Conquer Club

[Feedback Request] New Round Limits? (NEW POLL)

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

What should be the available round limits?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Total votes : 0

Re: [Feedback Request] New Round Limits? (NEW POLL)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:08 pm

grifftron wrote:I voted 3rd option, but seriously.. just make a medal for this and all will be happy.

Honestly, I'd be against medals for the Round Limit feature. Round Limits should be used more as a functional thing than a medal-hunting thing, if that makes sense.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby squishyg on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Definitely keep 100 rounds!! My favorite games usually last at least that long.

Why not just 30, 50, 100? 20 rounds is nothing!
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby gorehound on Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:14 am

So what exactly would happen when the game reaches the limit? How would winners and sequences be determined? Or would all lose?
Major gorehound

Postby General Brewsie on Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:35 am

squishyg wrote:Definitely keep 100 rounds!! My favorite games usually last at least that long.

Why not just 30, 50, 100? 20 rounds is nothing!

I agree with squishyg. Well, 20 games is a bit long for some maps, but it's not an unreasonable number, so it should not be included in the possible limits. The other three options are very reasonable, however.

But I too wonder what will happen when the limit is reached.
Lieutenant General Brewsie

Postby DiM on Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:22 am

General Brewsie wrote:But I too wonder what will happen when the limit is reached.

gorehound wrote:So what exactly would happen when the game reaches the limit? How would winners and sequences be determined? Or would all lose?

read here: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153794
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby General Brewsie on Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:14 am

DiM wrote:
General Brewsie wrote:But I too wonder what will happen when the limit is reached.

gorehound wrote:So what exactly would happen when the game reaches the limit? How would winners and sequences be determined? Or would all lose?

read here: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=153794

Oops! Thanks. :oops:

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:43 am

lackattack wrote:Based on feedback collected by our Community Manager and game stats (only 0.1% of games make it to round 100) I propose that we switch up the round limits to make them more flexible. The new limits would be:

None, 20, 30, 40, 50

Any 100 Round Limit games would be converted to 50 (so far that won't make a much difference to any ongoing games).

Do you agree with this change?
Lack, I will tell you why it is good to have a round limit. I been caught up before in 6-8 player escalating games where players refuse to attack and sit there on their asses waiting for other players to do something. The game draws out to 6 months and a couple hundred rounds until someone yells " hey, lets set up another game and who ever wins that game we will let that player win this game too". In my opinion, there is never a " draw ". So if we put a cap on games with limited rounds, than perhaps that will force players to actually move and play rather than just sitting back and deploying round after round.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Postby Arethusa on Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:02 am

lackattack wrote:Based on feedback collected by our Community Manager and game stats (only 0.1% of games make it to round 100)

If that's the case, why bother having round limits at all? I for one, will not be creating any games with round limits.

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
Sergeant 1st Class Arethusa

Postby General Brewsie on Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:29 am

Arethusa is going too far toward the other extreme, not having any limits at all. Better to reduce the maximum number of games that could be limited to a statistically significant number. That number may be 80 or 70 or some other number. Lackattack, if you have access to those stats, why not select the number that represents say, 5% of the maximum turns and set that as the largest limitation we could select. That figure could be rounded, of course, to the nearest 5, e.g. not 73 rounds, but 75.

Postby ws1 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:39 pm

ost of us couldnt care less. only you guys use it
Sergeant 1st Class ws1

Location: Chicago, New York, Detroit and its all on the same street

Postby morleyjoe on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:32 pm

While I did miss the poll, I certainly concur with the results. My two cents...
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby nippersean on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:40 pm

I'd agree with rd limits - it only happened recently but,

8275391 and others, we even got bored talking to each other - it's a plain draw. 200 rds, 14 missed turns, it don't matter.

I was going to try and knock us all down, so it was a game, but couldn't see a way to do it evenly.

Didn't vote, but 100 is surely the absolute max? 50?
Brigadier nippersean

Postby General Brewsie on Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:59 pm

In subbing for a clan member tonight I found a game he's in, the Max prison Riot, that is now in its 530th round. he has 79,000 on some positions, the player that holds the yard has 5000 on each position, etc. How preposterous! Whoever attacks one of the three players will get blasted by the other, so it just goes on and on and on and on .......

Postby Arethusa on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:40 am

General Brewsie wrote:In subbing for a clan member tonight I found a game he's in, the Max prison Riot, that is now in its 530th round. he has 79,000 on some positions, the player that holds the yard has 5000 on each position, etc. How preposterous! Whoever attacks one of the three players will get blasted by the other, so it just goes on and on and on and on .......

Surely the best option for this type of game is for the system to enable a vote by each player to agree to a draw. Once all players have voted, a majority decision will decide whether or not the game continues or is drawn.

God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best.
Sergeant 1st Class Arethusa

Postby squishyg on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:06 am

Arethusa wrote:
General Brewsie wrote:In subbing for a clan member tonight I found a game he's in, the Max prison Riot, that is now in its 530th round. he has 79,000 on some positions, the player that holds the yard has 5000 on each position, etc. How preposterous! Whoever attacks one of the three players will get blasted by the other, so it just goes on and on and on and on .......

Surely the best option for this type of game is for the system to enable a vote by each player to agree to a draw. Once all players have voted, a majority decision will decide whether or not the game continues or is drawn.

this has been suggested many times. it will not be implemented because the chance for abuse is too high. establishing a round limit before the game starts is a much more efficient way to eliminate stalemate games.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:53 am

squishyg wrote:this has been suggested many times. it will not be implemented because the chance for abuse is too high. establishing a round limit before the game starts is a much more efficient way to eliminate stalemate games.

Limit it so draws can only be offered after games that exceed round 100? Im pretty sure that wouldn't encourage abuse :-s
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby littlejerry on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:13 pm

I would love to see a 10-round limit for short rt games! :)
Corporal 1st Class littlejerry

Postby lackattack on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I have added the 30 rounds to the existings options since that is what almost everyone wants :D

MoB Deadly wrote:Limit it so draws can only be offered after games that exceed round 100? Im pretty sure that wouldn't encourage abuse :-s

Very good point - perhaps we should reconsider vote for draw!
Sergeant lackattack

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion