Conquer Club

Clan League Season 4 Sign Up's

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan League Season 4 Sign Up's

Postby eddie2 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 pm

gl all on the draw i missed it. and thank you djteflon for posting info.
Major eddie2

Postby chemefreak on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:39 pm

eddie2 wrote:gl all on the draw i missed it. and thank you djteflon for posting info.

You didn't miss it! The drawing is at 6:00 EST today in live chat. The above is just a breakdown using the A400. Cheers.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: Format Finalisation

Postby benga on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:47 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Format Finalisation - Given that We Have 39 Clans

Phase One

Four Groups of 6 Clans (Divisions A,B, C, D)
    Three Groups of 5 (Divisions E, F, G)

Clans in Divisions E to G will all automatically be awarded 1 point (and 9 game wins and losses) in view of equalising qualification possibilities for Phase Two vis-a-vis clans in larger Divisions playing one extra round.

can just groups with more clans 'delete' pts gained from encounter against the last positioned clan at the end of division?
Sergeant benga

Postby chemefreak on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:52 pm

benga wrote:

Phase One

Clans in Divisions E to G will all automatically be awarded 1 point (and 9 game wins and losses) in view of equalising qualification possibilities for Phase Two vis-a-vis clans in larger Divisions playing one extra round.

can just groups with more clans 'delete' pts gained from encounter against the last positioned clan at the end of division?

I think it is 6 of one, half dozen of the other. No clan gets eliminated in the first phase anyway. The win/loss is just to get the order for Phase II. Also, there would be an EXTREMELY weak clan as clan #6 in those divisions as they would be almost at the bottom of the A400. Thus, adding a win seems like the fairest thing to do.
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby eddie2 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:00 pm

chemefreak wrote:
eddie2 wrote:gl all on the draw i missed it. and thank you djteflon for posting info.

You didn't miss it! The drawing is at 6:00 EST today in live chat. The above is just a breakdown using the A400. Cheers.

lol i thought i read 6pm uk time. thanks chemefreak but ill just wait for the results to be posted.

fingers crossed aka dont get drawn with bofm or/and koa. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Major eddie2

Postby chemefreak on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:09 pm

eddie2 wrote:fingers crossed aka dont get drawn with bofm :lol: :lol: :lol:

We are hoping the same thing...I'm tired of getting smacked around by those damn Pirates!
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:31 pm

Who will KORT get? Hmm I wonder??
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby josko.ri on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:21 pm

benga wrote:

Phase One

I agree. with this solution clans in groups of 5 will be handicapped because everyone wil achieve the best results vs the last clan in any group.
Major josko.ri

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:14 pm

josko.ri wrote:
benga wrote:

Phase One

I agree. with this solution clans in groups of 5 will be handicapped because everyone wil achieve the best results vs the last clan in any group.

I agree with josko. I don't know that I have a solution, but that method isn't fair.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:15 pm

The Draw has been made:

Phase One

Division A - FOED, AFOS, ID, OSA, TLW & SOH
(Division Director - TheCrown)

Division B - AOC, LOW, DB, VDLL, HH, IF

(Division Director - DJ Teflon)

Division C - KORT, IA, GR, TNC, DBC. LOTZ

(Division Director - merch313)

Division D - TOFU, PIG, KOA, 1RFG, MD & MB

(Division Director - tokle)

Division E - EMP, TFFS, LEG, MM, LHDD

(Division Director - TheCrown)

Division F - PACK, BOFM, DYN, RA, OTP

(Division Director - benga)

Division G - TSM, G1, MYTH, AKA, WAR
(Division Director - benga)

Each clan will play their opponents once (4/5 rounds)

Schedules will be out by Sunday 8th,

1st Contacts are require to PM their Division Directors their first round of home game maps, players and settings by the 15th (see first post).
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Qwert on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:21 pm

division F look most heavy.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 pm

qwert wrote:division F look most heavy.

Is your mom's name Division F?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby John Deere on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:57 am

chapcrap wrote:

Dang it Chap! Now he is gonna spend 2 months trying to translate....... :D :lol:
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby jetsetwilly on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:27 am

Well done to everyone involved in finally getting this off the ground. It's been a long hard slog but it will be worth it ! We are raring to go :)
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby Qwert on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:47 am

chapcrap wrote:

hmm, i dont understand meaning of your post- i put you on foe,and you can explane your self via PM.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:05 pm

qwert wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

hmm, i dont understand meaning of your post- i put you on foe,and you can explane your self via PM.

:lol: It was just a joke qwert. No reason to foe me.

Love you!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:57 pm

chapcrap wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
benga wrote:

Phase One

I agree with josko. I don't know that I have a solution, but that method isn't fair.

We're sticking with the original 1 point adjustment, its too late to change after the draw.

I think the group with my clan and RJ's will be grumpiest about this. Imagine the furore if we change the adjustment now that our clans are in a tricky group.

:lol:

Anyway, its very tricky to arrange a system with an awkward number of clans, especially when you wish to get as many as possible involved. Feel free to post comments (or get your rep to post comments) in the cla discussion about next year's CL. One option in future may be that we cap numbers - for example, any clans joining after the 32nd aren't guaranteed a place until the 35th clan joins, etc ...

Postby lordnex on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:20 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:Anyway, its very tricky to arrange a system with an awkward number of clans, especially when you wish to get as many as possible involved. Feel free to post comments (or get your rep to post comments) in the cla discussion about next year's CL. One option in future may be that we cap numbers - for example, any clans joining after the 32nd aren't guaranteed a place until the 35th clan joins, etc ...

UEFA, FIFA and various other sport organizations usually use the rule mentioned by benga in the situations like this (IE - when best of all 2nd placed teams need to qualify) - disregard the results against last placed team in groups with extra team. I see no reason not to implement it in the future (if now is to late for CL4).
Major lordnex

Postby Teflon Kris on Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:22 pm

lordnex wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:Anyway, its very tricky to arrange a system with an awkward number of clans, especially when you wish to get as many as possible involved. Feel free to post comments (or get your rep to post comments) in the cla discussion about next year's CL. One option in future may be that we cap numbers - for example, any clans joining after the 32nd aren't guaranteed a place until the 35th clan joins, etc ...

UEFA, FIFA and various other sport organizations usually use the rule mentioned by benga in the situations like this (IE - when best of all 2nd placed teams need to qualify) - disregard the results against last placed team in groups with extra team. I see no reason not to implement it in the future (if now is to late for CL4).

Do they?

A lot of UEFA qualifications involve 2nd place in smaller groups having play-offs.

Anyway, another idea for the discussion thread mentionned above

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:28 pm

DJ Teflon wrote:One option in future may be that we cap numbers - for example, any clans joining after the 32nd aren't guaranteed a place until the 35th clan joins, etc ...

I think a system like that would be ideal. It would also make people sign up faster.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby eddie2 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:17 am

chapcrap wrote:
DJ Teflon wrote:One option in future may be that we cap numbers - for example, any clans joining after the 32nd aren't guaranteed a place until the 35th clan joins, etc ...

I think a system like that would be ideal. It would also make people sign up faster.

or you could make it that the sign up rules are actually stuck to like the arguement we had over me asking for a few extra sign up days. which by the way since clans signed up on the day of the draw was 1 day after when i asked to contact yourselves so 4 days late. but am glad to see the clans not added till the draw took place are within the sign up rules :lol: :lol: . and trust me i did not go looking for this.

from op
Participants must be CLA-eligible members meaning they have completed at least one 40+ challenge and adhere to the 1 competitive clan rule.

aka have been drawn with WAR
war= a break away clan from risk attackers. who have not yet completed a challenge (although close to it.)
Otpisani = (this is a break away clan from the old nemisis only break away because not all members and new 1's added.) this clan have only just formed and have not even played 1 clan war game yet.

don't get me wrong i have no complaints as i was all in favour of the pack being allowed into ccup which they were not because they were 1 week off there 2nd challenge completion. but most clans were against pack getting in because they were not eligible under the complete war rules.
Major eddie2

Postby Teflon Kris on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:33 am

Had we not extended the deadline we would still have had an awkward number of clans, hence the extension, for practical reasons, in the hope of reaching the next convenient divisible number (40).

WAR and Optisani were added as their status was in the spirit of the requirements. Given the experience in clan war organising of the parties concerned, we are confident they will be able to compete effectively without a risk of dropping-out etc., as opposed to being entirely new clans which may easily over-extend themselves entering a long tournament. I will bring this point up in the cla discussions however, so that the cla democratically decides whether the clan requirements are rigidly adhered to, or whether tournament organisers can use their discretion in cases such as these.

Neither of these two clans submitted an application then threatened to withdraw if they didn't like the look of the rules. Instead they read through the rules first and made a commitment. In your instance, eddie, you threatened you may withdraw when you eventually would get round to reading the rules. Several options were at our disposal in response to this approach. We used our discretion to determine that you could remain as a 2nd contact for AKA - we could have used our discretion more harshly and not allowed you to be a contact at all or even rejected AKA entirely.

I am sure that the majority of the clan community will agree that in the case of AKA, WAR and Optisani we used our discretion reasonably.

As stated, your thoughts will be considered in CLA discussions for next season.

:)
Last edited by Teflon Kris on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hmsps on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:39 am

There is no chance of us missing a turn never mind dropping out.

Eddie2 do you just go looking for things to stir things up/make trouble?

We would have finished our first clan war weeks ago but as the result was beyond doubt, the opposition seem to be dragging their heels by running the clock right down before they play turns or indeed missing turns.

I hope you guys make the right decision and keep us in :x
Highest score 3372 02/08/12
Highest position 53 02/08/12
Major hmsps

Postby Teflon Kris on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:06 am

hmsps wrote:There is no chance of us missing a turn never mind dropping out.

We would have finished our first clan war weeks ago but as the result was beyond doubt, the opposition seem to be dragging their heels by running the clock right down before they play turns or indeed missing turns.

There is no decision to be made, question of changing things at this point - WAR are in.

Good luck WAR

:D

Postby eddie2 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:54 am

hmsps wrote:There is no chance of us missing a turn never mind dropping out.

i did not say to remove you hmsps i was just saying about the fact of how they were 100 percent sure they would not change any rule for sign ups. refusing me a extension until the 4th to get confirmation. then they not only extend sign ups till the 5th but put clans in from outside the acceptance level. there must of been talk of your entry to cl4 when i asked for the extra time to get confirmation from clan. so they could of allowed the extra couple of days that was originally asked for instead of all this hassle.
Major eddie2

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives