Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 51: 19-07-2011] Bruces War

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 51: 19-07-2011] Bruces War

Postby Leehar on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 52nd edition of the Dispatch :)

Our Foundry executive needs more challenges so he's eagerly taken on the reigns of the Freestyle section as temporary head after the retirement of long-standing Newsletter contributor nagerous, who we'll still see in the next edition of the newsletter, albeit on the other side of the table when answering questions instead of asking them.

In the newsletter this issue, Freestyle brings us another Scum Insider eagerly awaited by our Mafia gamers while we remain in the dark on whether we've already seen Bruce war
Tournaments gives us double duty from it's reporters as two of them put in 2 articles each to show that 2+2=4 when you have the right 2. (The second interviewee in the section beat yours truly en route to his victory, so blame the dice gods for letting you have a triple dose of me in this issue ;))
Also exciting is the new reporter for the Foundry section as we learn something new about background workings in the Map Foundry

Leehar - Newsletter Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Sully gives a whole new meaning to the term "double-dipping". Or fits the definition. Whatever. At any rate, hi! I'm the new Freestyle Executive for the time being! I'll try to be as nag-some as possible, so as not to affect your traditional Mess Hall and interrogation format too much. Okay, enough with the monkey business, let's get jiggy with it and welcome this issue's Freestyle articles! I have come back to help out safariguy and co. with The Scum Insider, and we've got the anticipated interrogation of Bruceswar! Enjoy, folks!

Victor Sullivan
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by Victor Sullivan, safariguy5, nagerous and Fircoal
show

show: Interrogation of Bruceswar

Hi again amigos and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments. After a little absence from CC due to real life issues, I'm back! and I want to thanks my team and specially Dukasaur for covering me in issue #50.

And talking about Dukasaur, for the first time in months, he has finally gotten off his lazy ass and produced two interviews instead of just one. His first is with DaveH, who is not only a tournament winner but also one of this years most promising new tournament organizers. The second is his first interview with the winner of an official Team CC-sponsored tournament, and the perfect conclusion to our 2011 Women's World Cup celebrations.

Sonicsteve has also produced two articles for this newsletter edition: the well known "Join This? or Not!" with the most current information about tournaments taking sign-ups, and the "Tourney Stat Attack", a little article with nice information/stats about tournaments in general.

So, it looks like it's time for the lazy angola who is on vacation, to take a break for this edition. Have fun amigo! and hopefully you will come back in good shape.

We hope you guys enjoy our section.

jricart
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Winners! by Dukasaur

show: DaveH interview

show: ChrisBeerens interview

show: Get Your Own Interview

Join This? Or Not! by sonicsteve

show

Tourney Stat Attack by sonicsteve

show

Hello again, for those of you that read from the very top, down! :D I'm so excited to bring you this edition of Cartographic Surveillance! First off, I'd like to congratulate thehippo8 for joining the ranks of OliverFA as a Foundry Reporter, and OliverFA for joining the ranks of the Boys in Blue as a Cartography Assistant! thehippo8 makes his debut this issue with an article about an important legal matter in the Foundry. Oliver is, of course, back with another, much larger 'Classic' (in both senses), and I got to interview the new Foreman and my recently promoted Reporter! Enjoy, folks!

Victor Sullivan
Foundry Executive

Foundry Talk: What do you want from the Foundry section? by Victor Sullivan

Copyright or Copy Right by thehippo8
show

Classic Review – World 2.1 by Oliver F.A.
show

Hello, Goodbye, and Congrats by Victor Sullivan
show

This time in the clan section we have another update on how things progress in the Conquerors Cup which is seemingly on the slim side and our Newcomers Cup columnist puts a spotlight on the champions of it's inaugural edition. Also included is the double R from BoganGod where he deplores the slow state of improvements in the clan scene, and Black knight has some intriguing suggestions to spice up our Clan Challenges and add something different to the mix. Hardball takes it's break this issue to research new material.

Also hip and happening in the clan scene is the culmination of more than 6 months of Clan League action as Agents of Chaos trail Immortal* Assassins by 7 games to 5 in the final, and a new competition joins the fray in the form of the All Comers Cup.
Something else to look forward to is the start of a 2v2 Clan Challenge which could herald a new adventure for Competitive Clans.

And remember, there are a myriad of other challenges being fought in Active challenges, so we'd love to hear from you the reader on how your individual battles progress.

Leehar
Clan Executive

Conqueror's Cup 2 - Quarterfinal by Leehar (Nem)
show

Clan Spotlight, The Pack by Jigger1986 (GR)
show

Rum Rants - I hate whingers BoganGod (BoFM)
show

Spice up your clan - Alternative Clan Wars by BlackKnight_6 (TNC)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of nagerous. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with nagerous

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
show
Colonel Leehar

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 51: 20-07-2011] Bruces War

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:05 pm

congrats on another fine issue
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 51: 19-07-2011] Bruces War

Postby #1_stunna on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:31 am

Blame it on the alcohol.
12:17:31 ‹Pixar› im gonna be fappin to that all night long
10:59:12 ‹rhp 1› holy hell... that did it.. I pissed myself
15:15:52 ‹Ace Rimmer› Sackett58, I think I may get some action this weekend
15:16:05 ‹Sackett58› Right hand or left Ace?
Major #1_stunna

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:16 am

Good work everyone. :D

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby OliverFA on Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:59 pm

The new Foundry Reporter starts really strong! A very interesting and practical subject. Congrats :)
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby grifftron on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:31 am

Great!
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby FarangDemon on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:41 am

My clan is called the Immortal Assassins, not Imperial Assassins.
Click image to enlarge.

"He came dancin across the water.... FarangDemon, FarangDemon.... mmmhh....what a killer..."
Brigadier FarangDemon

Postby Leehar on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:31 am

FarangDemon wrote:My clan is called the Immortal Assassins, not Imperial Assassins.

lol, it's been a while coming, I have to keep remembering to change it everytime I think of ID
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby ljex on Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Q. Do you actually believe the pre-war predictions you make? If so, do you really think EMPIRE is that bad?

Empire is not bad and has improved a good bit since you guys last played us. I have picked Empire in many wars, yet Empire has not beaten one of the top 5 yet? TSM? THOTA? TOFU? KORT? or LoW. Until then I will pick vs Empire. Prove me wrong.

haha well on out way to proving you wrong though that has not been hard we have already done it in our last 3-4 wars
Major ljex

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:29 am

Empire is surely stepping it up. After losing to LoW, Kort and the like, Empire is making a 180 by taking out IA, and looking to take out TOFU. Well done.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Return to Newsletter Issues