Conquer Club

Election?

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Election?

Postby eagleblade on Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:23 pm

[Election]
What if there an election in Conquer Club. Like for team CC position (not admin.) People would vote on the forums and that each member has to like advertise themselves and stuff? Perhaps every year or so? that way mods will keep preforming their jobs and the players will be happy. Perhaps the:
Global Mods
Live Chat
Tournament Directors
Clan Directors

may be a bit stupid but whatever
Last edited by eagleblade on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant eagleblade

Re: Election?

Postby owenshooter on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:06 pm

*dying from laughter*
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby squishyg on Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:54 pm

This sounds like No User Left Behind

I don't think this will work, but keep on thinking of ideas!
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:20 pm

I vote for owenshooter
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby chapcrap on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm so mad that I haven't been privy to more of your posts eagleblade. This is pure gold.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby owenshooter on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:54 pm

chapcrap wrote:I'm so mad that I haven't been privy to more of your posts eagleblade. This is pure gold.

his sig is even better!!! he will receive JUSTICE for what nagerous has done!!! now that i would like see put to a vote!!! nag is pure evil and this guy is pure gold!!! i suggest we just give him lifelong premium and a job posting in all the forums!-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Evil Semp on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:55 pm

owenshooter wrote:*dying from laughter*

If you are from Chicago you still get to vote after you die.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Ahoy, eagleblade,

Applications for TeamCC positions are reviewed by those in the department they are applying for. And so in that regard, they are voted upon by those within the department, but not the community at-large. However, especially with more moderating-oriented TeamCC positions like Discussions Moderators and Chatters, the thoughts and opinions of the community are taken into consideration (i.e. a well-hated forum poster, even if said person has a clean record, may be rejected on the grounds of his lack of chemistry with the community).

Also, I'd like to say that one big factor in becoming a TeamCC member is one's behavior in the forums ;)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby owenshooter on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:37 pm

Evil Semp wrote:

even if you are a pet! fun facts for all!!-el Jesus negro
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Uncle Death on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:16 pm

I think it's a great idea. There should be a people's tribune with veto power over all mod decisions. It would be an elected or possibly won by lottery post. I nominate eagleblade for his courage, grammar, and writing.
Captain Uncle Death

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Ahoy, eagleblade,

Applications for TeamCC positions are reviewed by those in the department they are applying for. And so in that regard, they are voted upon by those within the department, but not the community at-large. However, especially with more moderating-oriented TeamCC positions like Discussions Moderators and Chatters, the thoughts and opinions of the community are taken into consideration (i.e. a well-hated forum poster, even if said person has a clean record, may be rejected on the grounds of his lack of chemistry with the community).

Also, I'd like to say that one big factor in becoming a TeamCC member is one's behavior in the forums ;)

-Sully

Nice summary, Andy.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby eagleblade on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:15 pm

-Sully

I fully understand but your saying but lets take a real world example. People in the real world who vote are not usually all lawyers/military members/politicians. Though thats one of the problems with democracy but its what it is.
Last edited by eagleblade on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant eagleblade

Postby Evil Semp on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:46 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:

even if you are a pet! fun facts for all!!-el Jesus negro

The cemetery I am in doesn't allow pets.
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby eddie2 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:58 pm

+2 for owenshooter. = head admin lol
Major eddie2

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:49 am

Metsfanmax wrote:

-Sully

Nice summary, Andy.

This is the first time I've ever felt BAD for Andy
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby owenshooter on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:05 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Also, I'd like to say that one big factor in becoming a TeamCC member is one's behavior in the forums ;)

-Sully

and then a convicted multi became a hunter and team CC lost it's integrity...-el Jesus negro
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby hmsps on Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:26 am

-Sully
This in its very nature is what is wrong with the system and what is currently going on with on mod in particular with one mod in C & A. Because you select few vote yourselves in annually or whenever, it is more or less a closed shop and you can do what you want (See C & A thread).

Mods in general are not transparent in their decisions etc and that is what frustrates most of the CC community. We all pay the same money as everyone else but alas if you are not in the select few, you are treat totally different. Maybe what we need is a team of people who would regulate the mods and have no hidden agendas but only want to se fairness (call them trustees if you like).

Personally any suggestion good or bad takes too long to implement anyway so it is largely a waste of time anyway.
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Captain hmsps

Postby Night Strike on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:05 pm

hmsps wrote:

-Sully
This in its very nature is what is wrong with the system and what is currently going on with on mod in particular with one mod in C & A. Because you select few vote yourselves in annually or whenever, it is more or less a closed shop and you can do what you want (See C & A thread).

Mods in general are not transparent in their decisions etc and that is what frustrates most of the CC community. We all pay the same money as everyone else but alas if you are not in the select few, you are treat totally different. Maybe what we need is a team of people who would regulate the mods and have no hidden agendas but only want to se fairness (call them trustees if you like).

Personally any suggestion good or bad takes too long to implement anyway so it is largely a waste of time anyway.

I don't frequent other forums around the internet. Are there any that allow the members to routinely vote in their moderators? To be honest, that would be a major surprise to me, so why should CC do that? Furthermore, where's the lack of transparency? The Community Guidelines are posted for every person to see and read at any time they want. The punishment scale is included so that every member knows what level is coming next if they have an infraction. In fact, the maximum punishments have been lowered because of community desire/outrage. Also, you pay to play the games, not use the forums. We already have a team of people who regulate the mods: the admins. If you think a mod is abusing their power/position, you bring it up with an admin. If you believe you were wrongly banned, you file an eticket for an admin to review. Admins give final approval to any person being added to Team CC. Admins are the check on the moderators.
Major Night Strike

Postby hmsps on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Night Strike wrote:
hmsps wrote:

-Sully

I don't frequent other forums around the internet. Are there any that allow the members to routinely vote in their moderators? To be honest, that would be a major surprise to me, so why should CC do that? Furthermore, where's the lack of transparency? The Community Guidelines are posted for every person to see and read at any time they want. The punishment scale is included so that every member knows what level is coming next if they have an infraction. In fact, the maximum punishments have been lowered because of community desire/outrage. Also, you pay to play the games, not use the forums. We already have a team of people who regulate the mods: the admins. If you think a mod is abusing their power/position, you bring it up with an admin. If you believe you were wrongly banned, you file an eticket for an admin to review. Admins give final approval to any person being added to Team CC. Admins are the check on the moderators.
Night Strike wrote:
hmsps wrote:

-Sully

And do all other members of forums pay? i will save you checking on that one its NO. Why do we have to fall into what everyone else does. Basically its a corrupt government if not monitored or can U not see that? I am guessing that is also a NO
Captain hmsps

Postby Night Strike on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:00 pm

hmsps wrote:And do all other members of forums pay? i will save you checking on that one its NO. Why do we have to fall into what everyone else does. Basically its a corrupt government if not monitored or can U not see that? I am guessing that is also a NO

CC is not a government: it's a private business. You don't get to walk into a Mom&Pop shop and tell them how to run their business, so you don't get to here either. I'm an unpaid volunteer for the site and I don't get to tell lack how to run his business either. If you want a governmental system of elections, please get involved in your local, state, or national government.
Major Night Strike

Postby hmsps on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Night Strike wrote:
hmsps wrote:And do all other members of forums pay? i will save you checking on that one its NO. Why do we have to fall into what everyone else does. Basically its a corrupt government if not monitored or can U not see that? I am guessing that is also a NO

CC is not a government: it's a private business. You don't get to walk into a Mom&Pop shop and tell them how to run their business, so you don't get to here either. I'm an unpaid volunteer for the site and I don't get to tell lack how to run his business either. If you want a governmental system of elections, please get involved in your local, state, or national government.
Sorry did you answer what i said. If i pay money in which last time i checked i do, then i am either a customer or a shareholder. I know you are a volunteer, that is blatently obvious, but should some roles not be governed like maslis case?
Captain hmsps

Postby hmsps on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:04 pm

hmsps wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Sorry did you answer what i said. If i pay money in which last time i checked i do, then i am either a customer or a shareholder. I know you are a volunteer, that is blatently obvious, but should some roles not be governed like maslis case? oh and just as an aside as a member of the community, i will get involved when i want and not when you say so
Captain hmsps

Postby Night Strike on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:12 pm

I don't know why you keep double quoting/posting....you might want to look at that.

hmsps wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Sorry did you answer what i said. If i pay money in which last time i checked i do, then i am either a customer or a shareholder. I know you are a volunteer, that is blatently obvious, but should some roles not be governed like maslis case?

You are a paying customer for the game-portion of the site. No one pays to use the forums on this site. If a customer does not like something about a place where they are spending their money, they find a new place to spend their money. They don't get to keep demanding that their views be installed in how to run the business. If enough people think and act like you in withholding money, the business will either adapt or die. But a couple of vocal customers can't just walk into a store and fundamentally change how they conduct their business. This suggestion in analogous to a group of customers walking into a store and voting on which employee should be named the manager, regardless of the experience or ability of the named manager. The private sector doesn't work that way.
Major Night Strike

Postby eagleblade on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:37 am

Night Strike wrote:I don't know why you keep double quoting/posting....you might want to look at that.

hmsps wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

You are a paying customer for the game-portion of the site. No one pays to use the forums on this site. If a customer does not like something about a place where they are spending their money, they find a new place to spend their money. They don't get to keep demanding that their views be installed in how to run the business. If enough people think and act like you in withholding money, the business will either adapt or die. But a couple of vocal customers can't just walk into a store and fundamentally change how they conduct their business. This suggestion in analogous to a group of customers walking into a store and voting on which employee should be named the manager, regardless of the experience or ability of the named manager. The private sector doesn't work that way.

don't forget though there is a word called "customer service." When you go to a restaurant people don't just throw around you clothes for example they put neatly on a rack. This is because they value customers and therefore the company/restaurant/CC has to fit the consumer/customer. Im just pointing out CC isn't the only online risk community...
Lieutenant eagleblade

Return to Archived Suggestions