Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 60: 30-11-2011] King Vitadmin

All issues of the newsletter.

CC Dispatch [Issue 60: 30-11-2011] King Vitadmin

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:58 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 60th edition of the Dispatch :)

show: just in case you didnt get the reference

Hello, hello! The Dispatch is going through some changes! You may have noticed one already: the reinstitution of Ask A Mod! Well, our format around here has changed slightly - I've moved up to "Chief Executive" with the beloved samuelc812's departure and will therefore be sort of 'running the place' (with the Executives by my side) and I hope to make the CC Dispatch more expansive and exciting :)

One way we're achieving this is through the new "Subscriber of the Issue" feature, where a a subscriber is randomly chosen to receive a General Achievement medal - the only catch is that the chosen player must PM me in order to receive his or her medal, so be on the lookout for your name! That is, if you're a Subscriber to the CC Dispatch ;) This issue, our lucky winner is darth emperor! To receive your medal, PM me with the title of this issue as the title, and the new Foundry Executive's name in the body.

I've mentioned it already, but it is with a heavy heart that we say goodbye to our dear Team Leader and founder of the Newsletter, samuelc812. We quite literally would not be here without all of the hard work and effort he put into this. With his leaving, we would like to say a big, pink
THANK YOU!
to Sam for everything he's done, from events to the Newsletter and beyond. We also say a hearty hello to new Team Leader, Gilligan, as he takes the reigns of the Entertainment Team. He has big shoes to fill, as I'm sure we're all aware, but I have faith in him, as the rest of you should, too :) True, Sam's leaving may leave a bitter taste in the mouths of many, but we look forward to the things ahead. Who knows? Maybe he'll be back some day... :)

Also, the Dispatch could really use some Reporters and Writers! safariguy5 is actively looking for more Freestyle Writers, and with the leaving of long-time Tournament Reporter, angola, I'm sure Dukasaur could use a hand! And let's not forget Clans and Foundry! I bet Leehar and thehippo8 would love to have more help :) Just send the appropriate Executive a brief application! If you don't know what section you'd like to write for, or if you're still not sure who to PM, you are always welcome to PM me, and I can fit you with an Executive :)

Now that I've effectively written an essay, onto the issue! We have a special, exciting interview with Support Volunteer Administrator, king achilles, shieldgenerator7 continues his pieced novella, Dukasaur breaks down Game 10000000, hippo talks Turkey, and alt1978 talks upsets and underdogs in the clan world. Oh yes, and make sure to check out the early release of Ask A Mod! in the Mess Hall ;)

Enjoy the fruits of our laboring fingers!

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hello again readers, to another edition of the freestyle section. shield has brought us another chapter of his ongoing story about a post-apocalyptic CC world, Sully starts his "Ask A Mod!" series, and we have another Scum Insider to all you mafia aficionados out there.

Also, king achilles riffs about his job, the Philippines, and some of the behind-the-scenes legwork that goes into running the website.

Enjoy!
-safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Ask A Mod! by Victor Sullivan
show

Epic CC Story: Chapter 1: Four Shots by shieldgenerator7
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of king achilles

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments! In this issue, I have presented an analysis of Game 10 Million, which is now in its second round. (It may be only one game, but it has enough players that it could easily qualify as a tournament, and it will last longer than many tournaments do!) Sonicsteve presents Join This? Or Not!, our regular look at tournaments currently recruiting. We have the third installment in DaveH's Tournament Tips -- this series continues to impress me, and I hope it impresses you too!

We say goodbye to long-time War Games reporter angola, who has become too busy to continue his work on the newsletter. Many thanks for all your work in the past, angola, and best wishes for the future. We are definitely interested in filling the vacancy as soon as possible, so if you're interested in writing about tourneys, and specifically about the TPA, drop me a line!

The big news in the tournament world is the Fantasy/Sci-Fi contest being presented by Tournament Directors and Tournament Organisers Usergroup (as personified by DJ Teflon and our own sonicsteve.) If you fancy yourself a creative person, if you love Sci-Fi and fantasy, and if you've always wanted to create an interesting tournament, then I definitely suggest you should put something together and enter this contest!

Last but not least, in a shameless act of self-promotion, I would like to invite you to check out my First Anniversary Tournament, which celebrates my first few victories when I joined CC a year ago...:-)

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Game 10 Million by Dukasaur
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: inviting your players

Join This? Or Not! by sonicsteve
show

We are all so used to seeing Victor Sullivan's name associated as Newsletter Foundry Executive that it seems just plain weird to see anything else. Anything else other than his promotion to Grand Poobah that is! Congrats Sully on the promotion! So now it is my fifteen minutes of fame. But as my dinghy is firmly attached to the ship, I am not afraid at all. I also want to acknowledge all the hard work and effort that has gone into this section before me and the tireless efforts of those beavering away behind the scenes today!! So from that high-flaluten beginning, let's get down to business. This issue sees OliverFA delving into whether special game mechanics could provide new map opportunities, koontz1973 talks about what you can do to help the map makers, I pursue that with a look at Death Race Mojave as a practical example and then give Thanksgiving to the Turkey Hunt (pun intended!). So enjoy! Thanks and regards!

thehippo8
Foundry Executive

Should every map be playable in every setting? by OliverFA
show

How to help mapmakers by koontz1973
show

Map-in-focus: Death Race Mojave by thehippo8
show

Thanksgiving: Or let’s get the Turkeys! by thehippo8
show

This edition for clans we have Alt musing on the recent spate of upsets in the clan scene (and they are so many that it's tough to call some clans underdogs any longer as they pack some big punches), Skillfusniper33 joins our dispatch team with an in-depth look at the 2nd stanza of the exciting Newcomers Cup competition and Bogan somehow avoids mentioning his clans close loss to Tofu in his rum-filled contemplation of that inexplicable element that can often split the die in tense clan matches. We have been using more and more abbreviations and acronyms of clan names lately, so remember to peruse the [Official] List of Clans to decipher any quandary's you may be in.

Elsewhere in clan news, the Semi-finals of the Conquerors Cup reach their conclusion as the 2 clans that were split by only 1 game in a previous 80 game encounter, and tied each other in this 60 game edition, are again 3-3 near the end of their tiebreak. Looks like after months of agonizing, the outcome now just rests on Game 10077607 where the monkies have seemed to finally taken the lead.
Methinks all this headache could have been avoided if they just played 1 game at the beginning, or better yet a coin toss since that may be the only way to ever split these quite brilliant clans that are the stalwarts of elite gaming on CC. Even if TSM do win this World 2.1 showdown, there are 153 games highly competitive clan games between TSM and Thota, and quite simply nothing separates them.

We also have the ACC semi's between Memento Mori/Dynasty and Bofm/Foed, as well as the RST finals between Bofm/Empire commencing soon, while Foed leads the standings in the Random League as the only team still unbeaten after 4 matches, so there's still a lot of action exhibiting the competitiveness of Clans. More news on the latest developments can also always be found in Active Challenges.

Also note that there is now an Open Application Callout for Clan Directors, so pm Masli if you'd like to contribute to the development of clans going forward, while the CLA is expected to release the format of it's eagerly anticipated Clan League 4 soon.

Leehar
Clan Executive

Upsetting Trend by Alt1978
show

Newcomers Cup 2 by Skillfusniper33 (IGNI)
show

Just Lucky by Bogan's God (Bofm)
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of rdsrds2120. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with rdsrds2120

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to nagerous and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 60: 30-11-2011] King Vitadmin

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:46 pm

Congrats to darth emperor, who just received his shiny new medal! :D

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:25 am

you're missing the tribal war map image. or at least for me it does not load.
other than that, a good read.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Leehar on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:58 am

Florida seems to be fine.

(image is linked to http://maps.conquerclub.com/Tribal_War_-_Florida.S.jpg)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Qwert on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:33 am

europe 1914 map
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nippersean on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:02 pm

As usual some great articles and some dumbass ones - Alt 1978, Bogan - guess which. One was interesting the other a joke.
Brigadier nippersean

Postby Leehar on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:16 pm

nippersean wrote:As usual some great articles and some dumbass ones - Alt 1978, Bogan - guess which. One was interesting the other a joke.

Would you like to volunteer to write and correct the imbalance?
I thought both articles had their positives.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby The Voice on Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:25 am

Well put, Alt. I've always maintained that MM is way underrated. I think some weight can also be given to the imperfections inherent in every ranking system.
Major The Voice

Return to Newsletter Issues