Conquer Club

[GO] Fog of Rank

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Anonymous Games

Postby JoshyBoy on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:43 am

I like the sound of this suggestion. :)
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Re: Anonymity function

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:47 am

Night Strike wrote:This isn't a good idea for terminator games. The purpose of terminator is to get points off every player you kill, so it's typically the best strategy to maximize your points won. The happens by eliminating those who outrank you.

So should those high ranking players that want to keep an honorable amount of points have an incentive to now play Terminator games with anyone except players of equal rank?
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Re: Anonymity function

Postby Joodoo on Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:16 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:This isn't a good idea for terminator games. The purpose of terminator is to get points off every player you kill, so it's typically the best strategy to maximize your points won. The happens by eliminating those who outrank you.

So should those high ranking players that want to keep an honorable amount of points have an incentive to now play Terminator games with anyone except players of equal rank?

Good point, it'll probably greatly reduce suicides because low ranked players have a tendency to suicide on high ranked players in terminator games.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Fog of Rank

Postby ad10r3tr0 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Subject : Fog of Rank

Username: ad10r3tr0

Idea and what it means : Fog of Rank. When you decide to join/start a game, you will not know who you are playing nor the rank of the other players. The only thing you would see would be the colors of your opponents and that's it.

Why I think this should be implemented as a choice of game style : I think this would be a unique game style that would add a different experience and a lot more fun while playing. Have you higher ranks ever had someone suicide into you just because you were ranked high and they didn't want you to win? Have you ever had someone suicide into you just because you play them a lot and they don't like you? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this feature would help you out quite a bit from those idiots who suicide into you just because you are kicking everyones asses or because your a high rank.
Cook ad10r3tr0

Re: Fog of Rank

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Interesting... Not sure how I feel about this...
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Merged
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: Anonymous Games

Postby stahrgazer on Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:12 pm

dugcarr1 wrote:people could not see your name score or rank while playing.

have this as an option only .....i think this would be pretty fun,,,,and bring a few people outa the snob leages,,,

maybe ajust the points for these as well...

any ideas on making this a reality guys???

i didnt think this through all the way ,, so u haters could tweak it for me.

I like the idea except... it's an invite for multis to wreak havoc
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby Woltato on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:53 pm

I think this would be a great idea although should definitely be an optional setting rather than implemented as standard.

It's not much fun getting constantly targeted. This would enable higher ranked players to join a lot more public games and not have to worry about everyone automatically ganging up against them.
Sergeant Woltato

Postby askjeffro on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:27 am

Posting my support of an Anonymous mode of some sort. My brother and I enjoy playing with our friends, but we all know each other really well. As a result things often get personal which affects players to act in an unnatural way. In other words, if it were anonymous they would not behave the way the do at times. Would be nice to play with the same people but remove that from the equation if desired.
Sergeant 1st Class askjeffro

hiding ranks from people you are playing games with?

Postby Kiron on Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Concise description:
Hide the ranks of players of in the games.

Specifics/Details:
As title.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
It would make higher rank players more inclined to play more open games since they wouldn't be playing with a HUGE target on their head to begin the game with. Yes, people can just check the scoreboard, but it's less likely, too many low ranks just suicide on high rankers for lolz :P
Field Marshal Kiron

Re: hiding ranks from people you are playing games with?

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:42 pm

And here you go: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=128073

I would not be opposed to this, but I don't really care either way. To be honest, I probably do play differently depending on the the rank of the opponent.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Trevor33 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:12 pm

A hat is still a hat and i don't want to lose 50+ points because of someone elses stupid move. So no, please no. It's not even possible anyway.
Major Trevor33

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:57 pm

chapcrap wrote:And here you go: https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 1&t=128073

I would not be opposed to this, but I don't really care either way. To be honest, I probably do play differently depending on the the rank of the opponent.

The only time I'll play differently depending on the rank of the opponent is in terminator games.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Woodruff wrote:
chapcrap wrote:And here you go: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=128073

The only time I'll play differently depending on the rank of the opponent is in terminator games.

I guess for me it is mostly in 1v1 games or the end of games. And it doesn't effect much of what I do.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Trevor33 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:30 pm

I think you should play the same regardless of ranks. Keep making the best possible moves and the luck will come.
Major Trevor33

Postby chapcrap on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 pm

trevor33 wrote:I think you should play the same regardless of ranks. Keep making the best possible moves and the luck will come.

Well, if you play the same every time, beating you would be easy in the long run. When you change your play to fit the style of the person you are playing, then you have a better change of winning.

Anyway, that's not on-topic.

I don't have a problem with this, but I don't think that it should be for every game or anything.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Trevor33 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:39 pm

chapcrap wrote:
trevor33 wrote:I think you should play the same regardless of ranks. Keep making the best possible moves and the luck will come.

Well, if you play the same every time, beating you would be easy in the long run. When you change your play to fit the style of the person you are playing, then you have a better change of winning.

Anyway, that's not on-topic.

I don't have a problem with this, but I don't think that it should be for every game or anything.

I didn't mean playing the same as literally playing the same in each game, i meant treating your opponent as if he/she was the same level each game.
Major Trevor33

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Merged
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

"Blindfold" Option

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:00 am

Game is joined, starts and is played anonymously. The only time you find out who you were playing against is after the game is over

Specifics/Details:

-Players would be listed as Player1, Player2, Player3, etc., respective to when they joined.
-There would be no way to tell which player was which until the game was completely over.

Would be a fun way to play a game with a group of players and no one would know rank/identity so there would be no prejudice during the game against higher ranked players, people you don't like, new recruits, friends etc..
I feel this would add an extra element to games in that you could not assume anything about any of the other players since it would be completely anonymous. I'm sure there are holes in this idea since I haven't tried to find any and just thought of it but I feel it is at least worth investigating?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: "Blindfold" Option

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:42 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Game is joined, starts and is played anonymously. The only time you find out who you were playing against is after the game is over

Specifics/Details:

-Players would be listed as Player1, Player2, Player3, etc., respective to when they joined.
-There would be no way to tell which player was which until the game was completely over.

Would be a fun way to play a game with a group of players and no one would know rank/identity so there would be no prejudice during the game against higher ranked players, people you don't like, new recruits, friends etc..
I feel this would add an extra element to games in that you could not assume anything about any of the other players since it would be completely anonymous. I'm sure there are holes in this idea since I haven't tried to find any and just thought of it but I feel it is at least worth investigating?

I like it, but I don't think it needs to be implemented. As a higher ranked player (mostly Major+) you are often targeted by others especially in terminator.

How would it be shown in the game chat? Player 1 wrote ...?
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Hellfire Hotties on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:53 am

Are you suggesting that this be an option when starting a game- such as "Fog", "Trench", etc.? Or are you proposing a blindfold tourney scenario? I like the idea, and think it could be an interesting thing to at least try. :)
Sergeant 1st Class Hellfire Hotties

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:07 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:Game is joined, starts and is played anonymously. The only time you find out who you were playing against is after the game is over

Specifics/Details:

I like it, but I don't think it needs to be implemented. As a higher ranked player (mostly Major+) you are often targeted by others especially in terminator.

How would it be shown in the game chat? Player 1 wrote ...?

Yes, this is how I imagined the chat would be displayed.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:08 am

Hellfire Hotties wrote:Are you suggesting that this be an option when starting a game- such as "Fog", "Trench", etc.? Or are you proposing a blindfold tourney scenario? I like the idea, and think it could be an interesting thing to at least try. :)

I suppose a tourney could be arranged with all games having this option checked but yes, I envisioned it being an option such as "Fog" and "Trench".
Thanks for expanding on the idea. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby greenoaks on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:46 am

how would this work with the Foe List ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 am

well, if you try to avoid cooks and to lose 100 points it's a problem... but then i suppose you don't join those kind of games. Otherwise it's true that the higher you're ranked the more it's a pain to play terminator, on the other hand the lower you are ranked, the more a higher ranked player with no chance to win will try to favour the other higher ranked players to lose a minimum of points..
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions