Conquer Club

Official 2011 CC Women's World Cup Event

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby samuelc812 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:13 pm

The Entertainment Team is proud to present.........

The Entertainment Team would like to invite you to celebrate the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup with Conquer Club, which is being held in Germany from June 26th until July 17th. We've organised a few special things to help you and everyone on Conquer Club join in with the celebrations! :)

Limited Edition "2011 World Cup" Map

With the inspiration coming from MrBenn's 2010 World Cup Map, we decided to give it a gameplay makeover to make it fresh and new for this year's Women's World Cup! Think you were great at the 2010 map? Let's see if you can master the 2011 map just as well! :)

This Limited Edition World Cup Map will be available for play for the duration of the Women's World Cup: June 26th - July 17th, play it while you can! :) It may even be available before the 26th so keep an eye on the map selections in "start a game", it may just pop up...

Preview the Map here!
Speed Game Holiday

To help our freemium members celebrate as well as partake in the Special Speed Tournament, there will be 48 hours of Free Unlimited Speed Games ONLY on the Limited Edition: 2011 World Cup Map!

The Free Speed Games will begin at CC Time: 2011-07-02 00:00:00 and will come to a close at CC Time: 2011-07-04 00:00:00!

Limited Edition: Football Dice

To help your dice get in the winning mood, we've created these limited edition football dice to help you as you fight your battles! :) Enjoy them while they last :P Special Thanks to MrGlassB!

Official CC World Cup Tournament 2011

The Entertainment Team has organised an Official Speed Tournament for you all to participate in and enjoy!

Important Details
    • You can ONLY participate in either the Singles or Triples tournament not both, anyone who signs up for both will be removed from the singles tournament.
    • The Speed Tournament is open to anyone who is able to participate timewise.
    • Freemiums can participate but must keep 3 open game slots at all times :).
    show

Prizes
    • All Tournaments have a Premium Prize up for grabs for 1st place! A huge thanks to the Multi-Hunters for joining forces with the Entertainment Team to make these premium prizes possible! :)
      show

• Speed Tournament
        • 1st Place - 6 months of Premium Membership, General Achievement Medal & A place in Game 10 million
        • 2nd Place - General Achievement Medal & A place in Game 10 million
        • 3rd Place - General Achievement Medal & A place in Game 10 million
    • These are only brief details, please refer to the specific tournament for more in depth details...
    • If you have any queries about any of these tournaments, contact the specific organisers for that tournament listed below.
    • As with any tournament, there are limited spots in all of these tournaments! So get in fast :)

Speed Tournament Details

Trivia Chat Room Hop

It's a fast dash to the final chat room! The Entertainment Team brings you a Live Chat trivia game - with a twist!

The contest will consist of a total of ten trivia questions about World Cup-related facts. The answer to each question will be the name of the next chat room that the next question is in, and so on and so forth until the final chat room. The first to get to the final chat room wins first prize! The game will take place in the "2011 World Cup Trivia" chat room at CC Time: 2011-07-01 14:00:00.

Prerequisites
      • You must know how to use the "/join" command in Live Chat. The /join command allows you to join other chat rooms. For example, if I asked the question, "Which country is hosting the 2011 Women's World Cup?" you would type in "/join Germany" to go to the chat room "Germany" and answer the following question (assuming you are correct, of course). Chat room names are case sensitive, so use proper spelling and capitalization :)
      • You must also know how to use the "/leave" command in Live Chat. The /leave command allows you to quit chat rooms. Since you may only have a maximum of 10 chat rooms open at one time, you must know how to leave them, because the contest will consist of 11 chat rooms. To use the /leave command, you must type "/leave ch Channel". Don't forget the ch! In addition, if the chat room name consists of more than one word, you must put quotations around the chat room name. Alternatively, if you wish, you may click the X next to the name of the chat room that you want to leave, then click OK when the notice appears. Remember, this is a race! Use the method that is fastest for you - it could mean the difference between first and second ;)
      • Be on time! If you're late, the game may have already started and your chances of winning become slim, so don't be! :)
      Rules
      • You may not type anything in any chat room other than "2011 World Cup Trivia" and the final chat room.
      • In the chat rooms you are allowed to type in, you may only use the black font color.
      • TheSaxlad and Victor Sullivan will be in charge of the contest. You must follow their instructions in Live Chat at all times.
      • Failure to comply with any of the above rules can and will disqualify you from the contest.
      • By participating in the contest, you have read and agreed to all the rules, which are in place to ensure every participant has fun and the contest remains fair to all :)
      • Any and all questions about this event should be directed to Victor Sullivan or TheSaxlad.
      Prizes
      • 1st place - 3 months of Premium Membership, General Achievement Medal & A place in Game 10 million
      • 2nd place - General Achievement Medal & A place in Game 10 million
      • 3rd place - General Achievement Medal & A place in Game 10 million
      • 4th and below - that warm, fuzzy feeling of participating in a fun event :D
      Organisers: Victor Sullivan and TheSaxlad

--The Entertainment Team
Captain samuelc812

Re: Official 2011 CC Women's World Cup Event

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:08 am

! IMPORTANT !

• If you are interested in joining an official tournament, post in the appropriate tournament thread, not here!
  • XML has been updated.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby explor31 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:15 am

In please. USA or England please.
Sergeant 1st Class explor31

Postby cryinlion on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:16 am

looks like some cool tourneys wish i had enough slots for them
give me premium or perish
Sergeant 1st Class cryinlion

Postby samuelc812 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:22 am

Remember:

NOTE: **Sign-up in the appropriate tournament thread, not in this announcement**
Captain samuelc812

Postby mr. CD on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:17 am

Lovely, loved the map. Is it still allowed to run other tournaments on this map or does the entertainment team want a monopoly?
Lieutenant mr. CD

Postby samuelc812 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:21 am

mr. CD wrote:Lovely, loved the map. Is it still allowed to run other tournaments on this map or does the entertainment team want a monopoly?

I believe the general policy from the Tournament Directors is that if you want to run a tournament on a Limited Edition Map, you can. As long as you have a back-up map for when Limited Edition Map goes out of play. However, don't quote me you should ask a Tournament Director, i would ask Night Strike.

===================

On another note, The drop on the map is not working the way it was designed to. It is currently being fixed/updated, the map has been put in Beta until changes have been made. But you can still play the map, as i said it's in Beta for now ;)

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby Lindax on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:39 am

samuelc812 wrote:I believe the general policy from the Tournament Directors is that if you want to run a tournament on a Limited Edition Map, you can. As long as you have a back-up map for when Limited Edition Map goes out of play. However, don't quote me you should ask a Tournament Director, i would ask Night Strike.

~Sam

This is correct.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:43 am

Good luck to everyone that participates in the tournaments, and for those that don't, have fun playing on the limited edition map!

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Rob Mc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:03 pm

In Please! USA! USA! wow that's even more annoying when I type it! USA, USA, USA.....hehe
Lieutenant Rob Mc

Postby thelord on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:50 pm

in please nigeria
Sergeant 1st Class thelord

Postby Araldite on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:02 pm

In the singles tourny please
1st team choice France
2nd choice Thailand
Private Araldite

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:15 pm

explor31 wrote:In please. USA or England please.
Rob Mc wrote:In Please! USA! USA! wow that's even more annoying when I type it! USA, USA, USA.....hehe
thelord wrote:in please nigeria
Araldite wrote:In the singles tourny please
1st team choice France
2nd choice Thailand

Victor Sullivan wrote:! IMPORTANT !

• If you are interested in joining an official tournament, post in the appropriate tournament thread, not here!
  • The current 2011 World Cup map has a few XML errors (thus the Beta label), so play at your own risk! XML to be updated soon.

-Sully

Please thoroughly read the announcement!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:32 pm

I want to play the non-beta version of the map before I join the tourny.. I hope those changes are made before the tourny fills up! (0o)
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby bristow47 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:39 pm

I got all excited that it was a Women of CC tourney...but no. :( LOL. We should have one...that would be neat!
Cook bristow47

Postby notageek on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:10 pm

USA or south Korea would be nice thanks 8-)
Cook notageek

Postby samuelc812 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 pm

The XML has now been updated and the Map is out of Beta. Enjoy! :D

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 pm

notageek wrote:USA or south Korea would be nice thanks 8-)

Please sign up in the actual tournament threads, please! The links to each thread are in the main post! Thank you! :D

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby thebest712 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:35 pm

looks it is going to be a fun trivia, hope I can be there then :)
Major thebest712

Postby Sero_Sais on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:53 pm

This new map is great! It's amazing how you incorporated football into CC. The map is a blast! Great work, guys!!! =D>
Sergeant 1st Class Sero_Sais

Postby harvmax on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:41 pm

in please put me anywhere
Sergeant harvmax

Postby Dagarben on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:07 pm

What stupid map, of world cup, with out the curret world champion, SPAIN
Captain Dagarben

Postby samuelc812 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:26 pm

Dagarben wrote:What stupid map, of world cup, with out the curret world champion, SPAIN

It is a map of the Women's World Cup draw, which is being held in Germany starting tomorrow (26th of June) Spain did not qualify for the women's event.

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby BluU on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:06 pm

these soccer ball cubes are really nice in the design, but I had weird results rolling them

I rolled 6 and 2 against my rival 6

It marked my "2" cube and awarded me with a win!?
Major BluU

Postby samuelc812 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:16 pm

BluU wrote:these soccer ball cubes are really nice in the design, but I had weird results rolling them

I rolled 6 and 2 against my rival 6

It marked my "2" cube and awarded me with a win!?

OMG! Major Problem. The dice image for the Football dice is the wrong way around! :shock: So it will be highlighting the wrong dice!

I am working as hard as i can to get a hold of the webmaster to revert back to the regular dice while this is rectified. Many apologies for this goof!

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Next

Return to Announcement Archives