Conquer Club

No 'blah assaulted ? from ? and conquered it from ME'

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

No 'blah assaulted ? from ? and conquered it from ME'

Postby captn_morgan on Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:56 pm

I find it a bit annoying that attacks on myself are masked during FOW matches. Usually once a bit into a game it doesn't matter as I have a good idea of whats going on. Although sometimes I loose track but most importantly I've been attacked before even making my first move and would like to have know which territory it happened to.
Sergeant captn_morgan

Re: No 'blah assaulted ? from ? and conquered it from ME'

Postby chapcrap on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Well, here are some options:
  • Join games last and you can always see the map.
  • Make private notes to yourself in the game chat if you have trouble remembering things.
  • Use BOB to take snapshots of the map so you don't have to take as many notes.

If those things don't work, stop playing Fog of War. ;)
Last edited by chapcrap on Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:47 pm

It might be pretty hard to display game log text differently for each player if the action happened to you, but if this gets enough support (and that's actually what you want) we'll of course send it to the developer.

In the future, please use the form we gave you!
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:18 am

Have to agree with chap on this one. A king knows where his pawns are.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby zimmah on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:09 am

it makes no sense if someone attacks you and you wouldn't even know you lost a region. (especially in the first turn)

i mean, is any country so disorganized that they would not remember exactly which region they lost in a war?

they may not have noticed which region the attack came from (altho i think they should know) but they should at least remember which territory they lost.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby oran0007 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:48 pm

zimmah wrote:it makes no sense if someone attacks you and you wouldn't even know you lost a region. (especially in the first turn)

i mean, is any country so disorganized that they would not remember exactly which region they lost in a war?

they may not have noticed which region the attack came from (altho i think they should know) but they should at least remember which territory they lost.

I totally agree with this. I usually know what region was lost, but I think that I should also know which region the attack came from, and obviously I will know who took it(perhaps that is why this may never change).
Corporal 1st Class oran0007

Postby chapcrap on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:46 pm

oran0007 wrote:
zimmah wrote:it makes no sense if someone attacks you and you wouldn't even know you lost a region. (especially in the first turn)

I totally agree with this. I usually know what region was lost, but I think that I should also know which region the attack came from, and obviously I will know who took it(perhaps that is why this may never change).

No way should you get to know where it came from. There are many maps that you can attack from without being seen because of 1 way attacks. (King's Court, Baseball, King of the Mountains, Conquer Rome, many more). You shouldn't be privy to that information. And you should be able to tell which of your own territories got taken on your own.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:03 am

I agree with the captain, you should know the territory you lose, and to take it a step further,,in fog wars I think even the regions occupied should be fog as well,,if you don't know who's who,,how should you be able to know how many regions they have?? Keep it all a secret then, that way it would come as a surprise when you eliminate someone and get their spoils. How jou lie tha?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:28 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:I agree with the captain, you should know the territory you lose, and to take it a step further,,in fog wars I think even the regions occupied should be fog as well,,if you don't know who's who,,how should you be able to know how many regions they have?? Keep it all a secret then, that way it would come as a surprise when you eliminate someone and get their spoils. How jou lie tha?

Because you can actually determine how many territories someone has by reading the log.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby MagnusGreeol on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:03 am

Then Fog the log and make it a complete mystery,,,let noone know nothing, Fog in the real sense is seeing nothing beyond, if you can't see beyond, how would you know how many territories or armies they have to place,,,make it in fog wars that only your moves are logged and its up to you to keep track of everything else...ahaa,,,tushay.
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Geger on Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:28 am

It's called Fog of War, not blind War.

Based of definition of FoW, that can be found here, there are some information in FoW. Here CC applies it in form of number of regions.
Major Geger

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:30 am

Can we get an opinion from a tech guy on whether this is in the realm of possible things to implement?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby anonymus on Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Have to agree with chap on this one. A king knows where his pawns are.

-TG

so why dont you?

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Colonel anonymus

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:21 pm

anonymus wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Have to agree with chap on this one. A king knows where his pawns are.

-TG

so why dont you?

/ :?:

? I'm pretty sure I know where my troops are located when I play fog games, if that is your implication. Otherwise, you've confused me.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby blakebowling on Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:Can we get an opinion from a tech guy on whether this is in the realm of possible things to implement?

Removing the lines completely instead of displaying the ? marks.

I know it can be done for future games, and it should be possible to modify it for ongoing games once this starts.

It's always possible to show less information. Showing more is often the problem we have.
Private blakebowling

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:31 am

Geger wrote:It's called Fog of War, not blind War.

Based of definition of FoW, that can be found here, there are some information in FoW. Here CC applies it in form of number of regions.

Fog of war,,,you see or know nothing beyond the outskirts of the adjacent territories you occupy,,its not blind war if you can see around your territory,,,just not beyond the outskirts,,,,again---->if you can't see beyond, how would you know how many territories or armies they have,,,you shouldn't....Keep it all a mystery beyond what the eye can see. Fog the log.
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:27 am

FOW,,Not being able to see or know nothing beyond your adjacent territories dosen't make you blind,,why should you know anything beyond your adjacent territories?,,why call it Fog?,,Noone should know how many regions or troops handed out ,,Fog the regions and completely Fog the log to only your moves,,If I don't know where my opponent is beyond adjacent, how would I know how many regions or troops he"s handed out? I think it would be better to keep it all a complete mystery,,you figure it out.
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:29 am

I didn't mean to respond twice,,,I fogged up..lol
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Return to Archived Suggestions