Moderator: Community Team

Re: Amount of starting territories in 1vs1

Postby Geger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 am

Dang! There is a list :lol:

... I'll look why the suggestion was rejected :roll:
Major Geger

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:34 pm

More than rejected it stalled (although I know it was archieved as rejected). As said previously I'm really interested to find out a couple of person to help me to find a solution for those unfair maps. If you want to help just send me a PM. ;)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Chariot of Fire on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Cuban Missile Crisis - another map where in 1v1 the person starting has 4 armies for 12 terrs.

I thought Ace had something to do with this map's creation? Some irony there.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Geger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:52 pm

I will comment on suggestion for games 1vs1 only, other types of games seem more complicated to find the ideal solution :mrgreen:

I can conclude after reading some people disagree with this suggestion because it does not solve the problem of the 1st starter's advantages in 1vs1 games. But somehow this suggestion makes the games 1vs1 more fair between the first and second starter. The bigger the map the effect is smaller.

Therefore, for the first step, I support the suggestion to add 1 to 3 neutrals start for map with 36 to 38 territories, so that each player starts with 11 territories. And after seeing the process of making a map right now (eg Eurasia), this is easy to do.
Major Geger

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:05 am

In general all maps with 72+ regions give a significant advantage to the first player, so for those there's no real solution, in fact the gameplay balancing for that maps is more focused to have fair team games.
Yes add some neutral with certain maps could be a solution but the placement must be done in a well manner or the current gameplay could change too much.

I'll take a look at that list in the next couple of days, if there's interest in having this issue fixed, we'll find a solution soon. ;)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions