Conquer Club

[Vacation until Dec] Knights & Warlocks - V15 - page 1&12

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Knights & Warlocks [24.Dec.11] - V12 - page 1&7

Postby natty dread on Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:56 pm

Only a 10% difference? I'd prefer at least 15 or 20...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:11 pm

natty_dread wrote:Only a 10% difference? I'd prefer at least 15 or 20...

i would too, but i also prefer legibility and nicer, less cluttered images. i tried going for 800px wide, then bumped it up to 850 and still wasn't pleased. so i settled for 900px.

the guidelines say:
The 'large' map must be noticeably larger than the 'small' map; 9% larger is required but 33.3% (1/3) is recommended.

my large map is 11.11% larger than the small map so i'm within the guidelines.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:28 pm

f*ck your video ;)

I don't recall anyone asking you to change your legends border to be dark...we asked that the pixalation be fixed :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:32 pm

gimil wrote:f*ck your video ;)

I don't recall anyone asking you to change your legends border to be dark...we asked that the pixalation be fixed :)

buzz off. :twisted:

pixElation fixed
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby zimmah on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:56 am

maybe i'm just missing something or just really stupid but what is the meaning of the different color in the names of regions?

there's no continent bonus now is there?

P.S. you should use assault instead of attack :-$
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby DiM on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:54 pm

zimmah wrote:maybe i'm just missing something or just really stupid but what is the meaning of the different color in the names of regions?

there's no continent bonus now is there?

no continent bonus but the colours delimit the area of influence for each kingdom and thus the farm/lumber/mine bonus which i forgot to mention in the legend and i'll fix right away.

zimmah wrote:P.S. you should use assault instead of attack :-$

that's absurd. there's no copyright on attack. screw hasbro.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:55 pm

V13:
*fixed wording in legend.

large:
Click image to enlarge.

small:
Click image to enlarge.
Last edited by DiM on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major DiM

Re: Knights & Warlocks [27.Dec.11] - V13 - page 1&8

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:31 am

You should also underline/highlight the 'Double' part of the farm/lumber/mine bonus description?

Otherwise, this looks great.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:48 pm

I really really really don't like the dark glass DiM :(. I feel it doesn't work on this map. Everything else is nicely saturated in colour...the glass just doesn't feel right. I much preferred the older...litter glass.`

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:18 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:You should also underline/highlight the 'Double' part of the farm/lumber/mine bonus description?

Otherwise, this looks great.

--Andy

thanks andy. i updated the images in my previous post.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:20 pm

gimil wrote:I really really really don't like the dark glass DiM :(. I feel it doesn't work on this map. Everything else is nicely saturated in colour...the glass just doesn't feel right. I much preferred the older...litter glass.`

sorry mate, you're in a minority here.
it's not such a big issue, i'm sure you'll enjoy the map even with the darker glass. :mrgreen:
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:23 pm

DiM wrote:
gimil wrote:I really really really don't like the dark glass DiM :(. I feel it doesn't work on this map. Everything else is nicely saturated in colour...the glass just doesn't feel right. I much preferred the older...litter glass.`

it's not such a big issue, i'm sure you'll enjoy the map even with the darker glass. :mrgreen:

I think your a douche :geek:

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:27 pm

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:

i love you too :mrgreen:
Major DiM

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:10 am

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:

What do you think about his douche? You didn't finish your sentence. You're leaving me hanging.
Sergeant 1st Class lostatlimbo

Postby gimil on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:10 am

[Stickied]

I have 48 hours to find a clan that can support my desire to change the dark glass :-k :wink:

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:44 pm

gimil wrote:[Stickied]

I have 48 hours to find a clan that can support my desire to change the dark glass :-k :wink:

dang, i recently quit my clan. i'd better look for one to support my dark glass :lol:
Major DiM

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Without being in a clan can I express my opinion towards the darker glasses. But I seem to be noticing that the title in gold and silver has its lighting coming down from the top but the legend border itself seems to be coming from the top right. Is it my imagination or has this been over looked?

The symbol that you have used for the and in the title looks different to the rest of the border. I know it is the same as the rest of the title but as you have used the same colouring as the border it sits out of place. Can I suggest you change it to a different colour scheme all together or make it like the border.

One other thing DiM, is it possible for you to move the top part of the border down a couple of pixels as it looks like the border is off the map. I am sure you did not draw it this way, but it just seems to end abruptly.

Great map and look forward to playing it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:37 pm

koontz1973 wrote:Without being in a clan can I express my opinion towards the darker glasses. But I seem to be noticing that the title in gold and silver has its lighting coming down from the top but the legend border itself seems to be coming from the top right. Is it my imagination or has this been over looked?

it's just your imagination. both elements have the same light source.

koontz1973 wrote:The symbol that you have used for the and in the title looks different to the rest of the border. I know it is the same as the rest of the title but as you have used the same colouring as the border it sits out of place. Can I suggest you change it to a different colour scheme all together or make it like the border.

done.

koontz1973 wrote:One other thing DiM, is it possible for you to move the top part of the border down a couple of pixels as it looks like the border is off the map. I am sure you did not draw it this way, but it just seems to end abruptly.

done

koontz1973 wrote:Great map and look forward to playing it.

thanks.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:38 pm

V14:
*fixed & in the legend
*moved the legend top border

large:
Click image to enlarge.

small:
Click image to enlarge.
Major DiM

Re: Knights & Warlocks [30.Dec.11] - V14 - page 1&8

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:47 am

Thanks DiM. Looking very nice.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:06 am

Well, hot damn. I better get my ass in gear!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby gimil on Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:57 am

Here you go big guy.

You know the drill...this isn't a final seal of approval. If any more graphical concerns are raised you will be expected to address them ;)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:31 am

gimil wrote:Here you go big guy.

You know the drill...this isn't a final seal of approval. If any more graphical concerns are raised you will be expected to address them ;)

woo hoo =D>
Major DiM

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:09 pm

Hm, do you suppose there's any way to improve the readability of the blue text? It is a bit dark, though not unreadable.

Anywho, working on the XML. Safari "unexpectedly quit" while I was in the wizard the other day. Now that I've had sufficient time to mourn, I'm getting back to business! It will take a while, however.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby DiM on Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:10 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Hm, do you suppose there's any way to improve the readability of the blue text? It is a bit dark, though not unreadable.

is it an issue? i'm not too keen on changing it, considering i've been tweaking it for a while and the general consensus was that all is well. i'm afraid that if i tweak it for you then the people that are happy now might start complaining and demand another change. and so on and so forth.
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box