Conquer Club

Snap Shots for fog games

Have suggestion for a new or old tool/enhancement? Come on in!

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Snap Shots for fog games

Postby Hook2 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Is there away to write a program if you have a fog game for the system to automatically take a snap shot for you in chat once the game starts so the team that goes first does not have to wait as a courtesy? Would be helpful in clan wars.
Major Hook2

Re: Snap Shots for fog games

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Or, perhaps easier to program - for the team going first to be able to post a snapshot in game chat for everyone to see (not just themself / their team).
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby sherkaner on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:30 pm

The first one is very hard, the second is rather easy. I'd have to make it hard to do though, maybe when the text in the chatbox is 'all' or something like that.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby QoH on Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:40 pm

sherkaner wrote:The first one is very hard, the second is rather easy. I'd have to make it hard to do though, maybe when the text in the chatbox is 'all' or something like that.

I obviously don't know ANYTHING about programming, because wouldn't the program just read the log where it says "Game has been initialized" and then take the snap then?
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby Geger on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:12 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Or, perhaps easier to program - for the team going first to be able to post a snapshot in game chat for everyone to see (not just themself / their team).

This is not 100% correct, because every player/team has different view in FoW.
Major Geger

Postby sherkaner on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:33 pm

Geger wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:Or, perhaps easier to program - for the team going first to be able to post a snapshot in game chat for everyone to see (not just themself / their team).

Ah, you're right.. Hmm, I don't think there's a correct way around that actually. I could only display the mutual borders in that case, but the 1-way-attacks and bombards make it impossible to draw the rest correctly.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:43 pm

sherkaner wrote:
Geger wrote:

Ah, you're right.. Hmm, I don't think there's a correct way around that actually. I could only display the mutual borders in that case, but the 1-way-attacks and bombards make it impossible to draw the rest correctly.

It's not perfect, but it's a huge step closer. I think this would still be a very welcome addition.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby danfrank on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:36 pm

when somebody writes that funky code in chat ... how do i utilize it ? what do i need ? does bob haveanythingto do with it?
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby Hook2 on Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:25 am

Well cc made it so you can now post the snap shots in chat for the other team. The only issue is if you take a snap in fog games does the other teams see your position that they would not normally see? We would need that clarified.
Major Hook2

Postby Jippd on Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:30 am

All this does is allow a team to publicly post in the game chat and give away their hidden positions. Team 2s snap is not what team 1s snap would be.....I'd love for an opposing team to take a snap and show me all there hidden positions :). I think it was better the way it was

The code is the same whether you check note to self or not...so I imagine the snap is the same, we just now have the option to post it public and give away your secret hiding spots haha.
Major Jippd

Return to Tools Suggestions