Conquer Club

Official 200 Maps Celebration

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Official 200 Maps Celebration

Postby Ffraid on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:17 am

Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:if anyone from the entertaining team could answer yesterday s question asked several times by many members; can we get 1 medal for each 5 map participating every single day?

At the end of the event, everyone who successfully identified all changes in a map will receive a medal. It will state how many maps you identified...But only one medal will be awarded, not five.

Thanks for the clarification, Gilligan. I was curious about that, too.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby Leehar on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:09 am

anonymus wrote:classic was the first map?

Classic's still the first map?
http://wcforums.org/stdc/200mapcontest/contest.php
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Gilligan on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:17 am

In approximately 8 hours the next one will be up.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Gillipig on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:26 am

Best part of this is that now we can play some maps that otherwise isn't available. It's also nice to give the hardworking mapmakers some cred as well.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Ffraid on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:34 am

Gilligan wrote:In approximately 8 hours the next one will be up.

The first post says that the next one won't be up until 24 hours after the first one ends.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby eddie2 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:36 am

Gillipig wrote:Best part of this is that now we can play some maps that otherwise isn't available. It's also nice to give the hardworking mapmakers some cred as well.

i wonder if someone could do a speed tourney incoorparating the limited edition map.
Major eddie2

Postby Gilligan on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 am

Ffraid wrote:
Gilligan wrote:In approximately 8 hours the next one will be up.

The first post says that the next one won't be up until 24 hours after the first one ends.

/can't count

From now, 31 hours 8-)
Captain Gilligan

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:40 am

Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:i m curious to see if the last one found is the same for all of us, or if the hardest is different for every person. i guess when this map is finished we will be able to tell which we found last and gave us the most effort.. it took me half an hour yesterday to find all 5..

interesting to see which ones are the most played; the top 10 doesn t surprise me at all though.

if anyone from the entertaining team could answer yesterday s question asked several times by many members; can we get 1 medal for each 5 map participating every single day?

At the end of the event, everyone who successfully identified all changes in a map will receive a medal. It will state how many maps you identified...But only one medal will be awarded, not five.

ok so finding 1 map or finding 5 gives the exact same reward?? too bad..
i think the ones that find the 5 could at least get 2 GA medals..?
Major betiko

Postby jackal31 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:52 pm

are there any other awards for finding all 25 differences? Or is it just for braggin rights? In other words, adding to the above convo, there isnt a premium award for giving 120 hours of effort? Why would anyone go beyond the first 24 then?
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Postby eddie2 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:23 pm

jackal31 wrote:are there any other awards for finding all 25 differences? Or is it just for braggin rights? In other words, adding to the above convo, there isnt a premium award for giving 120 hours of effort? Why would anyone go beyond the first 24 then?

i think if you do all 5 you get a general contribution medal as well. just due to the fact you contributed to keeping it going.
Major eddie2

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:34 pm

You need to add 1, 2 and 3 to the AOR titles. Few people know them by the "mayhem/magic, etc titles".

And... were these maps just placed randomly?m The groupings don't seem to make sense.

But.. Classic always wins in popularity. Not sure why you included that along with the others, to be honest.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Leehar on Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:27 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:You need to add 1, 2 and 3 to the AOR titles. Few people know them by the "mayhem/magic, etc titles".

And... were these maps just placed randomly?m The groupings don't seem to make sense.

But.. Classic always wins in popularity. Not sure why you included that along with the others, to be honest.

From what qwert posted, world 2.1 is actually leading? And they groupings were done by random.org if I remember Andy's comments.

Also, I'd edit the AoR titles, but I'm actually not sure if doing things like that could possibly negate all previous votes, so I'll leave it to the others

And then Jackal, I think the other 4 comps, are either just for fun, or also to give people another bite at the cherry if they missed the first one etc.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:21 pm

jackal31 wrote:are there any other awards for finding all 25 differences? Or is it just for braggin rights? In other words, adding to the above convo, there isnt a premium award for giving 120 hours of effort? Why would anyone go beyond the first 24 then?

i completely agree with you..
If you complete 1 or if you complete 5 there is no incentive. If it s just for fun there is no real use in even completing the form.. if it s just something that will be written in an email "congrats you completed 1 map" instead of 5, you can just go and spot them, or find 2-3 diferences on 1 map and just let it go..
1 medal for each map might be a bit too much (though it s not clearly specified in the rules and i wouldn t mind ;-) ); but a diferent prize for people completing it 5 times seems justified to me (i suggest a second medal)
Major betiko

Postby agentcom on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Gilligan wrote:
betiko wrote:i m curious to see if the last one found is the same for all of us, or if the hardest is different for every person. i guess when this map is finished we will be able to tell which we found last and gave us the most effort.. it took me half an hour yesterday to find all 5..

interesting to see which ones are the most played; the top 10 doesn t surprise me at all though.

if anyone from the entertaining team could answer yesterday s question asked several times by many members; can we get 1 medal for each 5 map participating every single day?

So what's the incentive for doing more than one map? The official rules clearly state that "For those who can correctly locate and identify all 5 differences for a given map, they will receive a General Achievement Medal!" It doesn't say that there is "limit one per customer" as someone pointed out earlier. At the very least, you guys could offer 2 medals for 2 or 3 and 3 medals for 5. Or something like that.

Glad I found this out before I spent more time on this competition. I imagine there are people who aren't reading through pages of forum posts and just reading the supposed rules that will be pretty upset about looking for differences 5 times and only getting one medal.

Pertinent information for a competition should be clearly posted on the first page BEFORE it starts. Even changing the first page at this point won't help things as many people will think they know the rules (because they read them) and click over to the map competition over the next few days. Unfortunately, they will be wasting their time.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby nebsmith on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:10 pm

I wont be wasting my time - my medal is going to have a 5 on it :D
Sergeant nebsmith

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:20 pm

eddie2 wrote:

i think if you do all 5 you get a general contribution medal as well. just due to the fact you contributed to keeping it going.

I think Eddie has the best suggestion!
I think mods will agree that there is a problem with the rules and retribution of this. it does say "for a given map"..
if 1 is too much, a contribution medal for all 5 seems more than fair for all participants answering all five maps correctly.

by the way, the second should be up? i will check
Major betiko

Postby agentcom on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:29 pm

betiko wrote:
by the way, the second should be up? i will check

Not yet. There is a one day gap between all challenges. Probably to give mods time to grade the papers.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby agentcom on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:23 pm

PM to all players from Samuelc:

You are receiving this message because you participated in the Spot the Differences contest as part of the 200 Maps Celebration.

First off, my apologies ...

Anyone can earn a medal by finding all 5 differences on any one map, that means you only need to find all the differences on one map to earn a medal and you won't receive 5 medals for finding all the differences on each of the maps.

However, we will be tallying all results and at the end of the contest, the people with the highest amount of differences spotted correctly across all 5 maps WILL receive a SECOND General Achievement Medal.

~Sam

Probably the best way of handling this. Nicely done.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby samuelc812 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:35 pm

Spot the Differences Clarifications and Amendments!

For those who can correctly locate and identify all 5 differences for any ONE map, they will receive a General Achievement Medal! :)

As a bonus, anyone who correctly locates and identifies EVERY difference on EVERY map will receive a Second General Achievement Medal, at the end of the contest! :)

Results for the first map will be posted here shortly :)

~Sam
Captain samuelc812

Postby pearljamrox2 on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Happy birthday Sam
Major pearljamrox2

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:03 pm

Can the 5 limited edition maps pop up in random this week? Also, thanks to the entertainment team for putting this together. The spot the differences are too hard for me,but they are fun nonetheless.

I disagree that the numbers NEED to be added to the AoR maps. I think that if it is your favorite map, you would know the name AND number.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby unknownhero on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:04 pm

been down with CC since sept of 07'!

love this site!

everyone involved does a fucking amazing job!

Happy to donate my fee every year!

-unk
Corporal 1st Class unknownhero

Postby zimmah on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:43 am

since it's not possible anymore to participate for the first map, is it OK now to talk about the differences you spot on the first map?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Leehar on Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:17 am

Let the grades come out first ;)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Gilligan on Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:32 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Can the 5 limited edition maps pop up in random this week? Also, thanks to the entertainment team for putting this together. The spot the differences are too hard for me,but they are fun nonetheless.

I disagree that the numbers NEED to be added to the AoR maps. I think that if it is your favorite map, you would know the name AND number.

Yes, it happened to me :)
Captain Gilligan

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives