Conquer Club

Castle Lands [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I'm a little confused

Postby KingBohica on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:14 pm

I'm a new player to the site, and need some clairification. Does Bombard mean: You can only lower the number of troops in the bombarded region? Or does it mean you can actually capture from say a catapult to a tower? The term bombard would make me think you could only weaken the attacked region, so can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!
KingBohica
Sergeant 1st Class KingBohica

Re: I'm a little confused

Postby Coleman on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:29 pm

KingBohica wrote:I'm a new player to the site, and need some clairification. Does Bombard mean: You can only lower the number of troops in the bombarded region? Or does it mean you can actually capture from say a catapult to a tower? The term bombard would make me think you could only weaken the attacked region, so can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!
KingBohica

That is correct. Many maps have this mechanic.

This information can be found on this page: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... tructions6

Some maps allow a special type of assault called bombardment. Bombardment doesn't allow you to conquer once the opponent's forces are destroyed, instead it converts the opposing region to neutral.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Re: I'm a little confused

Postby KingBohica on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Coleman wrote:
KingBohica wrote:I'm a new player to the site, and need some clairification. Does Bombard mean: You can only lower the number of troops in the bombarded region? Or does it mean you can actually capture from say a catapult to a tower? The term bombard would make me think you could only weaken the attacked region, so can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!
KingBohica

That is correct. Many maps have this mechanic.

This information can be found on this page: http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... tructions6

Some maps allow a special type of assault called bombardment. Bombardment doesn't allow you to conquer once the opponent's forces are destroyed, instead it converts the opposing region to neutral.

Ooooh Ok, now I see. The whole "turns to netral" thing is something I did not realize either, thanks very much! You are right also, many maps do seem to have it, that's why I wanted to know before I started signing up for any of them. Thanks again! =]

~KingBohica
Sergeant 1st Class KingBohica

Re: Castle Lands [Quenched]

Postby Geger on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:47 am

Quick question :

From legend, I can read :

Towers and Catapults with the same coloured flags can bombard each other and Catapults can bombard Castle

Find nothing that Towers can bombard other regions besides Catapults. But from 1st post :

the towers can bombard the external territories adjacent the fosses on the same quadrant. but the territories with the catapult can bombard the tower in the same quadrant

Which one is correct??

This Game 10376349 is my 1st game in this map, and I forgot to check when I held a Tower :(

Thanks
Major Geger

Postby iancanton on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:22 am

the "external territories adjacent the fosses on the same quadrant" are the "territories with the catapults", so they mean the same thing. fosse means the same as moat.

http://www.chambersharrap.co.uk/chambers/features/chref/chref.py/main?query=fosse&title=21st

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Geger on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:34 am

But take a look at Field-Area for example. There are 3 regions, that are adjacent to fosses (Oats, Rye and Oilseed), but only Rye has catapult.

According the legend : Field-Tower can only bombard Rye. But according to 1st Post of this thread, Field Tower can bombard these 3 regions. I'm confused :?:
Major Geger

Postby iancanton on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:26 pm

field tower can bombard only rye. it's difficult to explain clearly in words (the first post used an early wording that was regarded as unclear), so the mapmakers used coloured flags to show which regions can bombard each other.

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Geger on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:33 pm

OK, thank you :)
Major Geger

Previous

Return to The Atlas