Conquer Club

[UI] Rank Link to Rank page

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[UI] Rank Link to Rank page

Postby Crazy Frog on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:44 am

Ok... here it is: You looking at your wall. Your rank is lets say Corporal and you have 1150 points.
Now you want to know how many points you need to get the next rank... and you also want to know what the next rank is...

So you do what is natural... You point your cursor over your own rank and click it. (Nothing)

At present you need to go searching through the other buttons untill you finally find http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=instructions4 which will answer all of your questions...

I would like to see the individual rank icons (or a little button next to them) that opens a window with this info... make it allot easier to see the rank structure and points etc.
Sergeant 1st Class Crazy Frog

Re: Rank Link to Rank page

Postby chapcrap on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:27 am

This is a good simple idea. Makes sense.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby ender516 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:53 pm

It seems like something that could be done very easily with a script. I have a few other things on the go right now, but I hope to get back and look at this soon.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby chapcrap on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:17 am

ender516 wrote:It seems like something that could be done very easily with a script. I have a few other things on the go right now, but I hope to get back and look at this soon.

While I agree with that, it's a lame script. I don't want it as a script. If I wanted to take the time to download a script to create that link, then I would already know how to get to see the ranks and the rank difference. This is for the general population. Not the script population.

At least, that's my take on it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby blakebowling on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:04 am

chapcrap wrote:
ender516 wrote:It seems like something that could be done very easily with a script. I have a few other things on the go right now, but I hope to get back and look at this soon.

While I agree with that, it's a lame script. I don't want it as a script. If I wanted to take the time to download a script to create that link, then I would already know how to get to see the ranks and the rank difference. This is for the general population. Not the script population.

I agree. It could easily be done by a script. But it could just as easily be done by lack.
Private blakebowling

Postby Ickyketseddie on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:11 am

chapcrap wrote:

I'd go with this. Neat idea. Fire it Lacks way! :)
Captain Ickyketseddie

Postby blakebowling on Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:31 am

As straightforward as this is, I simply don't see a reason not to do it.

Submitted!
Private blakebowling

Postby ender516 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:10 pm

Well, while Lack is at it, he could make every medal image link to the medals page (even the appropriate section, if it is tagged right). I know there is a Medals link at the top right of the forum page, but it isn't terribly obvious.

Postby chapcrap on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:14 am

ender516 wrote:Well, while Lack is at it, he could make every medal image link to the medals page (even the appropriate section, if it is tagged right). I know there is a Medals link at the top right of the forum page, but it isn't terribly obvious.

I wouldn't disagree with that.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:47 am

Smart, easy suggestion.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby eddie2 on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:32 pm

what would also be a good idea to add to this is a button linking you to waiting games with your own rank in.
Major eddie2

Postby Crazy Frog on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:30 pm

I would also like to see a "Waiting for one more player" Button added to the find game filter... But that is another suggestion... And I think they already have some sort of patch for that in Bob or something... not sure...

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:11 pm

blakebowling wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I agree. It could easily be done by a script. But it could just as easily be done by lack.

True, but as a script you may have an implementation time of one month or less. Compare this to Lack's estimated implementation time of 3-6 years and I think you have a good arguement for it being done through a script.

Though I also have to agree that if you've been around long enough to install a script, chances are you already know about the rank page in the instructions.

At the end of the day, I don't think I would support this idea. While I like it in theory, I would much rather see enhancements to the site like Decay to Neutral added to the XML, which would take little to no more time to implement than this rank suggestion. In a perfect world where there were monthly updates going on, I think this would be a great and useful suggestion, but as it is there are piles of suggestions so much better than this one that have been waiting 3+ years to be implemented.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:26 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

True, but as a script you may have an implementation time of one month or less. Compare this to Lack's estimated implementation time of 3-6 years and I think you have a good arguement for it being done through a script.

Though I also have to agree that if you've been around long enough to install a script, chances are you already know about the rank page in the instructions.

At the end of the day, I don't think I would support this idea. While I like it in theory, I would much rather see enhancements to the site like Decay to Neutral added to the XML, which would take little to no more time to implement than this rank suggestion. In a perfect world where there were monthly updates going on, I think this would be a great and useful suggestion, but as it is there are piles of suggestions so much better than this one that have been waiting 3+ years to be implemented.

So, for clarification:

He likes the idea, but wants other things first.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Tue May 15, 2012 10:35 pm

I like both the rank and medals links that have been mentioned here. Both seem intuitive ... you want to get to the medals information page, click one of the medals. You want to know about the ranks, click on a rank icon.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Crazy Frog on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Yeah Exactly... Now just a curiosity but are some of the Mods.. or techs.. like Lack- on payroll for their work or is this stuff just their hobby.... for us to wait on and as they randomly scratch their itch... result in making some of us happy?

It would make sense of some of these guys were actually paid for the work they do... But... its not a perfect world yet... and someone up at the top of the pyramid has to make money on the sight I'm sure...

Postby ender516 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:46 am

Crazy Frog wrote:Yeah Exactly... Now just a curiosity but are some of the Mods.. or techs.. like Lack- on payroll for their work or is this stuff just their hobby.... for us to wait on and as they randomly scratch their itch... result in making some of us happy?

It would make sense of some of these guys were actually paid for the work they do... But... its not a perfect world yet... and someone up at the top of the pyramid has to make money on the sight I'm sure...

lackattack owns the site, and I believe that the other two listed as administrators on The Team, namely, AndyDufresne and king achilles are the only paid employees, unless the search for a web developer has proven fruitful at last.

Postby Crazy Frog on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:43 pm

hmmm cool info to know...

Somehow I was thinking that a site like this was more heavily man powered...

I was wrong... actually its just a really cool ATM machine in Lacks back pocket... Wish I was that smart... :-)

Postby Crazy Frog on Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Seriously though... If someone has the ability to work with computers.. wow... Lots of cool ways to make money.. but not without the ability... Im glad they have it... the day would be allot duller without CC to check on:-)

Re: [UI] Rank Link to Rank page

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:19 am

i'll throw my support behind this simple, yet handy update.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:14 am

greenoaks wrote:i'll throw my support behind this simple, yet handy update.

This is being worked on currently.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Crazy Frog on Fri May 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Is lackatack the only one who can do this? Cant some of the other Mods who help him regularly deal with this?

Just Curious.. seems Lack needs some Lackies... :o

Postby agentcom on Mon May 20, 2013 2:30 am

Crazy Frog wrote:Is lackatack the only one who can do this? Cant some of the other Mods who help him regularly deal with this?

Just Curious.. seems Lack needs some Lackies... :o

I don't even know where to start ...
Colonel agentcom

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Simple. Effective. I like it. This will be released in this week's batch of updates!
Private blakebowling

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:19 am

blakebowling wrote:Simple. Effective. I like it. This will be released in this week's batch of updates!

This is a good release. Can't wait to see it live.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions