Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 52: 08-08-2011] The Nag speaks

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 52: 08-08-2011] The Nag speaks

Postby Leehar on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:44 am

Welcome Comrades to the 52nd edition of the Dispatch :)
With jricart having trouble with his internet connection I get a chance to again take the glory for publishing the issue this week after jrt did all the hard work in getting it prepared for us.

And in the absence of Victor Sullivan (who's on vacation), his two apprentices do a wonderful job in getting the freestyle and foundry sections out, so big thumbs to the work of Safariguy5 and OliverFA respectively.

For freestyle this issue I bring your attention to the investigative journalism that came to us through top-secret sources as we discover the origins of ConquerClub. In tournaments we're given the latest and greatest news on the recently unveiled TPA2, and in the foundry we delve into the wheels of time as we look at Chess through the ages on CC maps. Clans also ends up with an interview of FarangDemon on the analytical ranking thats been much hailed of late.

So without further ado, here's the freestyle section where we'll see the former Newsletter Executive and current Chatters Head (amongst his host of other contributions), let the Nag speak!

Leehar - Pinch-hitting Newsletter Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

The Clan section would also specifically be interested in reporters who could take over coverage of CC2, and those interested in covering events in the ACC.

Welcome Welcome, to the 52nd issue's Freestyle Section. Unfortunately, our beloved Sully needs to take a quick vacation due to the incorrigible scamps in the Freestyle Department. That or the severe kneecapping I may or may not know/participated in. 8-[

Anyways, we have an interview with everyone's favorite Alcoholics Unanonymous leader and co-founder of the Wild Geese, nagerous. I'm also contractually obligated to mention that we have a new Scum Insider article on cults written by yours truly.

rdsrds2120 is introducing a new column about some of the smaller forums, but for this week, he brings us some community suggestions for new Special Events. And finally, a special report on a possibly troublesome origin of the the CC website.

If you're interested in writing for the Freestyle Team, we are actively looking for new writers. You can apply here.

Enjoy!
safariguy5
Temporary Freestyle Executive

Community Opinion on Special Events by safariguy5 and rdsrds2120
show

Current Events by safariguy5
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5, nagerous and Fircoal
show

show: Interrogation of nagerous

Hi again amigos and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments.

This time, Dukasaur is giving us a review of the past editions of his "Meet the Tournament Winners!" series of interviews. Angola is back on the Dispatch team after a short vacation, and he is bringing us a little review of the new and upcoming TPA 2. And finally but no less important, Sonicsteve is providing a great compilation of new tournaments currently in the Signup process with his "Join this? Or Not!" Section.

jricart
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Winners! by Dukasaur
show: Interview directory

All-inclusive update on the TPA by angola
show

Join This? Or Not! by sonicsteve
show

Hello Dispatch readers! This issue Victor Sullivan is not with us because he is enjoying well deserved holidays :D In his absence I have compiled the Foundry articles. I hope Sully sends us a postcard from his holiday place! Who knows? Maybe we can even have a map about it!

But even if he is on holiday, Victor Sullivan has spent some time writing the second part of his Foundry Interview. MrBenn, the well known Foundry Leader, is the one answering the questions in this half. I recommend you to read the interview, as it's a really interesting one.

thehippo8 is continuing his deep search through the Foundry archives, and this issue he informs us about the chess maps that have been made (or attempted to make) during this time. On my side I continue the tour around the Classic maps. This time we are traveling to an Oasis.

Also, I am happy to announce that Victor has enlisted two new reporters. They will improve the Foundry section of the newsletter with quality articles in the next issues. Please welcome Gillipig and koontz1973! =D>

OliverFA
Temporary Foundry Executive

Frustration for Chess Buffs by thehippo8
show

Hello, Goodbye, and Congrats, Part II by Victor Sullivan
show

Classic Review – Oasis by Oliver F.A.
show

We have an exciting bulletin up this week with another in-depth look at the matches in CC2, a new ladder that makes it's appearance to critical acclaim, predictions for the first round of All Comers Cup action that starts soon (thanks to reptile for his unknowing contributions to the newsletter), and our intrepid reporter's interview with the creator of the Algorithm of 400 that sees it's first application in the aforementioned ACC.

Also determined is the crowning of the Clan League Season 3 Champions, Immortal Assassins, who rubber stamped their title with the 10th win on Forbidden City.
While it still had it's share of controversy (this time over timing out to skip spoils), IA are no doubt worthy winners after coming tops in a hard fought Division C (Comprising the aforementioned AoC, CC2 Quarter-finalists Foed, my own Nemesis, the now defunct SoW, and up-and-coming Dynasty), suppressing Mythology comfortably, dealing a Spanking to the Monkeys, and now calming the Chaos.

Leehar
Clan Executive

Conqueror's Cup 2 - Quarterfinal by Leehar (Nem)
show

Clan War Results Database & Leap Ladder
show

All Comers Cup (ACC) Predictions
show

Interview between a God and a Demon by BoganGod (BoFM)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of Army of God. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Army of God

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to nagerous and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
show
Colonel Leehar

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 52: 08-08-2011] The Nag speaks

Postby #1_stunna on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:03 pm

nagerous
Especially banning stunna. :twisted:

don't lie, you haven't banned me yet.
12:17:31 ‹Pixar› im gonna be fappin to that all night long
10:59:12 ‹rhp 1› holy hell... that did it.. I pissed myself
15:15:52 ‹Ace Rimmer› Sackett58, I think I may get some action this weekend
15:16:05 ‹Sackett58› Right hand or left Ace?
Major #1_stunna

Postby DiM on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:55 pm

nice issue again :)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Leehar on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:24 pm

DiM wrote:nice issue again :)

Has it made you want to start writing for us yet? ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby agonzos on Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:46 pm

The TOFU War Room link was hilarious. :lol: :lol:

Very creative and all in good fun. Bravo EMPIRE! =D> =D>
Brigadier agonzos

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:12 am

There were not enough questions about nagerous being drunk. 8-[
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Qwert on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:01 am

Q. Who are your favourite Risk partners?

I have been playing doubles with ga7 for over four years now and he has proved himself to be a valuable partner and great team mate. We understand each other so well that there is no need for team chat and we just blag our way to victory . I enjoy playing games with all the geese though like fircoal, pmchugh, bonus_mop, kwanton, drew483, johhny rico etc. From my bandit days, playing alongside fruitcake was always enjoyable, as was playing quads with the General Mojo crew.

i dont see mine name in geese :x
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:22 am

Good work! Here's to North Korea.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Kudos and well done to safariguy5 and OliverFA for compiling the Freestyle and Foundry sections respectively in my absence! :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Commander9 on Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Brilliant, Nagerous =D> Very, very enjoyable read.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby OliverFA on Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Very interesting issue overall, and very interesting interview with MrBenn in particular.
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby wcaclimbing on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:10 am

=D> Excellent review of the Oasis map.
It's nice to know people still like playing on it.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Return to Newsletter Issues