Conquer Club

H.E. Mafia, Game Over, Town Prevails. [archive plox]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (17/17)[D1 Start]

Postby jonty125 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:30 pm

unvote Didn't realise when he meant "brother" he was meaning as in the Blues Brothers. I thought he was using it as another term for partner.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:05 pm

strike wolf wrote:
spiesr wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Haha. Well if u were my partner, you wouldn't be worried cause u know I'm town ^_^
That depends, sometimes mason pairs can contain a townie and a scum. Or were you specifically told your partner is town?

Well if New guy is a Elwood Blues his mason partner would be Jake Blues aka the Blues Brother. There would be little to no chance of one being scum and the other town.

I'm a bit skeptical as a mason claim is hard to prove when the mason partner hasn't come up. But considering the theme of the game and the fact that Elwood would make a perfect mason. I will Unvote

The movie starts with one of the brothers getting out of jail. Also, they are criminals for most of the movie. To argue that they are both town based on flavor brings back memories of Sweeney Todd when I tried to argue that Sweeney Todd was town. That argument didn't work there, and it doesnt work now.

Neither brother is confirmed for now, but until we can get further proof, we obviously can't push the case any farther.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:07 pm

And I know you might say that slicing people's throats is worse than playing in a band for a church. Just remember that blues really is the devil's music. S I ask you what is worse: killing a bunch of menial Londoners or summoning the devil to destroy the world?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Lol, morality is a tricky thing sometimes. But given that this game is based on pop culture, I think alignments may be something difficult to predict based only on characters.
Captain safariguy5

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:35 pm

IMO, saying the Blues Brothers are scum is like saying Robin Hood is scum. Did they all do some things that weren't in line with the law? Sure, but that doesn't mean they were bad people.

I could see them being third party masons, but not scum.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby strike wolf on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Well...I'm kind of thinking of a deadline extension. I don't really know what to do right now. I need to reread to find a new case and have only about 26 (?) hours to do so.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:22 pm

The Blues Brothers were on a mission from God to throw a concert so they could make the money to save the church where they grew up. Maybe not town but it would be highly improbable that they would be scum.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:05 pm

I realize your points everyone. My post was mostly tongue-in-cheek.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:25 am

VOTE COUNT

MoB Deadly:
dazza2008:
Some7hingCLEVER:
spiesr:
pancakemix:
edocsil: 1 (ghostly)
jonty125: 2 (newguy, clever)
Victor Sullivan:
crazymilkshake5:
new guy1: 1 (edoc)
chapcrap:
soundman: 1 (spiesr)
ghostly447:
safariguy5:
strike wolf:
Doom Yoshi: 1 (pcm)
la galleta: 1 (MoB)
NL:

With 17 alive it take 9 to lynch.

strike wolf wrote:Well...I'm kind of thinking of a deadline extension. I don't really know what to do right now. I need to reread to find a new case and have only about 26 (?) hours to do so.

The deadline will remain for the moment.

-Tails
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Just popping in to say you all bowl like shit.

Cheers,

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Just popping in to say you all bowl like shit.

Cheers,

-Sully

:o

Ya sounds about right, haha, my best is a 112 :/
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby strike wolf on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:56 pm

I once bowled a 300...wait...I think that was my batting average in Little League.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:03 pm

Well anyways, I haven't seen much of Jonty recently here or in the forum. La galetta also continues to be among the more inactive. Crazymilkshake joined somewhat late on the eagleblade bandwagon and voted no lynch. Don't know much about him. Some7hingclever has been on and posting a good bit in the Puss N boots mafia but hasn't posted here since monday. Other than that I don't have much. Just posting now as I'll be out tonight and will likely miss the deadline. A lynch at this point would be rushed and I admit I was feeling a bit unmotivated to post today because of that however at this point we could at least get some discussion going before the deadline.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 pm

strike wolf wrote:Well anyways, I haven't seen much of Jonty recently here or in the forum. La galetta also continues to be among the more inactive. Crazymilkshake joined somewhat late on the eagleblade bandwagon and voted no lynch. Don't know much about him. Some7hingclever has been on and posting a good bit in the Puss N boots mafia but hasn't posted here since monday. Other than that I don't have much. Just posting now as I'll be out tonight and will likely miss the deadline. A lynch at this point would be rushed and I admit I was feeling a bit unmotivated to post today because of that however at this point we could at least get some discussion going before the deadline.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Yeah, but none of these leads are grounds for a lynch IMHO. I really don't like forcing cases, and I figure we do have information already (though unverified, but still information).
Captain safariguy5

Postby chapcrap on Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:37 pm

I think that a little bit longer Day 1 deadline is advisable, but at this point, I do not think that lynching someone simply to kill them is a great idea.

I do think that few more people could try and post and be active though. DoomYoshi, do you need to make another list of the players to say who they think is scummy? ;)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:07 pm

chapcrap wrote:I think that a little bit longer Day 1 deadline is advisable, but at this point, I do not think that lynching someone simply to kill them is a great idea.

I do think that few more people could try and post and be active though. DoomYoshi, do you need to make another list of the players to say who they think is scummy? ;)

Hey, whatever works. As of now, since we have a deadline, I doubt we would see much effectiveness from that strategy. However, strike raised a lot of good points. If we got just the defenses from those during the day, it would be a productive day.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:42 am

Strike, edoc. I made my most recent post on 2nd Feb & its only the 4th today. It's at the very top of the last page.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby edocsil on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:56 am

I know. It was the part about pointless lynches. Should have said so.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (17/17)[N1]

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:18 am

The giant of a man sat back, half-content with this day. He hadn't managed to dispose of the do-gooders yet, but neither had they discovered his underlings. Things were looking up. Now that night approached, he could dispense with the pretenses needed to keep the public unawares, and the heavy lifting would begin.

There is no lynch.

It is now night time. All actions are due by Monday, ~12:00 p.m., PST (that should give everybody plenty of time, I won't even get out of class until 4ish anyway).

-Tails

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (17/17)[N1] No lynch.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Sorting through night actions, any late actions will no longer be received. Scene and results should come within the next hour or so.

-Tails

Hectic Eclectic Mafia (15/17)[D2] No escape.

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Orr, good friend and tent-mate of Yossarian, recognized the absurdity of the Catch-22. He recognized that he had two choices: escape or die. He intentionally had his bomber plane shot down every mission so that he could safely guide the wreckage to safety, with future plans to escape to Sweden. Unfortunately for this mission, he was paired with Havermeyer, "the best damn bomber pilot we've got," who always insisted on flying straight over the targets despite whichever anti-aircraft weapons were present. Whilst flying over the target area, shells exploded everywhere around his craft, and Orr landed his ship safely, although he was banged up a bit. Upon his exit from the craft, an enemy disemboweled him before he had time to react.

crazymilkshake5, playing Orr, town busdriver, has been killed.

Singer, mediator, polemic, pimp, and frequent victim of police brutality and color loss, Franklin Bluth was a puppet of uncanny character. He oft provided street cred to Gob's antics, and everybody loved him. Alas, a puppet's defenses are minimal at best, and his soft, pliable polyester skin was ripped open, whereupon his cotton stuffing spilled out.

edocsil, playing Franklin the puppet, town tracker, has been killed.

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch. There is no deadline as of yet.

Day 2 go!

Re: Hectic Eclectic Mafia (15/17)[D2] No escape for deserter

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:34 pm

edocsil was a good bowler and a good man... He was one of us... He was a man who loved the outdoors...and bowling...

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Oh dear. Any info from the night?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:11 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Oh dear. Any info from the night?
Let's see, the tracker is dead, the busdriver is dead as well so we have know idea what he did last night so anything that we do manage to drudge up has the possibility of contamination. Yeah, I think we aren't going to have anything to go on from this night...
Captain spiesr

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives