Conquer Club

[CANCELLED] 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 'Vote For CC' Campaigns

Postby reptile on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:22 am

There are a lot of issues that are not getting attention from CC, explain how we lose jpcloet (as the clan director, though i disagree with a lot that he does/says, he has a HUGE impact on the future of clans on cc, which is the reason that people actually stick around more than just one memberships worth... he was trying to be proactive and his issues just never got the time of day they should have), in addition to many of the more experianced guys that left the site as well as a ton of other amazing players that were in the top 10 over the years... and NO it was not cause they were tired of the site, it was because there was no attention paid to the players and those that actually understand how things work on cc and cared enough to try and improve it.

However things like "vote for us" amongst others keep getting plenty of attention and i think it is bull.

I dont always have the most positive attitude towards the dice etc....(lol) though i have brought easily 15 people to the cc web site, i have headed up one of the top clans on cc, i have created tournaments, and i have been a volunteer for the newspaper. Not to mention a faithful customer since 2006! I have even voted for CC in years past in these things, but in all honesty, i really dont think that i will be voting this year...

There are certain things that needs attention that the general population of cc does not see that gets no attention. If it werent for Legends of War i would have been gone long ago, and i consider it all the time... Cmon Lack (andy), please listen to those that care.

Its not the new members that notice things, but the veterans, also it is the veterans that are being lost (and not from boredom but instead frustration)

CC is starting to become a catch and release web site, just as jp mentioned above.
Major reptile

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:57 am

zimmah wrote:
sensfan wrote:Doing this for sure

me too, more people on CC is always nice. and having another medal is just a bonus :)

for sure
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Tisha on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:22 pm

already moved up a few spaces.
Major Tisha

Postby DogAlmighty on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:55 pm

FarangDemon wrote:If CC implements a Clan War Results Database, I'll vote.

What the Demon said.
It would be about time things were done for the clan scene which is the only reason quite alot of members stay premium.
Major DogAlmighty

Postby reptile on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Haha, there is no way to win either way, that pirate quest one is like one of those facebook apps that you get a whole bunch of stuff if you just click like... or in this case vote for them, the more they do it the more they get. In other words it is impossible to beat them with Conquer Club anyway. Its probably the same for a few of those too.
Major reptile

Postby Ace Rimmer on Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 pm

reptile wrote:There are a lot of issues that are not getting attention from CC, explain how we lose jpcloet (as the clan director, though i disagree with a lot that he does/says, he has a HUGE impact on the future of clans on cc, which is the reason that people actually stick around more than just one memberships worth... he was trying to be proactive and his issues just never got the time of day they should have), in addition to many of the more experianced guys that left the site as well as a ton of other amazing players that were in the top 10 over the years... and NO it was not cause they were tired of the site, it was because there was no attention paid to the players and those that actually understand how things work on cc and cared enough to try and improve it.

However things like "vote for us" amongst others keep getting plenty of attention and i think it is bull.

I dont always have the most positive attitude towards the dice etc....(lol) though i have brought easily 15 people to the cc web site, i have headed up one of the top clans on cc, i have created tournaments, and i have been a volunteer for the newspaper. Not to mention a faithful customer since 2006! I have even voted for CC in years past in these things, but in all honesty, i really dont think that i will be voting this year...

There are certain things that needs attention that the general population of cc does not see that gets no attention. If it werent for Legends of War i would have been gone long ago, and i consider it all the time... Cmon Lack (andy), please listen to those that care.

Its not the new members that notice things, but the veterans, also it is the veterans that are being lost (and not from boredom but instead frustration)

CC is starting to become a catch and release web site, just as jp mentioned above.

+1
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:10 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
reptile wrote:There are a lot of issues that are not getting attention from CC, explain how we lose jpcloet (as the clan director, though i disagree with a lot that he does/says, he has a HUGE impact on the future of clans on cc, which is the reason that people actually stick around more than just one memberships worth... he was trying to be proactive and his issues just never got the time of day they should have), in addition to many of the more experianced guys that left the site as well as a ton of other amazing players that were in the top 10 over the years... and NO it was not cause they were tired of the site, it was because there was no attention paid to the players and those that actually understand how things work on cc and cared enough to try and improve it.

+1

^2
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby sensfan on Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:32 pm

MrBenn wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:

+1

^2

Sadly +3

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:46 pm

sensfan wrote:
MrBenn wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:

+1

^2

Sadly +3

Make that 4.

Also, clan war database or something similar would be cool.
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 am

+5. Only reason I'm back is because I really have nothing else to do (recovering from knee surgery).
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby natty dread on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:28 am

This is a stupid thing. I can name 10 things off the top of my head that would be more beneficial for CC admin to spend their time on than this voting silliness.

This thing really is a flop... and I have most of the time defended the decisions of CC in the past, but this thing, it just rubs it in the face of the people who have been waiting for some site update or another, and then they finally see there's something new in Announcements, and then what do they get: some silly voting program where you get a virtual medal or a chance to win some premium time...

I think, if you had released this thing at the same time as some major site update, it would have been much more well received. But releasing it alone, just makes it look like you're wasting your time on frivolosities instead of working on the issues of the site.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby sensfan on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:39 am

natty_dread wrote:This is a stupid thing. I can name 10 things off the top of my head that would be more beneficial for CC admin to spend their time on than this voting silliness.

This thing really is a flop... and I have most of the time defended the decisions of CC in the past, but this thing, it just rubs it in the face of the people who have been waiting for some site update or another, and then they finally see there's something new in Announcements, and then what do they get: some silly voting program where you get a virtual medal or a chance to win some premium time...

I think, if you had released this thing at the same time as some major site update, it would have been much more well received. But releasing it alone, just makes it look like you're wasting your time on frivolosities instead of working on the issues of the site.

+1

My TPA tournament, Chief Trio, is up. Join it now:http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=159516

I cover the TPA Wrap for the CC Newsletter.
Cook sensfan

Location: In front of my computer sitting on a comfy computer chair

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:25 am

natty_dread wrote:This is a stupid thing. I can name 10 things off the top of my head that would be more beneficial for CC admin to spend their time on than this voting silliness.

In what capacity is this wasting admin time? Andy already said this was his idea and his time was spent on setting this up. Andy isn't the Webmaster or programmer, he's the Community Manager. In what way could Andy have spent his time better?

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as eager for updates (particularly XML ones ;) ), but I'm frankly not following your logic.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:13 am

there seems to be a lot of clan members bitching that not enough things are being done for them, even though they make up a very small percentage of the population here.

what's up with that.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby jpcloet on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:26 pm

greenoaks wrote:there seems to be a lot of clan members bitching that not enough things are being done for them, even though they make up a very small percentage of the population here.

what's up with that.

The clan area represents about 1000+ players. Virtually all are premium, which represents about 1/3 of CC's revenues, and a large proportion are 3+ years with the site. And "not enough" is more like "anything". That community has had legitimate gripes for a long time.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:32 pm

I understand the discontent among the people who believe that site things should be implemented more often, but Victor has a point. Andy doesn't program the site, so him not doing this wouldn't have had any affect on the rate at which updates come out. We all have some update that we're looking forward to, for sure, but in the context of this thread specifically, I think some are mixing their apples and oranges.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:34 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:In what way could Andy have spent his time better?

Talking to lack about the fact that the moderators that he leads, which are the highest of the community representatives, are quitting because he is not doing a damn thing to improve the site.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby OliverFA on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Ok guys (and girls). Here is my humble opinion:

Many posters complain that the site has not as many updates as they would like to see. I count myself among them. However, I believe that it is not needed to make the complain in the hard way some of the posters do. Consctructive criticism is often more effective.

I think that launching a "Vote for CC" is a good idea. I also think that it won't waste admin's time. I also think that unless more updates come, this will be a catch and release operation.

So, here is an idea: As many of you believe that updates need to come more often, why don't you organize a friendly campaign to show your (interest in / concern about the lack of) those updates? Call me naive, but I really believe that seeing that a lot of members really care about updates, could have a positive effect in site admins. Specially if they say it in a nice way, something like "We really believe that the site would benefit from more updates" instead of saying in an ugly way such as "how can you be so f*ck*ng retarded not to make more updates regularly". The second sentence will probably not be listened to, no matter how true it is.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby zimmah on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:23 pm

lord voldemort wrote:
grifftron wrote:
lord voldemort wrote:sweet...something useless instead of an actual site upgrade

That was a low blow from a former mod... Your not getting the big picture here lv... we vote to get CC at #1... new people flow into the trap formally known as Conquer Club, lack gets even more money and makes a few updates.

-griff

I understand the theory...but I know that people are walking out the door because updates arent churning out....especially ones that are desperately needed. Like a baby sitter feature.

i wouldn't say a babysitter feature is a must, but it's certainly a good idea to have over time.

i'd rather see some XML updates and other small changes that make a huge difference to the experience.

for example have the legend seperated from the map.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby OliverFA on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:26 pm

I think that there is no such feature as the "top most needed feature". But most certainly there is the need for new features, wathever they are. When there are regular feature updates, you don't worry too much that your favourite feature is not in the update, because you can always hope it will be in the next one.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby zimmah on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:29 pm

mibi wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:
mibi wrote:These exercises are largely futile efforts. As always, the real winner is the topsite owners who convince other sites to drive traffic to their topsite.

You are also driving users to competing sites and will certainly lose a percentage of users to this. Also the type of users gained from sites like these are low value and flighty. I can't say there will be a net gain or loss in users over the year, likely a small gain, but it certainly would not justify the massive effort put forth by users and admins.

There are better avenues for community voting than lame topsites.

There is certainly a chance it is futile effort, but I think we can have fun with the undertaking. And this undertaking is hardly a massive effort. ;)

As for competing websites, if users want to play, uh 'King of the Mafia,' by all means do so. I don't think we are quite in the same niche. :D

Righ,t i think fun and a general community pep rally are the main benefits/side effects here.
Lame Andy, signing off.

--Andy

Right, i think fun and a general community pep rally are the main benefits/side effects going on here. As for massive effort, to reach number 1 it looks like you will need some 7k clicks. Thats certainly no small effort.

since everyone can vote every 12 hours, and lets assume every users will vote an average of about 35 times, we'll only need some 2000 users voting to reach #1. i beleive that's only a small fraction of the active playerbase.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby jpcloet on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:34 pm

OliverFA wrote:So, here is an idea: As many of you believe that updates need to come more often, why don't you organize a friendly campaign to show your (interest in / concern about the lack of) those updates? Call me naive, but I really believe that seeing that a lot of members really care about updates, could have a positive effect in site admins. Specially if they say it in a nice way, something like "We really believe that the site would benefit from more updates" instead of saying in an ugly way such as "how can you be so f*ck*ng retarded not to make more updates regularly". The second sentence will probably not be listened to, no matter how true it is.

The impression is that the Suggestions forum should be that positive influence, but it is not happening. But that gives me another idea to show that lack has the opportunity to listen to the community.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby zimmah on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:37 pm

+2.

even tho i'm personally gong to vote, i believe CC does need to update more frequantly.
There's thousands of players willing to pay for premium each year, but since years there hasn't been any real update at all, that's pretty sad. the site will get much more support from it's users if the site supports it's users as well.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:41 pm

OliverFA wrote:I think that there is no such feature as the "top most needed feature". But most certainly there is the need for new features, wathever they are. When there are regular feature updates, you don't worry too much that your favourite feature is not in the update, because you can always hope it will be in the next one.

regular updates would also be nice but i don't recall CC ever had them.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby OliverFA on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:48 pm

jpcloet wrote:
OliverFA wrote:So, here is an idea: As many of you believe that updates need to come more often, why don't you organize a friendly campaign to show your (interest in / concern about the lack of) those updates? Call me naive, but I really believe that seeing that a lot of members really care about updates, could have a positive effect in site admins. Specially if they say it in a nice way, something like "We really believe that the site would benefit from more updates" instead of saying in an ugly way such as "how can you be so f*ck*ng retarded not to make more updates regularly". The second sentence will probably not be listened to, no matter how true it is.

The impression is that the Suggestions forum should be that positive influence, but it is not happening. But that gives me another idea to show that lack has the opportunity to listen to the community.

Which idea? ;)

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives