Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 59: 16-11-2011] Aint Nuthin But a G Thang

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 59: 16-11-2011] Aint Nuthin But a G Thang

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 59th edition of the Dispatch :)

Big news this week as Victor Sullivan will be taking over full time as Newsletter Executive. For all those people who love to read my summaries of the newsletter, sorry, but this is the last time you'll see me writing at the very top.

Anyways, highlights of this issue include a new CC story in the Freestyle Section, some tips on how to run tournaments in the in the Tournament section, possible new map ideas in the Foundry Section, and the fickle mistress that is luck in the Clan section. Something for everyone, and I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. Go stuff your face and watch some football or hockey.

safariguy5 - Newsletter Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hello again everyone, we have another interrogation for you. From the Sexiest Clan on CC, squishyg has kindly agreed to answer your questions. Of course, we have another Scum Insider, and shieldgenerator7 begins a new story about a possible future with CC in it. He's looking for some more people who want to be in his story, so please PM him if you would like to be a character.

-safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Epic CC Story: Prologue by shieldgenerator7
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of squishyg

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

In this issue we get the second installment of DaveH's Tournament Tips. If you're serious about running tournaments efficiently, I would definitely suggest that you follow this series. Dave is a master of Excel and some of the ways he has devised to simplify complex record-keeping tasks are amazing!

Angola and sonicsteve weigh in with their regular features, and sonicsteve has a special article as well, reminding us about the special requirements of large-team tourneys. Enjoy!

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: randomising your player list

TPA update by angola
show

Join This? Or Not! by sonicsteve
show

Large Team Tournaments: what are they? by sonicsteve
show

Hey, hey, hey, folks! I have some rather shocking news! This will be my last issue as the Foundry Executive. thehippo8 has been a Foundry Reporter here for a long time now and his diligence and overall article quality has really been a blessing, so he will be stepping up next issue as the new Foundry Executive. I have the utmost confidence in him, so I hope you'll all help me in welcoming him to the Executive team :) Now, just because I'm stepping down as the Foundry Executive doesn't mean I'm leaving. Quite the contrary, actually. But more on that later ;)

Now for the articles! thehippo8 has one "boomshankar" of an article for you (*shrugs* his word, not mine. I just hope it isn't something profane in another language :sick: ) and koontz looks at "what's next for maps", including some of the countries that have been neglected, despite CC's vast collection of 201 maps!

Enjoy, folks, and I'll see you next issue ;)

Victor Sullivan
Foundry Executive

Gimme Good Gamieness by thehippo8
show

What's Next for maps? koontz1973
show

This week we have 2 rant-filled litany's on the woes of disorganization and the vagaries of luck by the resident Bogan from down under and the Norse hound respectively.
Elsewhere in the clan scene, The Pack finally wrap up their epic top ten challenge with a close victory, wherein it ratcheted up more views than the Tofu-Empire saga in the CC2 quarterfinals

In Clan Competition news, the most exciting of which is the introduction of a 7 game tiebreak to decide the CC2 Semi-final between THOTA and TSM, the inaugural Random League heads into it's 7th week with Mythology taking the lead and both the All-Comers Cup (ACC) and the Clan Directors' Random Suicide Tournament (RST) are into their third rounds.
For the RST, the semi-finalists in the main bracket are Empire, Agents of Chaos, Legion and Brethren of the Fat Mermaid (who were the top 4 seeds coming into the event).

The 2nd edition of the Newcomers Cup has also commenced, with 12 clans participating and the top 4 according to A400 having a bye.

The perennial Chuuuuck also returns to the Clan Scene, so if you want his expert assistance, make your offers known here
Leehar
Clan Executive

My Bad Everyone's favourite God
show

HARDBALLS by Master Fenrir
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of rdsrds2120. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with rdsrds2120

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to safariguy5 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team
Captain safariguy5

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 59: 16-11-2011] Aint Nuthin But a G T

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Ah! I just realized it's 202 maps. I forgot about the Coliseum map!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby tec805 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:58 pm

leehar wrote:The Pack finally rap up their epic top ten challenge with a close victory, wherein it ratcheted up more views than the Tofu-Empire saga in the CC2 quarterfinals

Boom-shaka-yeah-yeah-baby... Oh wait, you meant wrapped as in finished. Gotcha, no more rapping for me ;) We all hope the peanut gallery enjoyed the show.
show: spoiler sigs are like my dice, they suck
General tec805

Location: ☀ Southern California, where the sunshine's shining ☀

Postby Leehar on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:11 am

:-^
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Leehar wrote::-^

:roll:
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Leehar on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:36 am

Can you rap to :-({|=
:?:
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby trapyoung on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:32 pm

That interview was quite extensive.
Colonel trapyoung

Postby Foxglove on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Nice interview, squishy. That was one of my favorites!
Brigadier Foxglove

Postby squishyg on Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:32 pm

thanks foxy!

yes trappy, it was definitely long, but I wanted to answer everyone who took the time to ask me a question. hope it was extensive in a good way!
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:10 am

squishyg wrote:thanks foxy!

yes trappy, it was definitely long, but I wanted to answer everyone who took the time to ask me a question. hope it was extensive in a good way!

You took the "x" in "sexism", stomped on it, threw it out the window, ran it over with your car, burnt it with a blowtorch, then rearranged the remaining letters to make "misse".

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:34 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:

You took the "x" in "sexism", stomped on it, threw it out the window, ran it over with your car, burnt it with a blowtorch, then rearranged the remaining letters to make "misse".

-Sully

Nice visual!

Purple microdot?
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 am

Nah, red macroperiod.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby squishyg on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:08 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:

-Sully

Aw shucks, thanks Sully!
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Return to Newsletter Issues