Conquer Club

Best maps for 2 player games

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Best maps for 2 player games

Postby hoover22 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:27 pm

A friend and I have been playing daily games against each other - I typically just pick a random map, but some are better for 2 players than others. Does anybody have an opinion on the best 2 player maps available?
Cook hoover22

Re: Best maps for 2 player games

Postby chapcrap on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:From my own humble experience, a couple of 1vs1 maps I enjoy... I typically play chained/adjacent and Escalating, though I think other settings probably can work as well.

• Germany
    • This is the first map I found that I really enjoyed for 1vs1 play. I can't recall every having an opponent drop a bonus zone, since there really aren't any extra small zones. What really makes this map great is the fact that the center of map is mostly clear of impassables, so there is a nice movement and flow. This is a nice classic size map.
  • Berlin 1961
    • This has more potential for smaller bonuses being dropped, but smaller bonuses can also come more into play during the natural progression of the game. This is a nice classic size map.
  • Macedonia
    • This map similarly has a potential for smaller bonuses being dropped, but likewise smaller bonuses can also factor more into gameplay. This is a nice classic size map.
  • USA Map Pack
    • These maps aren't for everyone, but I've enjoyed a lot of 1vs1 games on the majority of these maps. State Capitals sometimes can be a nice added bonus for gameplay. They range from small to medium in size.
  • Madagascar
    • This map isn't as balanced as other 1vs1 maps, but I've found it pretty enjoyable from time to time. Small-ish map.
  • Portugal, High Seas, Caribbean Islands, Canada, Haiti, I have all played 1vs1 and enjoyed at some time.

--Andy

The only one on the list that I would really disagree with is Berlin 1961. I think the potential for bonus drops is too easy on that map. I've dropped them and had my opponents drop them quite frequently on that map. I do love High Seas though. That's usually a pretty good map.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby nebsmith on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:01 am

Try Conquer Rome - you can't drop a bonus on that map.
Sergeant nebsmith

Postby hoover22 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:45 am

Thanks - I had already found Germany and Berlin and enjoyed them - but now we have a few more to try.

chapcrap wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:From my own humble experience, a couple of 1vs1 maps I enjoy... I typically play chained/adjacent and Escalating, though I think other settings probably can work as well.

• Germany
    • This is the first map I found that I really enjoyed for 1vs1 play. I can't recall every having an opponent drop a bonus zone, since there really aren't any extra small zones. What really makes this map great is the fact that the center of map is mostly clear of impassables, so there is a nice movement and flow. This is a nice classic size map.
  • Berlin 1961
    • This has more potential for smaller bonuses being dropped, but smaller bonuses can also come more into play during the natural progression of the game. This is a nice classic size map.
  • Macedonia
    • This map similarly has a potential for smaller bonuses being dropped, but likewise smaller bonuses can also factor more into gameplay. This is a nice classic size map.
  • USA Map Pack
    • These maps aren't for everyone, but I've enjoyed a lot of 1vs1 games on the majority of these maps. State Capitals sometimes can be a nice added bonus for gameplay. They range from small to medium in size.
  • Madagascar
    • This map isn't as balanced as other 1vs1 maps, but I've found it pretty enjoyable from time to time. Small-ish map.
  • Portugal, High Seas, Caribbean Islands, Canada, Haiti, I have all played 1vs1 and enjoyed at some time.

--Andy

The only one on the list that I would really disagree with is Berlin 1961. I think the potential for bonus drops is too easy on that map. I've dropped them and had my opponents drop them quite frequently on that map. I do love High Seas though. That's usually a pretty good map.
Cook hoover22

Postby tkr4lf on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:43 pm

I would also suggest Arms Race, WII Poland, and Feudal War.
Major tkr4lf

Postby chapcrap on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:45 pm

tkr4lf wrote:I would also suggest Arms Race, WII Poland, and Feudal War.

True, I would use some Conquer Style maps. Great for 1v1. Especially with Fog of War. Here's a list I made earlier.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=161938#p3540197
chapcrap wrote:I think these are refered to as 'Conquer Style' maps. Here's a list (it may not be all of them, but it's close):
    Age of Reams 1: Might
    Age of Reams 2: Magic
    Age of Reams 3: Mayhem
    Antarctica
    Arms Race! (kind of)
    Baseball
    City Mogul
    Clandemonium
    Das Schloss
    Feudal Epic
    Feudal War
    Jamaica
    King's Court
    Lunar War
    Monsters
    New World
    Oasis (kind of)
    Peloponnesian War
    Poker Club
    Route 66
    Treasures of Galapagos
    Woodboro
    WWII Poland
    All Your Base Are Belong To Us (kind of)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:47 pm

I like Canada, arms race, draknor, Germany, WWII Poland, Italy....those come to mind I'm sure there are more.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Conquer Club Discussion