Conquer Club

[Rules] Allow permabanned members to appeal

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Should members be able to appeal perma/6 month bans?

Yes
73%
No
20%
Idunno lol
7%

Total votes : 123

Re: Allow permabanned members to appeal

Postby teeeceee57 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:53 pm

I guess it depends on the reason for the ban in the first place. what kind of offence results in a permanent ban?
Lieutenant teeeceee57

Postby Evil Semp on Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:58 pm

dakky21 wrote:We all remember that guy that "forgot" that he had opened an account before, and got banned for writing about it in the forums. So, I say, YES, they should be able to e-ticket a support regarding their problem!

That is exactly why he got busted. The e-ticket is available from the log in page. He did not use the e-ticket.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby owenshooter on Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:48 am

teeeceee57 wrote:I guess it depends on the reason for the ban in the first place. what kind of offence results in a permanent ban?

usually NOT CHEATING IN GAMES, mostly for forum violations (where less than 3% of CC'ers ever visit). when pressed about this, an admin stated that it would take far too much time to look into the LESS THAN 12 PERMABANNED members that many of us are still concerned about. this place is getting less and less user friendly. funny how people that cheat in games, INCLUDING A PAST CONQUEROR, are allowed to pay for premium again, and there are no real repercussions. and this appeal process should be fair, not a kangaroo court.-el Jesus negro
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby notyou2 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:58 pm

Cheaters welcome, opinionated comedic people..........OUT!!!!

Why does a strategy gaming site condone cheating? To me that is the biggest reason for being permanently banned.
Captain notyou2

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:14 am

Submitted
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby king achilles on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:38 am

We do get appeals from some banned users to come back sometimes. I do bring those appeals to the other admins for further review so it's not only one person who evaluates their cases.

If the suggestion is to have the community also have a say on the appeal, it will be a popularity contest.

It's like having Pontius Pilate asking the community who he should release, Barabbas or Jesus. We all know who the community chose.

The outcome will always be obvious. It will be decided on who is the most popular or who has many friends or clanmates to back him up. If a certain banned player who's got many friends in CC appealed, why bother asking the community when we already know the answer. The banned "popular" guy will always be favored. Should your violations be forgiven and be allowed to come back because you have many or more CC friends than those who are against you? Why bother with the process of public appeal when the outcome would already be evident.
Please don't have more than 1 account. If you have any CC concerns, you can contact us here.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:59 am

king achilles wrote:We do get appeals from some banned users to come back sometimes. I do bring those appeals to the other admins for further review so it's not only one person who evaluates their cases.

If the suggestion is to have the community also have a say on the appeal, it will be a popularity contest.

It's like having Pontius Pilate asking the community who he should release, Barabbas or Jesus. We all know who the community chose.

The outcome will always be obvious. It will be decided on who is the most popular or who has many friends or clanmates to back him up. If a certain banned player who's got many friends in CC appealed, why bother asking the community when we already know the answer. The banned "popular" guy will always be favored. Should your violations be forgiven and be allowed to come back because you have many or more CC friends than those who are against you? Why bother with the process of public appeal when the outcome would already be evident.

When you bring the appeals to the other admins for further review, does that not also become a popularity contest?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:57 am

thegreekdog wrote:When you bring the appeals to the other admins for further review, does that not also become a popularity contest?

The reason that they were selected to be admins in the first place is the belief that they would look out for the entirety of CC, not just their own interests. The same could not be said of the few people who would decide to participate in these community panels.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby notyou2 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:46 am

king achilles wrote:We do get appeals from some banned users to come back sometimes. I do bring those appeals to the other admins for further review so it's not only one person who evaluates their cases.

This post does not address the issue of cheaters being reinstated and others permanently banned for minor post infractions. Many of the bans were subjective at best and of a relatively benign nature, yet the multi creators are reinstated without penalty. It is the cheaters that will drive away the players more often than a poorly thought out off-topic post, especially when many players don't even read the off-topic forums.

This makes little to zero sense in a strategy gaming site, nor does it appear to me to be a sensible business practice other than the collection of one year's dues. Furthermore, it alienates the vast majority of players who are honest and play fair and is also a questionable ethical issue.

Greed trumps honesty.
Captain notyou2

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:53 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:When you bring the appeals to the other admins for further review, does that not also become a popularity contest?

The reason that they were selected to be admins in the first place is the belief that they would look out for the entirety of CC, not just their own interests. The same could not be said of the few people who would decide to participate in these community panels.

I do not believe you answered my question. I believe you are indicating the admins should be impartial, but I'm wondering if they are or not. Obviously, that's difficult to prove.

And I would generally suspect, given the permanently banned members who were banned for non-game reasons (see notyou2's post), that it would not turn into a popularity contest (we'd have well over a majority of the vote, for example, to bring back someone like Dancing Mustard, not to beat a dead horse).
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:06 am

Metsfanmax wrote:

I don't understand this at all.

I know it'd be rule of the majority, but if the majority wants something, it's beyond me as to why it wouldn't be in the favor of CC as a whole. CC's admin system isn't even a republic. They were appointed by lack for business reasons, not to look out for the community.

Here's an example of the mods/admins making a decision that the community disagreed with: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=131064&hilit=free+army+of+god. I don't quite understand why a "popularity contest" has such a negative connotation...I'd rather it be a popularity contest than an oligarchy.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby agentcom on Fri May 18, 2012 5:12 pm

It sounds like "an" appeals system is in place. It may be informal or at least outside the public eye, but it is in place. So, is the OP's suggestion then to have a "public" appeals system? That's not what it sounds like from the OP where he talks about filing e-tickets (which go to the mods).

I guess I don't really see what there is to this suggestion after KA's response. It doesn't really sound like it should go to "accepted" or "rejected" but to "not a suggestion: already in place."
Brigadier agentcom

Re: [Rules] Allow permabanned members to appeal

Postby spiesr on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:20 pm

IMPLEMENTED
Captain spiesr

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions