needs to even worry about B if they just go ahead and put a cap in place. If you know that each round you're going to have 12 games where some players will only play in 2 while others play in 3, just arbitrarily throw in a maximum games for 1 player of 6 games. And then the numbers work out while in reality you're changing absolutely nothing about the structure of the tournament.

Thanks for clarifying Night Strike. I'm cool with the changes now.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:24 am

Night strike: "including 1 standard-team tournament."

I can't find a definition for this, or policy covering it. Can you clarify? I don't want to create a team event that doesn't qualify as "standard".

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Lindax on Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:02 pm

IcePack wrote:Night strike: "including 1 standard-team tournament."

I can't find a definition for this, or policy covering it. Can you clarify? I don't want to create a team event that doesn't qualify as "standard".

It means a team tournament that is not a Large-Team tournament. I guess it could simply say "including 1 team tournament".

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Previous

Return to Tournament Archives