Conquer Club

chipv's scripts

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

chipv's scripts

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:54 am

Sucks to hear that chipv will not be supporting any of his tools any more. I really hope the tech team appoints someone to take over many of those tools!
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Re: chipv's scripts

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:07 am

Yeah... I wonder what's up with him. I feel like I hardly ever see him post as it is, and this time it's a mass discontinuation of all of his projects... Is he quitting/giving up? I don't understand... :?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby phantomzero on Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:41 pm

There's got to be a story there, but it's sad to lose a long time contributor to the community :(
Sergeant 1st Class phantomzero

Postby greenoaks on Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:26 pm

does he hates us now?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Herbas on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:21 am

I really really hope that someone will take over his projects. His scripts are simply invaluable.
Colonel Herbas

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:52 pm

Herbas wrote:I really really hope that someone will take over his projects. His scripts are simply invaluable.

+1
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby AgentSmith88 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:34 pm

I know of at least one other mod team leader that quit in protest to lack's complete disregard for concerns about those trying to improve the site. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he quit because of the bureaucratic b.s. one has to put up with in his position.

Then again I could be way off base in his case.
king sam wrote:quit facebook stalking me... and Im a sailor all I do is drunk, cuss and make illegitimate kids when Im away from CC

dont sig that
Captain AgentSmith88

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:43 pm

AgentSmith88 wrote:I know of at least one other mod team leader that quit in protest to lack's complete disregard for concerns about those trying to improve the site. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he quit because of the bureaucratic b.s. one has to put up with in his position.

Way off base is right.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby chipv on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:31 am

Not way off base at all, I'm afraid, Bruce, I would like to just leave it at that.
Captain chipv

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:01 am

Wow. This is pretty distressing development.

:(
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby danryan on Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Sad news. Conquer club owes a huge debt of gratitude to chipv, whose work has done so much to enhance the playing experience here. You'll be sorely missed.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:11 pm

as chipv has thown in the towel and will no longer be working on his scripts they will quickly fall out of date and became useless.

does this mean we have a stronger case now to get Lack to implement site-wide things like Map Rank GL and Speed Turns ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby blakebowling on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:36 pm

greenoaks wrote:as chipv has thown in the towel and will no longer be working on his scripts they will quickly fall out of date and became useless.

does this mean we have a stronger case now to get Lack to implement site-wide things like Map Rank GL and Speed Turns ?

Most likely someone will step up and take over some of his scripts.
Private blakebowling

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:55 pm

blakebowling wrote:
greenoaks wrote:as chipv has thown in the towel and will no longer be working on his scripts they will quickly fall out of date and became useless.

so if we discourage that we'll experience some short term pain for a long term gain
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby blakebowling on Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:59 pm

greenoaks wrote:
blakebowling wrote:

so if we discourage that we'll experience some short term pain for a long term gain

Possibly. I suppose anything could happen.
Private blakebowling

Postby elGrande on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:34 pm

AgentSmith88 wrote:I know of at least one other mod team leader that quit in protest to lack's complete disregard for concerns about those trying to improve the site. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he quit because of the bureaucratic b.s. one has to put up with in his position.

So.. I had posted earlier in the day on the thread about "Round Limits". I saw the tweet about it.. headed over.. made a nice post supporting the addition.. but also offered a suggestion about a tie breaker not being decided by only most troops... and I gave a very clear example of why. I then offered my own services to create proper math to figure a winner based on just the data that's already displayed for everyone to see. Anyway.. I come back to check on the thread... and my post is GONE! Completely Censored by the person that started the thread...

Being in the video game industry as I have for over 12 years .. and currently designing a full league/tournament module site.. I knew that removing my post meant that the person that coded the 'Round Limits'... thought they were the only one to think it up and since they coded it.. it was the best option it could be.. blah blah.. everyone else 'F' off.

This is the first time that I have dealt with this moderator or have been censored on these forums. .... and I tell ya.. the post was not in anyway negative or condescending. Who was the moderator that removed my post you ask...?

lackattack..

enough said.
Cook elGrande

Postby blakebowling on Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:54 pm

elGrande wrote:

So.. I had posted earlier in the day on the thread about "Round Limits". I saw the tweet about it.. headed over.. made a nice post supporting the addition.. but also offered a suggestion about a tie breaker not being decided by only most troops... and I gave a very clear example of why. I then offered my own services to create proper math to figure a winner based on just the data that's already displayed for everyone to see. Anyway.. I come back to check on the thread... and my post is GONE! Completely Censored by the person that started the thread...

Being in the video game industry as I have for over 12 years .. and currently designing a full league/tournament module site.. I knew that removing my post meant that the person that coded the 'Round Limits'... thought they were the only one to think it up and since they coded it.. it was the best option it could be.. blah blah.. everyone else 'F' off.

This is the first time that I have dealt with this moderator or have been censored on these forums. .... and I tell ya.. the post was not in anyway negative or condescending. Who was the moderator that removed my post you ask...?

lackattack..

enough said.

Three things.

1. You don't know who removed your post.
2. IF it was removed, it most likely wasn't lack.
3. What does this have anything to do with this thread?
Private blakebowling

Postby elGrande on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:34 pm

Hey blake... 3 things..

1. You are correct.. I made an assumption.. my apologies.
2. you are assuming it was not lack.
3. It has to do with the quote that was in this very thread.. and also posted on 'lacks' wall.. so.. shhhhh.
Cook elGrande

Postby blakebowling on Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:38 pm

elGrande wrote:Hey blake... 3 things..

1. You are correct.. I made an assumption.. my apologies.
2. you are assuming it was not lack.
3. It has to do with the quote that was in this very thread.. and also posted on 'lacks' wall.. so.. shhhhh.

I just had the logs checked. There is no record of your post, or of one being deleted in that thread. Therefore I know it wasn't lack.
Private blakebowling

Postby ender516 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:23 am

I know I have typed volumes on this site and later found no trace of it. I presume I have simply forgotten to hit Submit. It's a bummer, but I have no one to blame but myself.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Calidrmr on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:04 pm

ender516 wrote:I know I have typed volumes on this site and later found no trace of it. I presume I have simply forgotten to hit Submit. It's a bummer, but I have no one to blame but myself.

same here...especially when i have 5 CC tabs open & consulting other posts...lol...lost a complete user guide that way 8-[
<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Sergeant 1st Class Calidrmr

Return to Tool Archives