Conquer Club

Fractured China - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fractured China - NOW LIVE!!!

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:47 pm

I'd probably remove some of that sheen from red, but overall, I've been more than satisfied with this excellent map.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Files sent to lackattack. ;)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:37 pm

The new files are now live. ;)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:35 am

I'm good with this one. :D

--Andy

Postby The Bison King on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:08 am

hmmm... ok I didn't follow the reasons that went into this, but I absolutely hate the Taipei-Fujien bombard. Sorry. I don't see what purpose it serves at all! The Wu bonus is already extremely cumbersome so hold. It has a lot of natural bonuses, it a can be held but not easily. Now that Taipei can bombard it, it's like why even try to hold the bonus?

I could understand an actual connection to break up the long linear sea route, that makes sense. Also a sea connection would allow a player holding Wu to use Taipei as a reinforced border with a +2 autodeploy.

I say make it an attack route or remove it all together but this bombardment seems to help no player and just diminishes the playability of that region.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:21 pm

The Bison King wrote:hmmm... ok I didn't follow the reasons that went into this, but I absolutely hate the Taipei-Fujien bombard. Sorry. I don't see what purpose it serves at all! The Wu bonus is already extremely cumbersome so hold. It has a lot of natural bonuses, it a can be held but not easily. Now that Taipei can bombard it, it's like why even try to hold the bonus?

I could understand an actual connection to break up the long linear sea route, that makes sense. Also a sea connection would allow a player holding Wu to use Taipei as a reinforced border with a +2 autodeploy.

I say make it an attack route or remove it all together but this bombardment seems to help no player and just diminishes the playability of that region.

You are the first person to ask to remove it. The bombardment plays on the conflict that China has with Taiwan now. I haven't really seen it being used all that much to be honest. So for now unless a few more come in here asking to have it removed, it will stay.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Could the red be toned down just a tad?

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby The Bison King on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:56 am

isaiah40 wrote:
The Bison King wrote:hmmm... ok I didn't follow the reasons that went into this, but I absolutely hate the Taipei-Fujien bombard. Sorry. I don't see what purpose it serves at all! The Wu bonus is already extremely cumbersome so hold. It has a lot of natural bonuses, it a can be held but not easily. Now that Taipei can bombard it, it's like why even try to hold the bonus?

You are the first person to ask to remove it. The bombardment plays on the conflict that China has with Taiwan now. I haven't really seen it being used all that much to be honest. So for now unless a few more come in here asking to have it removed, it will stay.

but what even was it's intended purpose? like in a gameplay sense? I understand the historical implication, but if it's a horrible gameplay element it shouldn't be put in, imo.

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:05 am

i don't understand what is fractured.

fractured usa was brilliant but this one i can't see anything fractured. what am i missing?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby The Bison King on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:13 am

P.S.

I don't want to come across as down on your map. I seriously love this map, bombardment or not.

But the bombardment is stupid

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:04 am

greenoaks wrote:i don't understand what is fractured.

fractured usa was brilliant but this one i can't see anything fractured. what am i missing?

The fact that China is fractured? With the exception of Russian Federation, Mongolia, India, Myanmar, Korea and Nam Viet, the only thing left of China is Han, Wu, and the Free Cities.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:12 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:Could the red be toned down just a tad?

-Sully

I totally agree. It seems absurd to me that you have to burn my eyes just because people don't take the time to read the instructions on the map! :evil: ;)
Really no reason for a so flashing red, specially for a features that it's not so used by people on this map.

Nobodies

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:39 am

The map was updated! :)

Postby Boler on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Even if the Fujian-Taipei bombardment is written on the instructions, it would make sense (in my opinion) if there was something showing that there is anything there at all on the map it's self. It doesn't need to be much, just a faint grey two way arrow would work. That way, people who own Taipei or Fujian would see the arrow, and then consult the instructions to see what it means. Right now it just looks like any other coastline.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 pm

Boler wrote:Even if the Fujian-Taipei bombardment is written on the instructions, it would make sense (in my opinion) if there was something showing that there is anything there at all on the map it's self. It doesn't need to be much, just a faint grey two way arrow would work. That way, people who own Taipei or Fujian would see the arrow, and then consult the instructions to see what it means. Right now it just looks like any other coastline.

This was brought up way back on page 34 & 35, and here was my reply:
After looking at this, and looking at Poland and Berlin, I think I will leave the map as it is. Both Poland and Berlin have the bombardments written down only.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:04 am

Agree with isaiah, specially because a two way arrow is commonly used with other purposes. So I bet people won't read the instructions seeing the arrow but instead they will come here to ask why they can't attack when there's a two way arrow on the map.
From the day in which bombardaments were introduced, they were only mentioned somewhere on the map....honestly I think it's enough.

So, without considering the bombardment issue, that is more a "lazy" players issue than anything else imo, there's something else that is not clear or not balanced on this map?

Nobodies

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Last Call

If anyone has any other comments on tweaking the gameplay/graphics, now is the time to speak up! If there are no other concerns within the next couple of days, this map will be quenched!

thenobodies80

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:07 am

I think it's a great map. I've only played a few times, but I had fun every time. It's got a lot of complex bonuses and intricate pathways which really reward people who pay attention and don't attack at random.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:26 am

Good map, I'm more than satisfied with it.

--Andy

Fractured China - Quenched

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:00 am

Quenching

---The Beta period has concluded for the Fractured China Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready to be released into live play.

Congratulations isaiah40 and Gilligan, your shiny new medals are well-earned =D>

Conquer Club, enjoy!

thenobodies80

Re: Fractured China - [Quenched]

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:28 am

Congrats isaiah40. Great map and love playing it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Flapcake on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:05 am

Congratulation isaiah40 =D>
Private 1st Class Flapcake

Postby natty dread on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Congrats!
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas