Conquer Club

Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:58 pm

I was in the help chat asking about how to make a real time game and arrcee said I have to ask in callouts chat. I said that sucks 'cause warlight.net, where I usually play, has no limit on games and free realtime games. Then arrcee kicked me from all live chat for bigotry. Is this the way your mods act around here? Was he seriously just kicking me because I mentioned another risk website?

EDIT: Now whenever I try to join live chat, it says I can't because I am "banished"... :x
Lieutenant TheGeneral2112

Re: Why did I just get kicked from live chat?

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:00 pm

Still can't get into live chat an hour later... Seriously? I join this site, ask for help, and then have to deal with this shit?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Arrcee is a nail.

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Arcee is a girl first off.. secondly, mods are only allowed to kick ppl for certian reasons, so if she kicked you for biggotry, most likely you were being rude to some degree. learn from it, and fix it. dont go off on others for your mistakes
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby QoH on Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:24 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Arcee is a girl first off.. secondly, mods are only allowed to kick ppl for certian reasons, so if she kicked you for biggotry, most likely you were being rude to some degree. learn from it, and fix it. dont go off on others for your mistakes

If you had looked at what he wrote it wasn't bad.

He said, how do you create etc games, and arcee said go to the callouts, and only premiums can do speed games Mind you,this was in the help tab, where he should have been, since this was a question. Then he said "gay... Blah blah blah about how you can do free speed games at this other site"

I'm guessing arcee kicked him for saying gay. Completely overreacting, and I don't see how the OP was out of line. It wasn't even as thoughhe was ranting. He got kicked after writing 2 lines of chat.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:20 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Arcee is a girl first off.. secondly, mods are only allowed to kick ppl for certian reasons, so if she kicked you for biggotry, most likely you were being rude to some degree. learn from it, and fix it. dont go off on others for your mistakes.

Boy, I guess the saying is true... The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

QoH wrote:If you had looked at what he wrote it wasn't bad.

He said, how do you create etc games, and arcee said go to the callouts, and only premiums can do speed games Mind you,this was in the help tab, where he should have been, since this was a question. Then he said "gay... Blah blah blah about how you can do free speed games at this other site"

I'm guessing arcee kicked him for saying gay. Completely overreacting, and I don't see how the OP was out of line. It wasn't even as thoughhe was ranting. He got kicked after writing 2 lines of chat.

Come to think of it, I did indeed say that. In fact, a more exacting quote could be told. "That's pretty gay, warlight.net has no limit on games AND free speed games..."

Though even with that being said, I honestly can't believe that is an acceptable way for your moderators to act, is it? This is only my most recent risk site, certainly not my first, but the welcome here has been... Shall we just say, more than lacking? I'm not so full of myself that I need a full blown banquet with the red carpet rolled out. I do however, expect some beer and pizza. Okay, but in all seriousness, really?

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

Maybe Arcee was just mad because of something IRL, not your fault though. Maybe someone can fix it for you.
General Extreme Ways

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Noƫl Bangma wrote:Maybe Arcee was just mad because of something IRL, not your fault though. Maybe someone can fix it for you.

I'm just scared that people like that have such power to begin with.

Postby The Voice on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Meh, we're volunteers, risk lovers just like you, and we make mistakes. I'm sorry that happened if that's really all you said. And I am sorry your experience has been...unpleasant to say the least.

Anyhow, Greetings!
Major The Voice

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:55 pm

The Voice wrote:Meh, we're volunteers, risk lovers just like you, and we make mistakes. I'm sorry that happened if that's really all you said. And I am sorry your experience has been...unpleasant to say the least.

Anyhow, Greetings!

I feel like you just broke out the 1978 Chateauneuf du Pape, Reserve (Chateau Rayas). Hallelujah, today is the day!

Postby IcePack on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 pm

2112....? Are you from the future? What's it like?!?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:27 pm

IcePack wrote:2112....? Are you from the future? What's it like?!?

In 2112 the democrats have cured cancer, fed the world, and we all have no rights. The declaration has been revoked, but the upside is there is no crime to speak of. Thankfully, the government is now able to read our minds and arrest us before we have committed a crime. We all take pills every day. These pills have the ability to oppress our emotions and remove all repartee in our daily lives. In fact, the government makes sure we are safe from disagreement by helping our minds to hold the same views on everything. This has created true peace. This is what I can offer you, from the future.

Postby IcePack on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:14 pm

TheGeneral2112 wrote:

In 2112 the democrats have cured cancer, fed the world, and we all have no rights. The declaration has been revoked, but the upside is there is no crime to speak of. Thankfully, the government is now able to read our minds and arrest us before we have committed a crime. We all take pills every day. These pills have the ability to oppress our emotions and remove all repartee in our daily lives. In fact, the government makes sure we are safe from disagreement by helping our minds to hold the same views on everything. This has created true peace. This is what I can offer you, from the future.

Cut to the chase - what stocks should I buy?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:25 pm

IcePack wrote:
TheGeneral2112 wrote:

Cut to the chase - what stocks should I buy?

You can read about them in this paper: "Transgressing the Boundaries: Toward a Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity". If that reference is lost on you, feel free to use google.

Postby donkeylove on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:01 pm

TheGeneral2112 wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Arcee is a girl first off.. secondly, mods are only allowed to kick ppl for certian reasons, so if she kicked you for biggotry, most likely you were being rude to some degree. learn from it, and fix it. dont go off on others for your mistakes.

Boy, I guess the saying is true... The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

QoH wrote:If you had looked at what he wrote it wasn't bad.

Come to think of it, I did indeed say that. In fact, a more exacting quote could be told. "That's pretty gay, warlight.net has no limit on games AND free speed games..."

Though even with that being said, I honestly can't believe that is an acceptable way for your moderators to act, is it? This is only my most recent risk site, certainly not my first, but the welcome here has been... Shall we just say, more than lacking? I'm not so full of myself that I need a full blown banquet with the red carpet rolled out. I do however, expect some beer and pizza. Okay, but in all seriousness, really?

In your opening post you spout off because you were kicked for bigotry, then quote what you said without the gay remark which would have gained you some backing against said moderator. QoH tihen reminded you of what you actually said which is bigotry, you admit it, you broke the rules, you got kicked. Stop trying to belittle the mod for doing her job, and stop trying to act all intellectual now you got busted as you may know a hell of a lot but it seems you know little about social interaction...
Captain donkeylove

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 pm

donkeylove wrote:In your opening post you spout off because you were kicked for bigotry, then quote what you said without the gay remark which would have gained you some backing against said moderator. QoH tihen reminded you of what you actually said which is bigotry, you admit it, you broke the rules, you got kicked. Stop trying to belittle the mod for doing her job, and stop trying to act all intellectual now you got busted as you may know a hell of a lot but it seems you know little about social interaction...

Regardless of the remark I used, I certainly don't think that saying something is gay is against the rules. Proof? I'm gonna hazard a guess to say all of these people weren't using gay to refer to men who like penises, but rather for another purpose.

I wasn't belittling a mod for doing her job, I was directly criticizing the stick she had up her a** when she kicked me from live chat for typing 'that's gay'.

You mention 'acting all intellectual', but I wonder if you have the intellectual capacity to comprehend the meaning of the word 'gay' in this context. There is no difference between 'gay' (used in that context) and 'hacker' or 'punk'. It is simply a word with negative connotation that expresses contempt or distaste.

I suppose this is bigotry as well, huh?

Perhaps you should continue consuming your narcotics, as one of the definitions of gay is actually foolish or stupid.

Postby donkeylove on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:05 pm

So you continue to act all high and mighty and refuse to accept that what you actually said was wrong. I am clever enough to understand what you said could and does have other meanings, but I'm also clever enough to not even use that phrase to avoid hurting other peoples feelings. You did wrong.................
Captain donkeylove

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:07 pm

donkeylove wrote:So you continue to act all high and mighty and refuse to accept that what you actually said was wrong. I am clever enough to understand what you said could and does have other meanings, but I'm also clever enough to not even use that phrase to avoid hurting other peoples feelings. You did wrong.................

I've tried reason. Logic does not become you. I've carefully formulated this response: You're gay.

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Trust me, I've gotten all the way to a six month ban in live chat.

They're kind of...crazy...

I agree with your use of gay because I use it in a non-homophobic way, but this site has a knee-jerk reaction to that, "f*ggot" and "n*gger", even if the context is not even remotely in a bigoted fashion.

You'll probably be able to go back in a day, so it doesn't matter much anyway. Go to www.omegle.com if you really want to chat it up.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby TheGeneral2112 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Trust me, I've gotten all the way to a six month ban in live chat.

I agree with your use of gay because I use it in a non-homophobic way, but this site has a knee-jerk reaction to that, "f*ggot" and "n*gger", even if the context is not even remotely in a bigoted fashion.

You'll probably be able to go back in a day, so it doesn't matter much anyway. Go to http://www.omegle.com if you really want to chat it up.

Is there no place on this site that is safe to use the words f*aggot, n*gger, and the like in context? A fun place for like minded individuals to hang out, that isn't moderated? New forum? Private usergroup?

Postby grifftron on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:09 pm

It seems like naughty words like "gay" can get you in big trouble in the CC world... although I know some mods take some of these words more personal and can get a little out of line... if it is true what QoH said about you only writing a couple lines before getting banished and wasn't even ranting, i think just a warning would of been OK... but banished for ever when you are a new player to CC.. Kind of harsh... especially if these mods want to bring in more players for lack.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:55 pm

TheGeneral2112 wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Trust me, I've gotten all the way to a six month ban in live chat.

You'll probably be able to go back in a day, so it doesn't matter much anyway. Go to http://www.omegle.com if you really want to chat it up.

Is there no place on this site that is safe to use the words f*aggot, n*gger, and the like in context? A fun place for like minded individuals to hang out, that isn't moderated? New forum? Private usergroup?

Yep, it's called "Wut". Find it through control panel -> usergroups and then you can join it.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:32 am

TheGeneral2112 wrote:

I think I love you.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby QoH on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:51 am

grifftron wrote:It seems like naughty words like "gay" can get you in big trouble in the CC world... although I know some mods take some of these words more personal and can get a little out of line... if it is true what QoH said about you only writing a couple lines before getting banished and wasn't even ranting, i think just a warning would of been OK... but banished for ever when you are a new player to CC.. Kind of harsh... especially if these mods want to bring in more players for lack.

-griff

Oh it's true all right. I was going to respond to him but he got kicked before I could say anything.

Contrary to most new players, he actually used the tabs (Help, social etc.) correctly. he had a site related question, and he used help.

I'm still surprised at how easily he was banned. No explanation, no nothing.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby KoolBak on Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:25 am

General, you have a big mouth. Learn from your mistake and go forward....or press on to your other beloved site.

One mod actually tried to welcome you and you responded with a snide comment; you're a hypocrite and not a boon to the site that so many of us love.

You know something else you won't like? The Add Foe feature :twisted: Bye Bye.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby grifftron on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:28 am

KoolBak wrote:General, you have a big mouth. Learn from your mistake and go forward....or press on to your other beloved site.

One mod actually tried to welcome you and you responded with a snide comment; you're a hypocrite and not a boon to the site that so many of us love.

You know something else you won't like? The Add Foe feature :twisted: Bye Bye.

Its true what you say, he said a naughty word and was banished from the chat for it... he can move on and all can go back to normal.

But the thing so many people just shrug off is the mods using the power that they have incorrectly... the man stated on the other site he loves that he can say naughty words and not get in trouble, I am sure hes not gonna come over to this site and read all the rules before doing anything, so he comes in thinking he can say words that he does over there... no warning, BAM.. banished.. if it was me I would probably leave the site if I was brand new.

Just something to chew on... mods need to talk to mods and figure something out that is fair all around and make sure these power out-lashes don't happen all the time, this is why they have warnings.

-griff
Last edited by grifftron on Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion